EY

Average Difficulty
82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is planned well.But it toook time for about 2 months to get all the formalities to complete.I had about 2 rounds of telephonic and 4 rounds of inperson interview.Inperson interview is very cool and it doesnt feel like interview.

Interview Question – unexpected questions like if i am ready to take new opportunies outside my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing.it went smooth.

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The first round is phone interview with HR. It was behavioral interview. First introduced yourself. And then I was required to tell more about the project that was relevant to the practice I applied in Ernst Young. At the end, I was asked questions about how I would act in a particular situation.

Interview Question – Maybe because it was the first round, there was nothing unexpected.   View Answers (3)

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a half day of in-person interviews. The in-person inteview was a series of 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – How would you handle large datasets   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. I tried to ask for more money since I thought the offer was low, but HR claimed the salary offered was their standard offer for my experience and education level.

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

Interview Details – The executive recruiter was really great, communicative, friendly, and thoroughly explained the entire recruiting/interviewing and hiring process.

From the time I first spoke to the recruiter to the time I had my initial interview (via phone), approximately 4-5 weeks had passed. The timing to schedule the interviews was a bit slow, until they learned of a competing offer I had on the table that required an immediate response. At that point, they acted very rapidly and went out of their way to schedule all interviews in a condensed timeline within a matter of days. The offer came to me very quickly after my interviews were completed and the recruiter was absolutely wonderful to work with.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to answer was where I saw myself positioned within the firm, in terms of roles and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very rapid - be honest and upfront about other offers you may have and what your salary expectations are. You may not get the ceiling you ask for, but they will work with you to find an offer that will satisfy you.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Question – How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Question – CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – An external recruiter identified the opportunity and assisted in the recruitment process. An initial phone interview, then in-persons with multiple leaders. Fairly quick offer followed - easy conversational style of interviewers (one over lunch, one after work at a restaurant).

Interview Question – Hired into a technical practice but had no technical training, I needed to respond to how my "generalist" skill set would drive value in the technical practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Early in my career I negotiated more sign-on bonus and starting salary, but other offer details were appropriate.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and went through one interview.

Interview Question – Was given a business case to identify a solution to a compliance problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Round 1: In-person interview
Round 2: 4 interviews: 1 technical, 1 case, 1 writing, 1 behavioural

Interview Question – Lot of focus on behavioral questions, soft skills, people skills   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – First over phone by HR person, then over phone by senior manager on experience, what I am looking for and some of the challenges faced. Then office interview with various managers. Based on my resume, various questions on ERM, process improvements, internal audits and controls.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question