EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

244 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Office: Technology Advisory Program Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

I applied for the position through my schools online job postings website and heard back from EY within 2 weeks.
    I was then invited to a networking event on campus followed by a single behavioral interview the next day. The first interview was very informal and conversational, they are really just looking to get to know you. Following the interview I was sent an email with a request to complete an essay. This essay was a random prompt and was required to be written in 45 mins. I heard back from them in a little less than a week and was told I was invited to interview at their office in New York.
    Their final round or "Super Day" consisted of a short presentation followed by 2 behavioral interviews and a case based interview. Once again the behavioral interviews were very conversational and enjoyable. The case was presented in written format for you to read followed by the interviewer asking questions or for your recommendations on the case.
    I then heard back from them 2 days following the "Super Day" and was extended a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral: They really shape them based on how the conversation is going.
      Tell me something interesting?
      How do you make people agree with your idea?
      Case: Questions were written on Case. These were not used. Questions will be different depending on each case.
        Answer Question

FSO Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

1st round is resume screening, 2nd round is on campus 1:1 interview, and final round is onsite interview in NYC. Final round roughly took 4 hours, including a welcome presentation, lunch and 2 1:1 interviews. Interview was super laid-back, interviewers are kind and patient, in general the experience was just super nice. All I had were behavioral questions, nothing technical involved.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Questions are like what is your strength/weakness.   View Answer

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

First round on campus/on the phone. Second round interviews at the office. Two 30 minutes interviews with senior managers or partners

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

The first interview was on-campus and included a pre-night. Everyone at the pre-night was very friendly, make sure to talk to as many people as possible. My on-campus interview was relaxed and was with a partner that I ate dinner with the night before at the pre-night. There wasn't any technical or behavioral questions. The partner invited me to the second-round of interviews on the spot and used the rest of the time to tell me about the office-visit interview. Two weeks later, I attended the "super day." The day consisted of a presentation, a panel discussion with a Tax Director, and then two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. The interview with the manager seemed to be awkward on purpose--they want to make sure you can start and hold a conversation. He asked mostly behavioral questions about teamwork, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Make sure you have a lot of questions to ask. The next interview with a tax partner was super relaxed, we talked about the company culture, his background, and sports. The day ends with a lunch with your assigned mentor for the day with the rest of the group.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you'll fit in better with the culture at EY as opposed to the other Big 4?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

First round was on campus with a recruiter. Four days later I got invited back for an office-visit (i.e. second round). I got nervous at first because everybody kept stressing "fit", "dedication", and "know what's going on in accounting". However, the actual interviews were pretty laid back. I had one with a manager and another with the partner.

The day started off with a presentation of E&Y Career as well as all the candidates introducing themselves. Then everyone was assigned to an escort who takes you to the interview location. After the interviews, you go to lunch with your escort and that pretty much concludes the day. I got a call the very next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a teamwork experience where you had to help out your teammates.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge you faced that required immediate reaction.   Answer Question

FSO Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

One on campus interview, second round interview in office.

People were great really friendly. Asked a few behavioral questions. Just be yourself and you'll do fine. Go prepared with insightful questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends say are most annoying about you?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

I interviewed on campus and less than a week later I was invited for a second interview. Received offer the very next day. It was a very excellent experience. Loved every single person I met

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

I already new the Partner involved, so contacted him directly. From there I had one phone interview with HR and then within a couple of weeks they flew me to NYC for the interview. It was all very casual, and non-technical. Really all about my intr personal/ consulting abilities, and where I see myself going.
    I had lunch with the partner - discussions around potential opportunities and growth. Altogther had 4 interviews of 45 minutes each. Got the offer within 3 weeks of the interview - all very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe experiences with tough clients and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

FSO, Technology Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview at campus for the first round with a senior manager. Asked about standard resume questions like tell me about your past internship experience, why do you want to work in finance industry, and why choose EY, etc.. Got into second round the next day. Three rounds in the office, two behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions
    • Your internship experience is not directly related to the financial service industry, so why do you want to work in the finance now?   Answer Question