EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

249 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Did not ask any technical or behavior question. Interviewer just went through my CV and ask me to ask him questions. The entire process is very conversational. Get a feeling that the interviewer is just testing the interviewee's interpersonal skill instead of technical skill. I suggest applicants should be prepared to ask some questions that shows you have done some research to the firm.

Senior Associate Financial Services Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I was referred by a friend who works at the Financial Services Office.

Interview Process:
    1) Phone screen with HR: Basically HR wanted to understand my background and make sure I have consulting experience in order to move forward.
    2) Phone screen with Partner: Since my consulting experience happened 5 years ago, the Partner wanted to make sure I still had the skills. He knew I did not have FS skills but he was comfortable that I had consulting skills so I moved on to the Super Day.
    3) Super Day: I went to the NY office and had 5 back to back 45-minute interview. The first interview was with the Partner, second interview was with HR, third interview was with a senior manager, 4th interview was with a manager and the final interview was with another senior manager. The interviews were conversational. Most of them told me during the interview that it was easier to teach FS skills than teach someone to become a consultant.

The feedback that I received was that all of them believed I had consulting skills but the deciding factor was the lack of FS skills.

Interview Questions
    • The last senior manager asked me technical FS questions.   Answer Question

Finance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Sent the application and received a phone call a few days after. Phone call was pretty long (about 2 hours) with the Human Resources recruiter. Standard questions about personality and background. Was able to ask a lot of questions about the position and the start/end date of the internship. Heard back with offer three months after.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose that major? How will it help specifically for the job?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The length of the interview process was a big disappointment for me. Two and a half months, interviewed with six people, completed an assessment, only to be turned down in favor of a candidate with prior experience. It seemed like an awfully long time to turn someone down based off of experience, which all of the interviewers knew I did not have in the first place. That really should have happened after the first interview. Instead, the process was drug out for months, all the while being told that I had positive feedback with each interview. I have been a recruiter for a very large corporation for the past seven years. This is not how I would treat my candidates, and this was a real eye-opener for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked anything that would be "out of the ordinary" when it comes to interview questions. As always, make sure you do your research on the company prior to interviewing. Learn abount current initiatives and hot topics. Ask the interviewer questions about the initiatives.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2013.

Communicated with campus recruiter. Got through both interview processes within a month. Interview was mostly behavioral with a couple technical questions. Met with 1 partner and 2 senior managers for the super day, which was more laid back than expected.

Experienced Professionals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2010.

1) Resumes are prescreened by HR so highligh the summary of work experience and research the practice that has the service offering you are interested to properly aligned you with the right manager, senior manager and partner to interview.
    2) Another screening through phone interview (background, competency) before you get scheduled for an office interview.
    3) Candidate will be interviewed by 3 executives. Interviews are designed to give insight to your various skills in people, technical skills, operational excellence and growth.
    4) Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • For audits/assurance, you maybe asked about your process or how to execute your audit.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Staffing agency person referred me to EY, Got the phone interview (Technical) call in a week and then traveled to New York for personal interview. It was three 30 minutes interviews with Partner, Exec Director and senior manager. The process was great and amazing people. I have got the offer after 2 weeks from the personal interview. I have declined the offer as they were not ready to offer what I have expected. No negotiation at all.

Interview Questions
    • challenges faced in previous projects and how I have handled them.   Answer Question

I have asked for 25% higher than my current salary. EY Offered 15% higher than my current salary. Offer ended at $5K-$10K less than what I have asked for. They could not take an exception to get me more.

Audit FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

applied through campus job center. Got interview and had two rounds of interviews-one on campus with senior manager, and one onsite with two interviewers (one manager, and one senior manager)

Interview Questions
    • none, but remember something about leadership- how to deal with difficult team member   Answer Question

Senior Associate FAAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

2 rounds of interviews, behaviorial questions. Not difficult; just be very personable. Practice is growing so hiring process is not picky at all. People's quality are lowered thanbefore.

Interview Questions
    • Just don't make up accounting references if you aren't sure. IF there is one thing people know here, that is their accounting guidance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation