EY

Average Difficulty
81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received a screening phone call from a recruiter, which lasted about 30 minutes and was a review of my resume and my new employment desires/expectations. I was contacted a couple of weeks later by another recruiter who wanted to arrange for an on-site interview in NYC. The company provided me transportation and lodging to the interviews. The interviews began at 9am and last for three hours. During that time, i had quick, 30 minute interviews with 2 partners, 2 senior managers, and someone from HR. Interviews basically consisted of my elevator speech, my previous education/employment history, and what I am looking for in employment. I was contacted a few days later with results and the news that they wished to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate; offer exceeded expectations.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by an associate of mine and after completing the online application and I was immediately contacted by the internal recruiter. She set up an interview to talk to me about my background and skill set, and shortly thereafter, another phone interview was set up with a Sr. Manager to see if my experience fit with what the practice was looking for. Interview went very well and it took about another week to get the in-house interviews set up due to the schedules of the partners and managers. I was scheduled to complete three three 1:1 interviews that turned out to be mostly behavioral and fit with the firm. I did not know what to expect from the in person interviews so I studied the entire gamut of potential scenarios i.e. case studies, behavioral questions, personality tests, etc. Overall, the interviews went very smoothly and the interviewers were both cordial and knowledgeable. Throughout the process, there was a clear focus on people development which ultimately sold me on the firm. Those interviews were completed on a Friday I received an offer as a experienced hire the following Monday.

Interview Question – What drives you to be who you are?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Question – I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen by HR, tech screen by Senior Manager, one on one interviews with 4 parters/senior managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a higher signing bonus which was actually used for relocation

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in June 2009.

Interview Details – Great positive experience with E&Y. I did not get the offer but was 1 of 2 finalists for the position

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional. Treated the interviewees very well.

Interview Questions

• case interview on a pharma company whose accounting practices were all over the place   View Answer
  • Why E&Y   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not need to negotiate. Salary was above average

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very detailed interview process, had 3 different interviews, required a background investigation after accepting offer, there was a lot of paperwork to fill out before starting. They set you up with a laptop bag before you start because you will be traveling. You cannot own stock of companies that E&Y does 1st level consulting with. You have no assigned cube/office because you travel, so what you bring to the office, you will usually take home.

Interview Question – How do you feel about travel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you feel your skills a good, negotiate. They will work with you. They also hire a ton of college grads.

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2008.

Interview Details – Detailed questions, including "what would you do in [this] situation" - knowledge of EY Service Lines and ''go-to-market' processes required

Interview Question – Favorite EY sub-service line   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourseld   View Answer

Senior Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Classical interview process: HR first, then 2 rounds with Senior Manager with business cases and finally one short interview with the Practice leader if everything fits in. At least 2 business cases to resolve with 5 to 10 minutes preapration before the interview.

Interview Question – What are your 3 weakenesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Almost no negociation because they were not open to it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY