EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

248 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Behavioral interview, did not ask technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness and what is your least favorite class in accounting.   Answer Question

The recruiter did not seem professional

IT & Risk Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through my school's campus recruiting website; was invited for an on-campus interview. Before the interview (which consisted of behavioral questions based on my prior experiences) I chatted with the greeters for a while and impressed them with my knowledge of the company and its current events. I got a couple business cards and networked with the greeters via email throughout the interview process. I think this helped me in getting invited to the Super Day in New York. In New York, I had two additional behavior interviews which were very conversational. I also had one case study, which I thought went really well. For the case study, I prepared a SWOT analysis for the fictional situation as I read through the materials. The first four questions I was asked about the case were about Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats so I was very prepared to respond with my analysis.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me a very pointed question about one of my past experiences listed on my resume. It had been a while since I'd thought about this particular line item, so I struggled to give specific details when relating my answer. Make sure you thoroughly review your resume before going into the interview - this is where many of the behavioral-based questions will come from!   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

The first thing they do is a campus interview, then if you make it to the second interview, they will have you visit the actual office and be interviewed. I really did enjoy the interview process because it helped e further understand the office and its culture.

Interns don't negotiate.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   View Answer
    I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
      Time you had to deal with a difficult person?
        Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Had a meet and greet session with the employers during the career fair after which I got a call for a one on one interview. The interview was held on campus.

Interview Questions
    • How is EY different from its competitors?   View Answer

IT Risk Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The interviews were really laid back and mainly behavioral. During the second round there is a case interview but it's not too bad. They just want to see your thought processes. Overall not bad.

PI Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

One on-campus interview, three 1:1 during the office visit. First interview was mainly conversational, the office interview/superday consisted of 3 45-minute interviews with upper management: walk me through your resume, behavior, and case study. Overall, a good experience and everyone was really friendly. I think they want you to do well.

Intern/no negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Please read if you are an EY interview candidate and wish it doesnt happen to you.

My interview with EY lasted for 10 months. After an initial conversation with the recruiter in Dec 2010, I had a phone interview in Jan 2012, one case interview in the office in Mar 2012 and a final round of interview in Oct 2012. Its a unique situation where I had to wait for months before the next round. Thats because the practice was going through a hiring freeze. My profile was a perfect fit to the job description and through out the process the recruiter was very encouraging about my possibility to get an offer. The feedback from 1st 2 rounds was evident of the fact as well. I let go few other opportuniteis as I was very interested in the position.
    Come October, after multiple times of rescheduling, I landed up in EY's NYC office to meet 2 senior managers and 1 partner (hold on to that) on a lovely friday afternoon. My first 2 interviews with senior managers went smooth with usual questions on background and why I wanted to join EY. I was held up for 1 and 1/2 hour in a room before I found out the last interview with partner would be rescheduled. A manager came in to fill in for the partner who had to leave for some urgent client meeting. Had a normal 30 min conversation with the manager and left with a happy but a little disappointing experience, since I wanted to get over this never ending saga. 2 days later my optimistic joruney came to an end when I received an automated message stating the team didnt want to move forward with the process. I wish this whole thing had taken me 10 weeks instead of 10 months.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most challenging assignment in your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.