EY

236 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – Differs everywhere but if it is a campus hire situation, there will be an on campus intervew and if that goes well, you would be called in for a superday interview with 3 or more managers/senior managers/partners and you get taken out for lunch on the house!

Interview Question – The interviews are usually not that tough. They really want to know you rather than what you know. They might test your humor or spirit to take criticism.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Usually negotiation depends on prior experience or degrees.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2008.

Interview Details – The one on one interview itself was everything I had been told to expect. It consisted of a lot of questions of my personality and experiences I had in the past. Most of them focused on group work and wanted to see how well I worked with others. The interviewer also described the job role thoroughly and wanted to make sure I had fully understood what position they were interviewing me for.

Overall it was a great interview and really what I had expected - personality and group experiences. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get an offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to make a hard decision in a group environment.   View Answer

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through school career service and got an on-campus interview weeks after. Invited to an E&Y Superday few days after the first interview, and the visit was scheduled at the 5 Time Square address. The Superday started with a overview of E&Y and the interviews were way easier than I thought, two 30-min sections with a partner and a senior manager. Both asked me to tell a story about myself. No behavioral question, no brain teaser, no group case, no writing sample. Nice lunch with an assurance staff and filled in an info sheet to close that day. Got a call from the recruiter two weeks later (horrible two weeks for me) and took me another two weeks to receive my offer letter in mail.

Interview Question – Tell me a story about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried but cannot

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process at EY out of college is fairly simple. If you are there you are likely to get an offer in assurance. They are very meticulous about who they invite in for an interview so when they do pick you, you probably have an offer. The interviews are non technical and very informal.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interview Details – Got the interview through an internal referral. First I got a phone interview with HR in which I was just told about EY and what I was looking for in terms of career. Very simple stuff and eventually an in-person interview was set up.
The interview was in their NYC building and consisted of 4 interviews (Sr. manager, HR, Exec. Director, Sr. manager). The interview was all about fit and they just asked me to run me through my resume. The only question outside of my resume was about team work and a time I had trouble with working in a group and how I solved it.
Two days later HR called me saying the interview went well and asked me to fill out background check information. 3 days later I got the offer from a call by HR.
Overall, they were very nice and cordial in that they responded fast compared to many of the other companies I have interviewed for so far.

Interview Question – Tell me about a team you had a problem working with others and how you dealt with it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have a standard base that they start everyone on

Actuary Interview

Actuary
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

Interview Details – I already new the Partner involved, so contacted him directly. From there I had one phone interview with HR and then within a couple of weeks they flew me to NYC for the interview. It was all very casual, and non-technical. Really all about my intr personal/ consulting abilities, and where I see myself going.
I had lunch with the partner - discussions around potential opportunities and growth. Altogther had 4 interviews of 45 minutes each. Got the offer within 3 weeks of the interview - all very professional.

Interview Question – Describe experiences with tough clients and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round was on campus with a recruiter. Four days later I got invited back for an office-visit (i.e. second round). I got nervous at first because everybody kept stressing "fit", "dedication", and "know what's going on in accounting". However, the actual interviews were pretty laid back. I had one with a manager and another with the partner.

The day started off with a presentation of E&Y Career as well as all the candidates introducing themselves. Then everyone was assigned to an escort who takes you to the interview location. After the interviews, you go to lunch with your escort and that pretty much concludes the day. I got a call the very next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a teamwork experience where you had to help out your teammates.   Answer Question
  • Describe a challenge you faced that required immediate reaction.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Iselin, NJ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus and less than a week later I was invited for a second interview. Received offer the very next day. It was a very excellent experience. Loved every single person I met

Interview Question – Tell me about a leadership experience   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – I have only started the first stage of the interview process. My phone interview was straight forward. Manager on the phone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview went well, the firm has been very engaged and communicative through out the process.

Interview Question – Why EY   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is supposedly offer on the table, appears to be a tussle with regards to disclosure of information. Why does EY need a candidate's W-2 information to make a competitive offer ? Is it because they are unable to value talent ( concerning as this is an advisory firm charging for valuations) or because they like to make low ball offers to candidates?
I am curious if others have been required to provide the same ?