EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was called by a staffing agency for this position. After a long phone conversation with the staffing agency, I was told that about my phone interview with an E&Y personnel. Phone Interview: Interview was for about 30-40 minutes. Started with the basic questions in regards to my prior education and prior experience. The discussion then went into the projects that I have worked on and my role in each project. The interviewer allowed me to explain each project that was in my resume and would ask questions on them. Fairly easy questions based on the project itself. Once I cleared this interview, I was informed about the 1:1 interview with 4 employees from E&Y. The 4 interviewers held independent (different) positions and had questions based on their requirements. Initial process was same and I had to explain my background and skill sets along with the projects listed on the resume. Specific question were asked, but again they were based on my projects and experience. On clearing this process, I was interview 1:1 by a partner who was the leading the department where I was suppose to work. Questions were again about my background. The only difference was that the partner asked me more about the consulting industry and my preference for consulting. He wanted to make sure that I understand the expectations of being a consultant working at client locations. These were all the interviews that I gave. Unfortunately, the salary was a question mark and I didnt get through. I had a very positive experience and each of the interviewers were very respectful and gave great feedback to my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple expectations from multiple people while having a time crunch   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied through school career service and got an on-campus interview weeks after. Invited to an E&Y Superday few days after the first interview, and the visit was scheduled at the 5 Time Square address. The Superday started with a overview of E&Y and the interviews were way easier than I thought, two 30-min sections with a partner and a senior manager. Both asked me to tell a story about myself. No behavioral question, no brain teaser, no group case, no writing sample. Nice lunch with an assurance staff and filled in an info sheet to close that day. Got a call from the recruiter two weeks later (horrible two weeks for me) and took me another two weeks to receive my offer letter in mail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried but cannot

ITRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I had an interview through the ELP. It circumvented the first round and went straight to the super day. It was a behavioral interview (mine was with a partner) that was standard and then a case interview with a typed sheet to read the case.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview went well, the firm has been very engaged and communicative through out the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is supposedly offer on the table, appears to be a tussle with regards to disclosure of information. Why does EY need a candidate's W-2 information to make a competitive offer ? Is it because they are unable to value talent ( concerning as this is an advisory firm charging for valuations) or because they like to make low ball offers to candidates? I am curious if others have been required to provide the same ?

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Got the interview through an internal referral. First I got a phone interview with HR in which I was just told about EY and what I was looking for in terms of career. Very simple stuff and eventually an in-person interview was set up. The interview was in their NYC building and consisted of 4 interviews (Sr. manager, HR, Exec. Director, Sr. manager). The interview was all about fit and they just asked me to run me through my resume. The only question outside of my resume was about team work and a time I had trouble with working in a group and how I solved it. Two days later HR called me saying the interview went well and asked me to fill out background check information. 3 days later I got the offer from a call by HR. Overall, they were very nice and cordial in that they responded fast compared to many of the other companies I have interviewed for so far.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team you had a problem working with others and how you dealt with it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a standard base that they start everyone on

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

I was working overseas in another EY office. When one of my friends moved to the New York office I requested him to refer me to New York Office. The interview process was painstakingly long. I was interviewed over the course of some 45-50 days. In between the interviews and even after them, the communication was really bad. I was told after more than 2 months that they want to go ahead and hire me, but the lack of communication was not appreciated at my end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and background? Why do you want to move to New York office   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you are currently doing? What type of clients are you working on?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process at EY out of college is fairly simple. If you are there you are likely to get an offer in assurance. They are very meticulous about who they invite in for an interview so when they do pick you, you probably have an offer. The interviews are non technical and very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assurance Full-time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

one on one interview at the school, followed by a second round interview at the office. Day consisted of ice breakers with other prospective employees, followed by two, back to back, 30 min, one on one interviews with a partner and manager. Lunch with newly hired staff members and then an exit "interview" to confirm details. Great friendly people and great environment.

Business Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

First round interview was easy 1 on 1 with one person. Basically just talked about the resume and asked behavioral questions such as what is a time you failed and what did you do to fix it and what if a member in your team was not doing there work, how would you approach them. Then had to do a writing sample on my own. Didnt get the offer though

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you failed and what did you do to fix it   1 Answer

IT Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and went to Superday in October 2013. It was really easy, 1 case interview and 2 behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that out of the ordinary. They just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question