EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a speed dating. 6 interviewers with 45 minutes each. They check for body language, knowledge and attitude

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was very bad. They didnt agree of my requirements.

Advisory Senior Interview

Advisory Senior
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process took five months and was interrupted by long periods of silence. The recruiter was overstretched in his role and had too many other candidates to service so his attention on me felt very limited. The technical phone interview was the first stage, and it was a rushed 30-minute phone call with a partner. She seemed rushed and asked superficial questions, and this passed me on to the next stage. Next was an in-person interview with 3 people. I got an offer after the in-person interview. Those doing the interviews were not very experienced.

Interview Question – None. The questions were not difficult and there was no case interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the offer was higher than at other firms.

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had been in contact with the company for almost a year before my formal interview. It was an in-office interview I was offered after attending a national conference for college students at my preference location. No hotel stay included, however, all expenses were reimbursed by the firm. The interview was very straight forward. I hesitate to say it was easy. One case study on a basic potential M&A deal where I was asked to list areas of concern and what I would do. No "right" answer, just buzzwords were looked for to make sure I recognized the area was of importance for the client to consider in the deal. Two other behavioral interviews that were very standard. No brainteasers, test on current events etc..

Interview Question – What is consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have not tried, though I may consider it.

Data Architect Interview

Data Architect
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted through a recruiting agency and it took 55 days to conclude the process.

The call started with a 30 minute technical interview and the call took place on time as scheduled. Then there was a 30 minute call with a Senior Manager (the reporting manager) and he did not call me on time and he even had to interrupt the call to take other calls and said he will schedule another call on the next few days. When he called me 35 minutes early or 25 minutes late (considering the different time zones), I missed the call. He didn’t leave a message. I called back and left a message and I never heard from him. That left a bad taste with me. The third call was with another Senior Manager and it took just 15 minutes as scheduled.

They called me for a super-day in New York. I met an hour with the reporting manager described above. My interview experience with him was negative as he even went on to take a cheap shot on me going into independent consulting upon becoming a permanent resident (Green Card) in US. Interview was generally easy. To one of the question (size of a trading database that I designed for a client), I said a wrong answer and I did not utilize my opportunity to get it corrected. I could have get that answer corrected.

Then I was scheduled for an hour with another Senior Manager who is running the Technology Advisory practice at the client site. He came 10 minutes late and he was unprofessional throughout the 25-30 minutes he was in the room. He do not show interest in listening, interrupt when you speak and goes on to the next thing. He even ended the interview abruptly after 25 minutes.

Next, I met with the Partner/Principal for 30 minutes. The interview went very well with him and he asked great questions and he promptly answer my questions. He was the only one whom I found was genuinely interested during my interviews on Super-Day.

Interview Question – repeatedly asked question was Why EY? What do you expect from EY in return?   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program (BAP) Interview

Business Advisor Program (BAP)
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through my school's career services website.

The first-round interview was on-campus. The interviewer was really nice, and it was a standard 30-minute resume/personality interview.

A few days later, I received an email requesting I complete an online writing test. I was given 45 minutes to answer a question about the skill set necessary for new hires. It was not difficult -- I think it was less about what you wrote and more about your ability to write.

A few days after that, I received an email inviting me to an office visit. My visit was scheduled for a month later. The day began with two presentations, one about the Business Advisor Program and another about EY. We were then introduced to our greeters, who were in their first and second years of BAP, who took us to our interviews and then out to lunch afterwards. There were three interviews back-to-back, one case and two resume/fit. The case interview was not stressful -- the interviewer was nice, and answered whatever questions I had. The case was also written out and I had 10-15 minutes to read through the problem and think about it on my own before I was asked any questions. After the interviews, I got lunch with a group of greeters and other people interviewing.

I heard back within 5 business days that I received an offer.

Interview Question – My last interviewer was tough. For everything I said, he said I didn't really answer the question and asked me to say something else. I don't think he did this because my answers were bad or wrong, but rather to see how I reacted and carried myself. He did this for three or four questions, but warmed up at the end when I had the chance to ask questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – very easy going and laid back interview process. s true sense of teamwork and commitment is portrayed at all levels, Everyone seems to be part of a team and shows a true dedication to growing the practice.

Negotiation Details – i received offer, i did not have to negotiste as they met my initial requests

IT Risk Assurance Interview

IT Risk Assurance
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting and went to Superday in October 2013. It was really easy, 1 case interview and 2 behavioral.

Interview Question – Nothing was that out of the ordinary. They just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
New York, NY

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Question – Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

Technology Advisory Program (TAP) Interview

Technology Advisory Program (TAP)
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – On-campus. first round on campus with the local manager. 2nd round after 3 weeks. 2nd round is at your 1st preferred work location. had 1 case study interview- 45 min, relaxed, not too difficult, no market sizing questions. Also had 2 other rounds of behavioral interviews. Most frequent questions: why EY?what motivates you? strengths and weakness? questions related to my resume and experience-mainly team based and project based.
For the case study: SWOT analyses, my solutions to the problem, technical risks of the project etc

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, I expected the level of questions. The interviewers are pretty relaxed and friendly which makes the whole process a little easier.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york

Interview Question – What is something not on your resume   Answer Question