EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Audit Interview

IT Audit
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1. On-campus interview. Difficult to get your foot in the door otherwise (so I hear from other friends who have tried).
2. Office visits/ 2nd interview. Gives you a good feel for the office environment, staff members, culture, etc.
3. Offer

Interview Question – What two traits demonstrate leadership? How have you demonstrated these traits?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other job offer from a firm that fit with me over EY.

Audit Senior Interview

Audit Senior
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process began after initial contact with a brief phone call with the recruiter. Some initial questions were asked to clarify my experience and knowledge. A few weeks later I had a phone interview with a partner from the recruiting office. A few weeks after that I went in for an office visit. Questions ranged from general inquiries into my past experience to reasons for wanting to leave my current firm. The feel of the office was very good, everyone was 'real' and approachable. I identified with them more than other big4 offices I had visited.

Interview Question – Would you prefer to come on with a lot of responsibility and a very steep learning curve or less responsibility with more time to learn the ropes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter made oral offer via phone, very low pressure. I was offered time to consider, although I opted to accept immediately.

Intern Interview

Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was great. Everyone was extremely friendly from the partners down to the staff. The office really does have a tight knit feel and that was a huge attraction for me.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life where you didn't live up to your expectations?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example where you worked as a team member to solve a difficult problem or reach a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For interns, they pay salary, so negotiations aren't really needed unless you feel like you could get a substantial amount more at another office

IT Audit Staff Interview

IT Audit Staff
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details – First they had a campus interview. This was behavior based with the office manager. Then they had an in office interview. This consisted of two behavior based interviews - one with a senior manager and the other with a partner. Then they had a case interview that was fairly difficult. Then they had a 45 minute essay write up.

Interview Question – What was the hardest challenge you've had over your school and work life?   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!