EY

Getting the Interview

225 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york

Interview Question – What is something not on your resume   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Question – The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

Very Easy Interview

Event Planner Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – As long as you can get an initial job and make a lot of contacts in the company, be prepared for a rather easy interview process as an internal candidate. If people like you and you are personable, the interview process is a quick one, especially if moving up within the same department.

Interview Question – Giving an answer to "where do you want to be in 5 years?" is always tough.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you can negotiate in 2013 with this kind of job market, good luck. Usually you're told what you're given nowadays.

Full Time Business Advisory Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting at one of EY's top priority schools. First round interview was on campus- very easy and strictly behavioral. Second round was in the NYC office. They put me in a hotel 2 min from the office. They first show you a presentation about the company very similar to ones they give at information sessions. Then they assign you to a greeter and take you to you 3 interviews. 2 behavioral interviews are very easy. Its all about being able to maintain an interesting conversation. My advice would be to act as confident as possible an demonstrate how you would fit into the culture. 3rd interview was a case study about a mobile bank trying to acquire a brick and mortar bank. Not too hard and the interviewer makes it more of a conversation. Know how to perform a SWOT analysis which an incredibly basic business model. After the interviews, the greeters take the interviewees out to lunch and then you leave. Got a call 4 days later offering me the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you thought you did well but you completely failed.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through University Careernet website and got e-mail for first interview. It was easy and all the questions were behavioral and just related to my resume.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you among all the students which are being interviewed today?   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Staff Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus career resource center. After the EY HR team reviewed my resume, I received an on-campus face to face interview call. The interview went very well. Walked through my resume, experiences, and out of class contributions. The mgr said I will get a call back soon

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as far as i know   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

Interview Details – The first thing they do is a campus interview, then if you make it to the second interview, they will have you visit the actual office and be interviewed. I really did enjoy the interview process because it helped e further understand the office and its culture.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Interns don't negotiate.

FSO - BAP Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied via my school and was accepted for an on campus interview. There was a dinner before to meet various people and your interviewer, very relaxed but crowded atmosphere. First interviews were strictly behavioral and were on a strict schedule, so any time to stray away from the conversation was difficult, but questions were simple.

Second round interview was in NYC. We had a presentation before and then had two behavioral and one case interview. The case is simple, the manager walks you through the case and makes it a very relaxed setting. Afterwords we were taken out to lunch with 1st year employees to talk about their experiences. Overall it was a very good experience and process.

Interview Question – Nothing to unexpected, the case would be the most challenging for people.   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – First round on campus/on the phone. Second round interviews at the office. Two 30 minutes interviews with senior managers or partners

Interview Question – Why is Transfer Pricing important?   Answer Question

Summer Tax Intern Interview

New York, NY

Interview Details – The first interview was on-campus and included a pre-night. Everyone at the pre-night was very friendly, make sure to talk to as many people as possible. My on-campus interview was relaxed and was with a partner that I ate dinner with the night before at the pre-night. There wasn't any technical or behavioral questions. The partner invited me to the second-round of interviews on the spot and used the rest of the time to tell me about the office-visit interview. Two weeks later, I attended the "super day." The day consisted of a presentation, a panel discussion with a Tax Director, and then two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. The interview with the manager seemed to be awkward on purpose--they want to make sure you can start and hold a conversation. He asked mostly behavioral questions about teamwork, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Make sure you have a lot of questions to ask. The next interview with a tax partner was super relaxed, we talked about the company culture, his background, and sports. The day ends with a lunch with your assigned mentor for the day with the rest of the group.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'll fit in better with the culture at EY as opposed to the other Big 4?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation