EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
    The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Questions

• CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Call from HR Recruiter for an interview at the NY Office. The interview consisted of a meeting with like 20 applicants and the Manager of HR Department explaining how the process would be. After the meeting we got assigned a Tax Senior Employee who was going to bring each applicant to the office of the interviewer, was a 1:1 with a PArtner and a Senior Manager, ending the day with a lunch in a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical Questions regarding Tax Issues. A bit difficult considering the entry level position.   Answer Question

Valuation Advisory Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I went through a referral from one of the partners at the firm for the New York office. I received the interview through a phone call. Prior to this, I had one of the campus recruiters tell me that my resume was more for banking and said that I should look else where. That was really unprofessional. Secondly, on the day of my initial interview, the interviewer did not show up. He also did not send me an email apologizing for missing the email. I had to email HR to let them know that he missed the interview. We then rescheduled the interview and he was totally not helpful what so ever. The interview did not go well, he did not even apologize for missing the prior date. After the interview , I waited patiently to hear back from EY. I did not even get a response from them. Sad organization and process overall. Would not recommend them.

Senior Consultant III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial Communication was with recruiter. We had generation conversation about qualification and experience and interests. Then a phone interview with Senior manager, then final round with 1 manager, 1 senior mgr, and 2 partners . HR also was available to describe the practice and answer questions.

Interview Questions

• No business case, just went deep into what I currently do and why would I want to work in consulting.   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program- Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

30 minute 1st Round Interview on Campus with an alumnus of my university. Was supposed to be largely behavioral, but once I started asking questions about the structured product he works with, it got more technical.

2nd Round- 3 interviews (2 behavioral, 1 case study) in office
    The 1st behavioral was with someone who had been at the comapny for 3 months, so that was an interesting perspective. He had a highly varied background before joining as a consultant. All behavioral and questions about myself/resume.

2nd Interview was a case study. It was formatted in a weird way. They gave us the case (3 pages, and no data whatsoever, just a story), and we read it, took notes and then roleplayed as consultant (me) and client (EY professional). Perhaps the case was weird, the interviewer was weird, or I wasn't getting it, but based on interviewer reactions and other student testimonials, it is not hard to do well

3rd Interview- Almost all fit questions about becoming a consultant. Much more consulting oriented than the finance focus that campus recruiters had pitched to us. Hardest interview, largely because I didn't know what to expect and interviewer was keen to dig at that.

Interview Questions

• 3rd Interview:

"So I have a client. And based on some new regulation, his compliance department has to start putting out [insert trade resolution document here]. But the people, led by their compliance officer, don't want to intergrate this into their process. So right now the lawyers and our team are prepping them to be compliant when the rule is phased in, but how do I fix this problem:"

2 Answers

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The recruiter was very positive and kept me in the loop the entire time. I had 3 rounds of interviews (usually there are only 2 but the partner wasn't available for the second round so I had a phone interview with a partner the 3rd round).

Negotiation

Fast and easy. We settled the salary negotiation within a day.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with three partners. Each interview lasted about 20 minutes. Some of the questions I was asked were: do you prefer to lead or follow, why would you like to work for Ernst & Young, why did you choose tax over audit/advisory.

Interview Questions

• What are of tax would you like to specialize in and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

They started of with 2 phone interviews then I was invited for an office interview with 3 Senior Managers and a Partner. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and general discussion about my resume. We spoke in great detail about the team what they do, and what they expect. The questions that were ask was more focused around getting a feel for if I would enjoy the position, what can I bring to the team and the vision of the group

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty solid. Don't expect to be a millionaire

FIDS Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed on-campus, after applying for the position through my university's career services department. The interviewer's technique seemed to be very cut and dry. I've participated in other interviews with the big four that seemed more like a conversation, but this one was not like that at all. The FIDS manager simply asked me questions in a very matter-of-fact manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Normal 1st round behavior questions and accepted for 2nd round. Recruiters are overall very friendly. In the 2nd round, the first recruiter went over my resume and asked my tones of behavioral questions; the second recruiter, I just has a great conversation with him.

Interview Questions

• No questions are unexpected, they are just behaviorals. But the amount of the questions is kinda suprised me.   Answer Question