EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Received a screening phone call from a recruiter, which lasted about 30 minutes and was a review of my resume and my new employment desires/expectations. I was contacted a couple of weeks later by another recruiter who wanted to arrange for an on-site interview in NYC. The company provided me transportation and lodging to the interviews. The interviews began at 9am and last for three hours. During that time, i had quick, 30 minute interviews with 2 partners, 2 senior managers, and someone from HR. Interviews basically consisted of my elevator speech, my previous education/employment history, and what I am looking for in employment. I was contacted a few days later with results and the news that they wished to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate; offer exceeded expectations.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview

Friendly and typical interview questions about your education and experience. One telephonic HR round and a super day with 4 back to back interviews with senior manager and partners.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

1 Day with 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but should have.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was non-existent.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Questions

• I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was called by a staffing agency for this position. After a long phone conversation with the staffing agency, I was told that about my phone interview with an E&Y personnel.

Phone Interview: Interview was for about 30-40 minutes. Started with the basic questions in regards to my prior education and prior experience. The discussion then went into the projects that I have worked on and my role in each project. The interviewer allowed me to explain each project that was in my resume and would ask questions on them. Fairly easy questions based on the project itself.

Once I cleared this interview, I was informed about the 1:1 interview with 4 employees from E&Y. The 4 interviewers held independent (different) positions and had questions based on their requirements. Initial process was same and I had to explain my background and skill sets along with the projects listed on the resume. Specific question were asked, but again they were based on my projects and experience.

On clearing this process, I was interview 1:1 by a partner who was the leading the department where I was suppose to work. Questions were again about my background. The only difference was that the partner asked me more about the consulting industry and my preference for consulting. He wanted to make sure that I understand the expectations of being a consultant working at client locations.

These were all the interviews that I gave. Unfortunately, the salary was a question mark and I didnt get through. I had a very positive experience and each of the interviewers were very respectful and gave great feedback to my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple expectations from multiple people while having a time crunch   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Very professional. Treated the interviewees very well.

Interview Questions

• case interview on a pharma company whose accounting practices were all over the place   1 Answer
    • Why E&Y   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate. Salary was above average

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was referred by an associate of mine and after completing the online application and I was immediately contacted by the internal recruiter. She set up an interview to talk to me about my background and skill set, and shortly thereafter, another phone interview was set up with a Sr. Manager to see if my experience fit with what the practice was looking for. Interview went very well and it took about another week to get the in-house interviews set up due to the schedules of the partners and managers. I was scheduled to complete three three 1:1 interviews that turned out to be mostly behavioral and fit with the firm. I did not know what to expect from the in person interviews so I studied the entire gamut of potential scenarios i.e. case studies, behavioral questions, personality tests, etc. Overall, the interviews went very smoothly and the interviewers were both cordial and knowledgeable. Throughout the process, there was a clear focus on people development which ultimately sold me on the firm. Those interviews were completed on a Friday I received an offer as a experienced hire the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What drives you to be who you are?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, tech screen by Senior Manager, one on one interviews with 4 parters/senior managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated a higher signing bonus which was actually used for relocation