EY

2.8

272 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

First round was on campus interview, and ask the general questions about leadership, teamwork and skills. The second round interview on site and similar questions like the first round.

Interview Questions
    • When face the same questions, it's hard to get the different answers immediately.   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Submitted application through school, got the interview in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the course you have learned. What is factor analysis?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview process was similar to other companies in the industry. 1st round was on-campus interview and then they invited students for in-house interview. I interviewed with two--one partner and one manager. Both asked mostly behavioral questions but they asked details of some experiences. Interview length was about 30mins for each.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

OCR for .5 hour on campus then got invitation to the Super Day. 3 Interviews on the super day. 2 one hour Behavioral Interviews and one one hour case study. The case study is 15 pages long ang you have 15 minutes to read.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of difficuty have you expirence working with others and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at EY in June 2013.

The interviews themselves were staged in an extremely professional, well-organized manner. The followup, however, was slipshod and basically rude. Overall I would say the experience was rather negative. I was left with the impression that their HR people had so many applicants they wouldn't bother with you for more than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to lay out the strategy and plans I would follow to succeed in the job were I to be hired.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interviews were conversational rather than technical. Everyone was very welcoming and did not have an intimidating presence. Just make sure to know what exactly is on your resume. Also, bring an updated resume copy. For some reason my interviewers had an old version of my resume, even though I had updated my information in the EY system. I provided them with an updated one. I suggest that before your interview starts, to make sure that they have your new resume and it they don't, hand them a new one.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to discuss a recent tax article that I read that I found interesting.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
    The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Questions
    • CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in November 2010.

Call from HR Recruiter for an interview at the NY Office. The interview consisted of a meeting with like 20 applicants and the Manager of HR Department explaining how the process would be. After the meeting we got assigned a Tax Senior Employee who was going to bring each applicant to the office of the interviewer, was a 1:1 with a PArtner and a Senior Manager, ending the day with a lunch in a local restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of technical Questions regarding Tax Issues. A bit difficult considering the entry level position.   Answer Question

Valuation Advisory Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

I went through a referral from one of the partners at the firm for the New York office. I received the interview through a phone call. Prior to this, I had one of the campus recruiters tell me that my resume was more for banking and said that I should look else where. That was really unprofessional. Secondly, on the day of my initial interview, the interviewer did not show up. He also did not send me an email apologizing for missing the email. I had to email HR to let them know that he missed the interview. We then rescheduled the interview and he was totally not helpful what so ever. The interview did not go well, he did not even apologize for missing the prior date. After the interview , I waited patiently to hear back from EY. I did not even get a response from them. Sad organization and process overall. Would not recommend them.

Senior Consultant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Initial Communication was with recruiter. We had generation conversation about qualification and experience and interests. Then a phone interview with Senior manager, then final round with 1 manager, 1 senior mgr, and 2 partners . HR also was available to describe the practice and answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • No business case, just went deep into what I currently do and why would I want to work in consulting.   Answer Question