EY

234 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – I have only started the first stage of the interview process. My phone interview was straight forward. Manager on the phone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview went well, the firm has been very engaged and communicative through out the process.

Interview Question – Why EY   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is supposedly offer on the table, appears to be a tussle with regards to disclosure of information. Why does EY need a candidate's W-2 information to make a competitive offer ? Is it because they are unable to value talent ( concerning as this is an advisory firm charging for valuations) or because they like to make low ball offers to candidates?
I am curious if others have been required to provide the same ?

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through school career service and got an on-campus interview weeks after. Invited to an E&Y Superday few days after the first interview, and the visit was scheduled at the 5 Time Square address. The Superday started with a overview of E&Y and the interviews were way easier than I thought, two 30-min sections with a partner and a senior manager. Both asked me to tell a story about myself. No behavioral question, no brain teaser, no group case, no writing sample. Nice lunch with an assurance staff and filled in an info sheet to close that day. Got a call from the recruiter two weeks later (horrible two weeks for me) and took me another two weeks to receive my offer letter in mail.

Interview Question – Tell me a story about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried but cannot

Accounting Interview

Accounting
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2008.

Interview Details – The one on one interview itself was everything I had been told to expect. It consisted of a lot of questions of my personality and experiences I had in the past. Most of them focused on group work and wanted to see how well I worked with others. The interviewer also described the job role thoroughly and wanted to make sure I had fully understood what position they were interviewing me for.

Overall it was a great interview and really what I had expected - personality and group experiences. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get an offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to make a hard decision in a group environment.   View Answer

Financial Services Office - IT Advisory Services Interview

Financial Services Office - IT Advisory Services
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2009.

Interview Details – The day began with a presentation and hour long discussion by one of the managing partners. After that, each candidate was matched up with a buddy to take them through the office / interviews for the day. The interviews weren't too bad, there was just a lot of stuff to do. 2 behavioral, 1 case + 1 essay.

Interview Question – Why is it important for an individual to be able to build meaningful relationships?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found out 3 minutes before other deadline

Information Technology Advisory Services Interview

Information Technology Advisory Services
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice lady to talk with, the interview went quite well compare to other big four I interviewed with. No tough questions, talked about the interviewer's personal life too and she was happy to share. I feel EY is a good firm to work for because all their people seem to be friendly.

Interview Question – describe a scenario where you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round was on campus with a recruiter. Four days later I got invited back for an office-visit (i.e. second round). I got nervous at first because everybody kept stressing "fit", "dedication", and "know what's going on in accounting". However, the actual interviews were pretty laid back. I had one with a manager and another with the partner.

The day started off with a presentation of E&Y Career as well as all the candidates introducing themselves. Then everyone was assigned to an escort who takes you to the interview location. After the interviews, you go to lunch with your escort and that pretty much concludes the day. I got a call the very next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a teamwork experience where you had to help out your teammates.   Answer Question
  • Describe a challenge you faced that required immediate reaction.   Answer Question

FSO Tax Interview

FSO Tax
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details – One on campus interview, second round interview in office.

People were great really friendly. Asked a few behavioral questions. Just be yourself and you'll do fine. Go prepared with insightful questions.

Interview Question – What would your friends say are most annoying about you?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Iselin, NJ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus and less than a week later I was invited for a second interview. Received offer the very next day. It was a very excellent experience. Loved every single person I met

Interview Question – Tell me about a leadership experience   Answer Question

Assurance Full-time Interview

Assurance Full-time
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details – one on one interview at the school, followed by a second round interview at the office. Day consisted of ice breakers with other prospective employees, followed by two, back to back, 30 min, one on one interviews with a partner and manager. Lunch with newly hired staff members and then an exit "interview" to confirm details. Great friendly people and great environment.

Interview Question – how well do you adapt to unpredictability?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY