EY

2.8

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

I interviewed on campus and less than a week later I was invited for a second interview. Received offer the very next day. It was a very excellent experience. Loved every single person I met

Assurance Full-time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in November 2010.

one on one interview at the school, followed by a second round interview at the office. Day consisted of ice breakers with other prospective employees, followed by two, back to back, 30 min, one on one interviews with a partner and manager. Lunch with newly hired staff members and then an exit "interview" to confirm details. Great friendly people and great environment.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2010.

I already new the Partner involved, so contacted him directly. From there I had one phone interview with HR and then within a couple of weeks they flew me to NYC for the interview. It was all very casual, and non-technical. Really all about my intr personal/ consulting abilities, and where I see myself going.
    I had lunch with the partner - discussions around potential opportunities and growth. Altogther had 4 interviews of 45 minutes each. Got the offer within 3 weeks of the interview - all very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe experiences with tough clients and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2012.

phone interview by a recuiter, about a week after applying online. setting an interview, 4 days later for the next week. panel of 3 managers at the interview.

FSO Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in September 2011.

I was invited to the NYC office for a "Super Day" interview for the internship (travel & lodging all paid for by E&Y). We had "escorts" who were mostly Staff 2's that brought us to our interviews and also took us out for lunch after our interviews. I had two 1:1 interviews - one with a partner in the FSO practice and one with a senior manager. The interviews were mostly about myself, why I wanted to do Assurance, why I wanted to do FSO, and why I wanted to intern at Ernst & Young.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in September 2011.

The 1st round interview was pretty basic. The interviewer only wanted to learn about me as a person and my experiences, to see if both were a good fit for the position. Asked me questions like, what was your favorite class and why did you choose your major? What did you do at your previous jobs?

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview with HR. Phone interview is mostly about your resume and work experiences. Invited for a 1:1 interview with a Director and Assistant Director. Interview itself is not that bad, so long as you really know what you wrote in your resume. Friendly atmosphere and I did not feel intimidated

Interview Questions
    Didn't get the chance to negotiate

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2008.

I was working overseas in another EY office. When one of my friends moved to the New York office I requested him to refer me to New York Office. The interview process was painstakingly long. I was interviewed over the course of some 45-50 days. In between the interviews and even after them, the communication was really bad. I was told after more than 2 months that they want to go ahead and hire me, but the lack of communication was not appreciated at my end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and background? Why do you want to move to New York office   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you are currently doing? What type of clients are you working on?   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Phone interview, in-person interview, got the offer, all within 2 weeks

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in August 2012.

Got the interview through an internal referral. First I got a phone interview with HR in which I was just told about EY and what I was looking for in terms of career. Very simple stuff and eventually an in-person interview was set up.
    The interview was in their NYC building and consisted of 4 interviews (Sr. manager, HR, Exec. Director, Sr. manager). The interview was all about fit and they just asked me to run me through my resume. The only question outside of my resume was about team work and a time I had trouble with working in a group and how I solved it.
    Two days later HR called me saying the interview went well and asked me to fill out background check information. 3 days later I got the offer from a call by HR.
    Overall, they were very nice and cordial in that they responded fast compared to many of the other companies I have interviewed for so far.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a team you had a problem working with others and how you dealt with it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They have a standard base that they start everyone on