EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details – University hiring is easy. If you get a 3.3+ in Accounting major and are a sociable person that can carry on a conversation with professional mannerisms you will get an interview. These firms are throwing out internships and jobs like candy to those with good grades and social skills.

Interview Question – What are your two greatest strengths and two greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Take or leave it straight out of college.

Associate Interview

Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – They found me via an application I submitted from an ad I found on Craig's List. At the time, I had no idea they had this type of position available. They have a whole internal team for each office of creative types - but just be realistic - creative in a corporate environment means a lot of copying and pasting and doing what you're told.

Interview Question – What is the type of work you think you would do best at EY?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a fairly high market salary. I countered with a much higher number and they met it.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was non-existent.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Three interviews. One partner and two senior managers. Mix of behavioral based questions with general conversation. Lunch with a couple staff members.

Interview Question – How would you respond if one of your coworkers wasn't pulling their load with a project?   Answer Question

FSO Assurance Staff Interview

FSO Assurance Staff
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied to this job online and heard back from the recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview for me, with one of the managers. The interview was mostly behavioral, the manager mostly asked me about why I wanted this position and how it relates to my personal interests and goals. He also asked me about my past work experiences as well as experiences in school (basically stuff from my resume).

About 3-5 days after the phone interview, I heard back from the recruiter, who said I advanced to second round interviews and they would fly me to their office location. They paid for flight, hotel, and compensated for taxi fare and any other charges incurred.

About 3 days prior to the interview, I got an email asking me to complete a writing assessment. It asked me what qualities I had that lets me be a good team player, and gave me 45 min to write a one page essay. It was a very easy prompt, I finished just on time.

For the in person interviews, all the candidates had 3 interviews, lasting 45 minutes each. One was a case, and two were behavioral. I was interviewed by one partner, and two managers (I think). One of the managers gave me the case...it was very conversational, it was almost as if we were working on the case together. She gave me 15 minutes to read the case and then asked me some questions about the case. She was very friendly and told me not to be nervous about it. My interview with the partner was such a positive experience--it really made me want to work for EY even more. It was very fun to talk to him, nothing nerve-racking about it at all--he was super super friendly and a very good conversationalist. About 2 days after my interview, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they wanted to extend me the full time position!

Interview Question – What are ways, in a M&A, that we can protect customer privacy? (Case interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the recruiter basically just told me what they were offering me. I assume the salary was standard.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview Details – All behavioral questions. Fairly casual. They asked me lot of questions based of my resume, experience and leadership experience on campus. I interviewed with 3 different people, two partners and one senior manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too surprising   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – There were a few phases. It started with basic campus recruiting and transitioned into on-campus interviews. Mostly behavioral type questions. Following that, there were more recruiting events to get to know the current employees. Fairly involved, but helpful process. Mentally prepare yourself for lots of mingling whether you like it or not. Following that, there was a day of in-office interviews (3) with a partner, associate, and manager.

Interview Question – The questions were 95% behavioral and the interviewing styles were nothing "grilling" or intimidating. The only "awkward" instance for me was when the partner interviewed me. He didn't say a word when I walked in, so I started the conversation and asked him about his career and what he enjoyed doing with his free time. I actually had a nice conversation with him about his career and the accounting world. He called me that night to give me my offer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Upon reflection, I decided I did not want to work in the accounting world. I needed to do something more creative - accounting can be creative, but not in a good way.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very pleasant on-campus interview and office visit experiences. The HR ladies were very helpful and friendly. The interviews with managers and partners mainly focused on behavioral questions, not much technical questions. The Company organized pre-night happy hour and lunches for all the interviewers, which was very nice. Nice office. Very good experience overall.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was standard for all entry-level staffs and matched the market. So there wasn't much negotiation.

Staff Interview

Staff
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met them on campus, signed up for an on-campus interview. 45 minute interview, 15 on background, 15 behavioral, 15 Q&A.

On-site was conversational interviews, pre-social dinner, and case study.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to make a decision that you were not fully knowledgeable on the topic?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview with a senior manager and then an in house day being interviewed by three more senior managers.

Interview Question – They mostly focused on conversational topics and not your typical "put you on the spot" interview questions. I was however, asked about my experiences with teamwork.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!