EY

2.8

273 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

I was referred to EY by a friend and former coworker as an experienced hire. I applied through the website, was contacted by their HR department and flew to NYC for my interview. I interviewed with a senior manager, an executive director and a partner. The interview questions mostly focused on my prior work experience. Everyone seemed very intelligent, friendly enough and highly ambitious - so very New York City. I was somewhat "sold to" on opportunities I would have to help them upgrade their technology to be paperless but this did not pan out as these decisions are made only at much higher levels.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any tax technical questions or other hard interview questions. I was mostly prompted to talk about my prior work experience which I did not find difficult.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate a higher salary even though I had a higher offer from another firm which I communicated to the HR person. She said that once the offer had been approved by all the different channels, there was basically no way to negotiate. I accepted the lower offer from EY because I need Big 4 experience on my resume.

Human Capital Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2012.

One phone interview and one on site interview

Straight forward

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

FSO, Technology Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview at campus for the first round with a senior manager. Asked about standard resume questions like tell me about your past internship experience, why do you want to work in finance industry, and why choose EY, etc.. Got into second round the next day. Three rounds in the office, two behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions
    • Your internship experience is not directly related to the financial service industry, so why do you want to work in the finance now?   Answer Question

Senior III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

Very easy, know your resume

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

Very warm. 3 interviews with 1 case interview.
    Had a mobile app case that was to be read with accompanying answers.
    Worked out well.

Interview Questions
    • when were you faced with a team member issue?   View Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   View Answer
    I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

IT Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I applied through campus recruiting and went to Superday in October 2013. It was really easy, 1 case interview and 2 behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that out of the ordinary. They just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

I attended a couple of campus events and applied through my school's career website. The first round interview was 30 mins. It was more like a conversation and my interviewer went thought my resume. My interviewer was so nice. I got the office visit notice on the following day. The office visit was about 4 hours, one presentation, one panel discussion and two 30 mins interview then lunch. The first interview was a tax partner and the second one was a tax manager. I was nervous when I know the first one is a partner because My friend got two managers. The partner was very friendly. He asked me about 4 behavioral questions. The questions were very specific, My second interviewer was very nice as well. He basically went through my resume with me. Overall, the whole experience was very good. I like it, everyone was so nice, I think it is EY culture. The following day, I received the phone call from the recruiter to extend my offer.

Risk Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through on campus career resource center. After the EY HR team reviewed my resume, I received an on-campus face to face interview call. The interview went very well. Walked through my resume, experiences, and out of class contributions. The mgr said I will get a call back soon

No negotiation