EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview focuses on:
1>Why E&Y and why consulting domain
2>Why you - past, education
3>Why you in E&Y

Most questions are HR based and skills based. Lot of them are based on teaming, leadership and previous experience
Pay emphasis on culture, projects as well as industry analysis.
Be prepared for a case interview. Typically integration of 2 banks and technological, financial and cultural challenges.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you failed and explain the situation before and after?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were allowed as this was part of super day cum campus recruitment.
The offers for most people selected were same.
Usually negotiations are possible from role, title, and salary. They become accomdating if you have an offer from a competing big 4 firm.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was connected to Ernst & Young through a recruiter. Prior to interviewing them I was with PwC. I went through two rounds of interviews. During the first round I interviewed two managers and an HR representative. They took me through a classic behavioral interview. It felt more like they were trying to get to know me than it felt like I was being evaluated. The second round was with the group's lead partner.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have my CPA completed at the time, so the most difficult question for me to answer was why I hadn't taken the exam yet. The interview was behavioral, if you do research on behavioral interviews and practice you'll be fine. I would say the most difficult part was not so much the questions during my interview, but the number of interviews I had during that day. During the first round, be ready to interview three to four people in one day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was good. They wanted me aboard so they were willing to accommodate my requests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a half day of in-person interviews. The in-person inteview was a series of 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation. I tried to ask for more money since I thought the offer was low, but HR claimed the salary offered was their standard offer for my experience and education level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and went through one interview.

Interview Questions

• Was given a business case to identify a solution to a compliance problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

Great positive experience with E&Y. I did not get the offer but was 1 of 2 finalists for the position

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences and how these relate to the duties of this role at E&Y ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for E&Y?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2008.

Interview

Detailed questions, including "what would you do in [this] situation" - knowledge of EY Service Lines and ''go-to-market' processes required

Interview Questions

• Favorite EY sub-service line   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2008.

Interview

Very detailed interview process, had 3 different interviews, required a background investigation after accepting offer, there was a lot of paperwork to fill out before starting. They set you up with a laptop bag before you start because you will be traveling. You cannot own stock of companies that E&Y does 1st level consulting with. You have no assigned cube/office because you travel, so what you bring to the office, you will usually take home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you feel your skills a good, negotiate. They will work with you. They also hire a ton of college grads.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Two-staged interview after the initial phone interview with the recruiter. First was a part behavioural/discussion type PLUS part case study interview, the second was a behavioural interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• The behavioural interview with partner was very challenging.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was quite prolonged but they kept in good contact during the process. All administration was handled by a single point of contact, which made it very easy to follow and you knew who to contact with questions. All interviewers I met with were very kind and professional and felt like unexpectedly warm persons that were very down-to-earth and relaxed.
    Only negative experience was that I was asked to do a guesstimate, which feels strange as a senior hire.

Interview Questions

• If you got hired and you and me sat here together in 3 years time and your were very dissatisfied with how these 3 years would have gone; can you describe what happened and how they were?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

It took few weeks to get an interview. I had it with the two managers of the department. I did not have the impression that the two managers were well prepared and were not really interested in me as a person. It was a very technical interview and they mainly wanted to know what I like about their company. After that, they started with brainteaser.