EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

249 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Applied through my school and had an on-campus interview (1:1). Pretty standard behavioral interview, nothing fancy. Made it to 2nd round in NY and had two 1:1 interviews with a manager and partner. All very nice people. Still, only behaviorals. Went out to lunch with staff members and was treated to a sushi lunch (on their tab of course). Great day overall. Got the offer two days later and accepted.

Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in May 2011.

Received a call through E&Y's corporate recruiter and talked over the phone for 10 minutes. Then I was scheduled on call with a senior manager. One week later based on the positive feedback I was invited to 5 Times Square to meet with 2 other managers and the practice leader (partner level). The interview were pretty easy since no tough technical questions were involved.

Interview Questions
    • What are your major responsibilities on your current job?   Answer Question
    • Analyze the profitability of a commercial insurance company.   Answer Question
    Not much space for negotiation for this level.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

Tell me about your self
    Tell me about a time you work in a team and a team member did not want to participate

Business Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

First round interview was easy 1 on 1 with one person. Basically just talked about the resume and asked behavioral questions such as what is a time you failed and what did you do to fix it and what if a member in your team was not doing there work, how would you approach them. Then had to do a writing sample on my own. Didnt get the offer though

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you failed and what did you do to fix it   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

I have only started the first stage of the interview process. My phone interview was straight forward. Manager on the phone was very nice.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview went well, the firm has been very engaged and communicative through out the process.

Interview Questions
    There is supposedly offer on the table, appears to be a tussle with regards to disclosure of information. Why does EY need a candidate's W-2 information to make a competitive offer ? Is it because they are unable to value talent ( concerning as this is an advisory firm charging for valuations) or because they like to make low ball offers to candidates?
    I am curious if others have been required to provide the same ?

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Applied through school career service and got an on-campus interview weeks after. Invited to an E&Y Superday few days after the first interview, and the visit was scheduled at the 5 Time Square address. The Superday started with a overview of E&Y and the interviews were way easier than I thought, two 30-min sections with a partner and a senior manager. Both asked me to tell a story about myself. No behavioral question, no brain teaser, no group case, no writing sample. Nice lunch with an assurance staff and filled in an info sheet to close that day. Got a call from the recruiter two weeks later (horrible two weeks for me) and took me another two weeks to receive my offer letter in mail.

Tried but cannot

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2008.

The one on one interview itself was everything I had been told to expect. It consisted of a lot of questions of my personality and experiences I had in the past. Most of them focused on group work and wanted to see how well I worked with others. The interviewer also described the job role thoroughly and wanted to make sure I had fully understood what position they were interviewing me for.

Overall it was a great interview and really what I had expected - personality and group experiences. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to make a hard decision in a group environment.   View Answer

Financial Services Office - IT Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in November 2009.

The day began with a presentation and hour long discussion by one of the managing partners. After that, each candidate was matched up with a buddy to take them through the office / interviews for the day. The interviews weren't too bad, there was just a lot of stuff to do. 2 behavioral, 1 case + 1 essay.

Interview Questions
    • Why is it important for an individual to be able to build meaningful relationships?   Answer Question

Found out 3 minutes before other deadline