EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2012.

The executive recruiter was really great, communicative, friendly, and thoroughly explained the entire recruiting/interviewing and hiring process.

From the time I first spoke to the recruiter to the time I had my initial interview (via phone), approximately 4-5 weeks had passed. The timing to schedule the interviews was a bit slow, until they learned of a competing offer I had on the table that required an immediate response. At that point, they acted very rapidly and went out of their way to schedule all interviews in a condensed timeline within a matter of days. The offer came to me very quickly after my interviews were completed and the recruiter was absolutely wonderful to work with.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question to answer was where I saw myself positioned within the firm, in terms of roles and responsibilities.   Answer Question
Very rapid - be honest and upfront about other offers you may have and what your salary expectations are. You may not get the ceiling you ask for, but they will work with you to find an offer that will satisfy you.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

They started of with 2 phone interviews then I was invited for an office interview with 3 Senior Managers and a Partner. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and general discussion about my resume. We spoke in great detail about the team what they do, and what they expect. The questions that were ask was more focused around getting a feel for if I would enjoy the position, what can I bring to the team and the vision of the group

Interview Questions
    The offer was pretty solid. Don't expect to be a millionaire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in December 2011.

Received a screening phone call from a recruiter, which lasted about 30 minutes and was a review of my resume and my new employment desires/expectations. I was contacted a couple of weeks later by another recruiter who wanted to arrange for an on-site interview in NYC. The company provided me transportation and lodging to the interviews. The interviews began at 9am and last for three hours. During that time, i had quick, 30 minute interviews with 2 partners, 2 senior managers, and someone from HR. Interviews basically consisted of my elevator speech, my previous education/employment history, and what I am looking for in employment. I was contacted a few days later with results and the news that they wished to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate; offer exceeded expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Questions
    There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2011.

Friendly and typical interview questions about your education and experience. One telephonic HR round and a super day with 4 back to back interviews with senior manager and partners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

1 Day with 4 interviews.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but should have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2011.

Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Questions
    • None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was non-existent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in February 2011.

I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Questions
    • I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question
    I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2011.

I was called by a staffing agency for this position. After a long phone conversation with the staffing agency, I was told that about my phone interview with an E&Y personnel.

Phone Interview: Interview was for about 30-40 minutes. Started with the basic questions in regards to my prior education and prior experience. The discussion then went into the projects that I have worked on and my role in each project. The interviewer allowed me to explain each project that was in my resume and would ask questions on them. Fairly easy questions based on the project itself.

Once I cleared this interview, I was informed about the 1:1 interview with 4 employees from E&Y. The 4 interviewers held independent (different) positions and had questions based on their requirements. Initial process was same and I had to explain my background and skill sets along with the projects listed on the resume. Specific question were asked, but again they were based on my projects and experience.

On clearing this process, I was interview 1:1 by a partner who was the leading the department where I was suppose to work. Questions were again about my background. The only difference was that the partner asked me more about the consulting industry and my preference for consulting. He wanted to make sure that I understand the expectations of being a consultant working at client locations.

These were all the interviews that I gave. Unfortunately, the salary was a question mark and I didnt get through. I had a very positive experience and each of the interviewers were very respectful and gave great feedback to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multiple expectations from multiple people while having a time crunch   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Very professional. Treated the interviewees very well.

Interview Questions
    • case interview on a pharma company whose accounting practices were all over the place   View Answer
    • Why E&Y   View Answer
    Did not need to negotiate. Salary was above average