EY

234 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Question – How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
Time you had to deal with a difficult person?
  Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Interview

IT Risk and Assurance
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had a meet and greet session with the employers during the career fair after which I got a call for a one on one interview. The interview was held on campus.

Interview Question – How is EY different from its competitors?   View Answer

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Question – Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call from EY recruiter. Had a first screening with a HR and one with a Sr. Manager and clearing that round in the same week, was sent to NY for interview. Had a discussion with a sr manager there and while discussing with the partner found that they send me for a different dept. to interview with...disappointing...
After 2 days got a call that they want to have further discussions. they scheduled 2 interviews/screenings with managers. It went pretty well, atleast thats what i thought.. Got a call from HR after 4 days that they loved to talk to me but my profile/experience does not match what they were looking for in the position....Shouldn't they be looking into my resume first if the profile is not what they are looking for and avoid wasting time.

Senior Interview

Senior
New York, NY

I interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – Apply for the job posting on AEA website and the first round interview is in AEA conference. meet two people in the team, a manager and a principal. They are especially nice and really did ask me too many questions but introduce their transfer pricing team. And after the interview I went to the dinner reception and met couple other ppl in the team as well as other candidates. I think the first round interview is mainly to test whether your personality fit in this team.

And then I was invited to on-site in NYC. The arrange of second round took me abt 1 month to go through. Just finish two days ago, met several other seniors, managers, principals. Also I did a presentation on my Phd job market paper. The interview seems went well.

Waiting for results. Cross fingers.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All easy to answer   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services Office - Performance Improvement - Asset Management Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The recruitment process was slow to start. In November I was contacted by a recuiter and after they took in my profile they didn't hear back from EY till January. Once the position came back in scope the process moved fast with two phone interviews that were followed by one morning round of interviews with Senior Managers and an Executive Manager.
Overall these were very nice people to work with, especially during the interviews. They really try to see if you're a good fit for their teams. It seems like an engaging culture to work in.

Interview Question – Be prepared to have to dive deep into your resume. They are looking for example of past experiences to determine how well you can explain it and relate it to the position they're looking to fill. Show how you can relate to potential client needs.
No business case was presented.
  Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had been in contact with the company for almost a year before my formal interview. It was an in-office interview I was offered after attending a national conference for college students at my preference location. No hotel stay included, however, all expenses were reimbursed by the firm. The interview was very straight forward. I hesitate to say it was easy. One case study on a basic potential M&A deal where I was asked to list areas of concern and what I would do. No "right" answer, just buzzwords were looked for to make sure I recognized the area was of importance for the client to consider in the deal. Two other behavioral interviews that were very standard. No brainteasers, test on current events etc..

Interview Question – What is consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have not tried, though I may consider it.

Advisory Senior Interview

Advisory Senior
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process took five months and was interrupted by long periods of silence. The recruiter was overstretched in his role and had too many other candidates to service so his attention on me felt very limited. The technical phone interview was the first stage, and it was a rushed 30-minute phone call with a partner. She seemed rushed and asked superficial questions, and this passed me on to the next stage. Next was an in-person interview with 3 people. I got an offer after the in-person interview. Those doing the interviews were not very experienced.

Interview Question – None. The questions were not difficult and there was no case interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the offer was higher than at other firms.

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a speed dating. 6 interviewers with 45 minutes each. They check for body language, knowledge and attitude

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was very bad. They didnt agree of my requirements.

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Pleasant round of interviews. Was not accepted mostly due to major.

Interview Question – They were all pretty run of the mill   Answer Question