EY

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

2 rounds of behavioral questions - They actually talk about the culture in the office etc. Then a case interview on h/c

Interview Questions
  • The case is difficult as you the interviewer does not guide you through the process   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Two phone interviews
    In person interviews (3-4) all during one day.
    Two more phone interviews.

Hiring process intensive & repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Standard interview questions.
      Just need to have some good stories prepared.

Answer Question
    Poor if you're not negotiating with them directly. Do not use a recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2014.

The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Hiring and interview process is planned well.But it toook time for about 2 months to get all the formalities to complete.I had about 2 rounds of telephonic and 4 rounds of inperson interview.Inperson interview is very cool and it doesnt feel like interview.

Interview Questions
    • unexpected questions like if i am ready to take new opportunies outside my area of expertise.   Answer Question
    nothing.it went smooth.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

The first round is phone interview with HR. It was behavioral interview. First introduced yourself. And then I was required to tell more about the project that was relevant to the practice I applied in Ernst Young. At the end, I was asked questions about how I would act in a particular situation.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe because it was the first round, there was nothing unexpected.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Questions
    • How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
    The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Questions
    • CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

An external recruiter identified the opportunity and assisted in the recruitment process. An initial phone interview, then in-persons with multiple leaders. Fairly quick offer followed - easy conversational style of interviewers (one over lunch, one after work at a restaurant).

Interview Questions
    • Hired into a technical practice but had no technical training, I needed to respond to how my "generalist" skill set would drive value in the technical practice.   Answer Question
    Early in my career I negotiated more sign-on bonus and starting salary, but other offer details were appropriate.

Round 1: In-person interview
    Round 2: 4 interviews: 1 technical, 1 case, 1 writing, 1 behavioural

Interview Questions
    • Lot of focus on behavioral questions, soft skills, people skills   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview process was a bit scattered, but the day I met people - it was a breeze. The case study was fun

No, out of school hire