EY

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Has a very well structured interview process. Multiple people interviewing to take a final decision

Interview Question – What was the recent most challenging situation you faced ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was more about money and title

DSG Tax Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through school's website, after a few weeks a recruiter contacted me and conducted a first round interview. After the first round interview, an email was sent inviting us to their office where the second round interview was held. The interviewees includes both grad and undergrad students from multiple different schools. I arrived a bit late but the process is your host comes to greet you and introduce you to your interviewers. The interviews were with 3 different EY employees, Manager and up. Afterward your host took you out to lunch and you say your goodbyes.

Interview Question – There are many people interviewing right now, why should we choose you?
Tell me a scenario where you disagree with a group member
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary, happy with offer.

Audit Summer Inter Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one with a partner, one with a senior manager and then a senior associate.
Asked me why audit, why EY, why study at my university, etc.

Interview Question – do you have any other interviews?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit Senior Manager Interview

Audit Senior Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – Discussions on nature of clients, GAAP/ GAAS experience

Interview Question – Nothing in specific   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Audit Associate Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I initially interacted with EY at my college's Meet the Firms night and was honestly really taken with the people I talked to - none of the other firms could even compare with how much I connected with EY in that first interaction. This was my first contact with the firms in my area and EY just blew me away with the warmth and friendliness of their employees.

Following MTF night, I applied through my college campus and directly on EY's website. A few days later I was contacted via email and invited for a first round on-campus interview. I was pretty nervous for my OCI because it was my second OCI ever. (My first was with KPMG two days earlier, which had left me with an unfavorable impression of said firm.)

I had worked hard to prepare myself for as many behavioral questions as possible but the truth was that my interview felt more like a friendly conversation than someone grilling me with questions from a pre-determined list. It honestly felt like my interviewer was truly interested in getting to know who I was and my background rather than to see how I could fail to answer a question.

I felt that I had a great OCI and that I really connected with my interviewer. Sure enough, a week later, my interviewer called me and invited me to the second round in-house interview as well as the dinner social the night before.

The dinner social was fantastic as we had about a 1:1 ratio of applicants to current employees. I had a great time talking to the professionals about their work and getting to know people that might potentially be starting at the same time as me. Needless to say, the dinner social really relaxed me for the following day.

The actual in-house interview went by so quickly. It started in the morning with a presentation about EY, three back-to-back one-on-one interviews, and then lunch. I had such an amazing time getting to know EY and the people that worked there throughout the day. The interviews themselves were very casual and once again, I felt like I connected with each of them as our conversations continued. I honestly could see myself working at EY as each interviewed finished. I definitely did not feel this way with any other firm.

The very next day, I received the phone call and got the offer. The whole process took a month from Meet the Firms night and I could not be happier that I will be working for EY next fall.

(I know that this was extremely wordy and probably too long for a website like glassdoor.com but I do want people to know that there is more to EY than just the Big 4 label. They truly care and I'm not saying this for any other reason than the fact that I felt it every step of the way as I went through the interview process. Or maybe I was just lucky because I was fortunate enough to find that perfect fit in a firm.)

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. (honestly, none of my interviewers asked anything out of the ordinary and their questions were geared more to know who I was rather than tricky situational/behavioral questions that might be tougher to answer)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate because I had an offer from another firm that had the identical starting salary and EY was always my first choice.

Advisory Staff Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview with a Manager or Senior Manager
1 Interview with a Partner
1 Case Study

Interview Question – The only difficult part was the case study. The Partner just wanted to chat with me.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I applied through the university, and went through about four interviews. One on campus, then three back to back interviews at the office. No one it interrogative - they want to know about you. They ask general questions, most of which you can find online but they like hearing experiences and examples.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus with HR recruiter. She just asked basic questions about my resume, background, etc. Got a call the next day to interview in the office.

Office interview consisted of 3 interviews with partners and managers. Each one was about 45 minutes to an hour. They were also pretty basic; mostly questions about my resume, my career goals, and how I interact with people.

After the 3 office interviews, there was a lunch with a few of the lower level associates and a few other intern candidates.

Interview Question – Talk about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult teammate/co-worker. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Phone interview with someone from New York. No chance at salary negotiation. Said I lied on my background check. Other companies were internal staffing agencies. Said I lied. Worse person I had ever spoken to in an HR department.

Interview Question – Why E&Y   Answer Question

Technical Support Consultant Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Question – No questions. Just question of my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on Salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.