EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Questions

• CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

An external recruiter identified the opportunity and assisted in the recruitment process. An initial phone interview, then in-persons with multiple leaders. Fairly quick offer followed - easy conversational style of interviewers (one over lunch, one after work at a restaurant).

Interview Questions

• Hired into a technical practice but had no technical training, I needed to respond to how my "generalist" skill set would drive value in the technical practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Early in my career I negotiated more sign-on bonus and starting salary, but other offer details were appropriate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Round 1: In-person interview
    Round 2: 4 interviews: 1 technical, 1 case, 1 writing, 1 behavioural

Interview Questions

• Lot of focus on behavioral questions, soft skills, people skills   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview process was a bit scattered, but the day I met people - it was a breeze. The case study was fun

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, out of school hire

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

two phone screen and one onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The entire hiring process was smooth, but a little longer than I expected (10 weeks). My resume was submitted by a recruiter for ITAS. After 2-3 weeks they scheduled a telephonic interview. It was a half an hour discussion about my experience, which projects I have worked on, why I want to join E&Y, etc. The guy on the phone liked me and straightaway told me he was forwarding my name for the next step. After a few weeks, they flew me to San fransisco for face to face interviews. This was 4 half an hour discussions with a manager, senior manager, executive director and a partner. The questions were mostly behavioral - why I want to leave current company, why E&Y, etc. The manager and senior manager asked me resume questions about my experience, my opinions about certain technologies, what approach I would take for certain problems, etc. The other two guys only had get to know you kind of conversations. Overall everybody was friendly and nice.
    In just two days I received their verbal confirmation that they were going to make an offer, but it took 6 weeks to actually get the offer letter (I suppose the delay was because it was end of the year time). All in all, very good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. But they offered me a different location that works out better for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

First over phone by HR person, then over phone by senior manager on experience, what I am looking for and some of the challenges faced. Then office interview with various managers. Based on my resume, various questions on ERM, process improvements, internal audits and controls.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Houston, TX).

Interview

Sent in resume for one position and was then told I was better for a different one by a recruiter. Interviewed for that position by phone. Was then flown to Houston and interviewed with four separate people from different levels of operation. Interviewers were cyber specialists and were unsure how to ask me questions for my expertise, which was more oriented to foreign policy threats.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult issue was that the interviewers were not yet sure how they wanted to create a department that integrated geopolitical risk with information security threats.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in July 2012.

Interview

My application was submitted through experienced hire recruiting by a referral who was my former senior manager. The entire process took about 3 months which surprised me since I interned at EY a few years ago and performed well enough to receive a full time offer years ago.

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which mainly consisted of questions about my work projects and interest in EY. Then four weeks later, I had a phone interview with a senior manager, which consisted of mainly behavioral questions. They called this a technical interview. Then after about two weeks from my second interview, I followed up with the recruiting team regarding next steps.

Once I did so, the recruiting team scheduled me to fly in for an office visit where I met with three advisory team members for 1:1 interviews. The 1:1 interviews mostly consisted of learning more about my past experiences, leadership characteristics and some of the changes at EY since I was employed there. There was also a mini case question where the manager was trying to understand my thought process. One of the interviewers did ask me why I did not have an EY partner recommendation. I did not realize that I would need one to come back, otherwise, I would have made sure to have one as a returning EY employee.

A few weeks later, I learned that I did not receive an offer. My advise to anyone returning to EY is to get a referral or recommendation from a partner. Mine was through a senior manager, which was not enough.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you get a partner recommendation?   1 Answer