EY

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Has a very well structured interview process. Multiple people interviewing to take a final decision

Interview Questions
    • What was the recent most challenging situation you faced ?   View Answer
    Negotiation was more about money and title

DSG Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in April 2014.

Applied through school's website, after a few weeks a recruiter contacted me and conducted a first round interview. After the first round interview, an email was sent inviting us to their office where the second round interview was held. The interviewees includes both grad and undergrad students from multiple different schools. I arrived a bit late but the process is your host comes to greet you and introduce you to your interviewers. The interviews were with 3 different EY employees, Manager and up. Afterward your host took you out to lunch and you say your goodbyes.

Interview Questions
    • There are many people interviewing right now, why should we choose you?
      Tell me a scenario where you disagree with a group member
        Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary, happy with offer.

Audit Summer Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

3 interviews, one with a partner, one with a senior manager and then a senior associate.
    Asked me why audit, why EY, why study at my university, etc.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

I initially interacted with EY at my college's Meet the Firms night and was honestly really taken with the people I talked to - none of the other firms could even compare with how much I connected with EY in that first interaction. This was my first contact with the firms in my area and EY just blew me away with the warmth and friendliness of their employees.

Following MTF night, I applied through my college campus and directly on EY's website. A few days later I was contacted via email and invited for a first round on-campus interview. I was pretty nervous for my OCI because it was my second OCI ever. (My first was with KPMG two days earlier, which had left me with an unfavorable impression of said firm.)

I had worked hard to prepare myself for as many behavioral questions as possible but the truth was that my interview felt more like a friendly conversation than someone grilling me with questions from a pre-determined list. It honestly felt like my interviewer was truly interested in getting to know who I was and my background rather than to see how I could fail to answer a question.

I felt that I had a great OCI and that I really connected with my interviewer. Sure enough, a week later, my interviewer called me and invited me to the second round in-house interview as well as the dinner social the night before.

The dinner social was fantastic as we had about a 1:1 ratio of applicants to current employees. I had a great time talking to the professionals about their work and getting to know people that might potentially be starting at the same time as me. Needless to say, the dinner social really relaxed me for the following day.

The actual in-house interview went by so quickly. It started in the morning with a presentation about EY, three back-to-back one-on-one interviews, and then lunch. I had such an amazing time getting to know EY and the people that worked there throughout the day. The interviews themselves were very casual and once again, I felt like I connected with each of them as our conversations continued. I honestly could see myself working at EY as each interviewed finished. I definitely did not feel this way with any other firm.

The very next day, I received the phone call and got the offer. The whole process took a month from Meet the Firms night and I could not be happier that I will be working for EY next fall.

(I know that this was extremely wordy and probably too long for a website like glassdoor.com but I do want people to know that there is more to EY than just the Big 4 label. They truly care and I'm not saying this for any other reason than the fact that I felt it every step of the way as I went through the interview process. Or maybe I was just lucky because I was fortunate enough to find that perfect fit in a firm.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. (honestly, none of my interviewers asked anything out of the ordinary and their questions were geared more to know who I was rather than tricky situational/behavioral questions that might be tougher to answer)   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate because I had an offer from another firm that had the identical starting salary and EY was always my first choice.

Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

On campus interview, got a call back the next day for on-site interview. On-site interview was much like on-campus interview where they try to judge if you are someone that fits into the company culture/work ethic. Directly after the on-site interview, they gave me an offer. Process was very straightforward.

Audit Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2013.

Discussions on nature of clients, GAAP/ GAAS experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY.

I applied through the university, and went through about four interviews. One on campus, then three back to back interviews at the office. No one it interrogative - they want to know about you. They ask general questions, most of which you can find online but they like hearing experiences and examples.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Phone interview with someone from New York. No chance at salary negotiation. Said I lied on my background check. Other companies were internal staffing agencies. Said I lied. Worse person I had ever spoken to in an HR department.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on Salary.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

The process started with an application for the OCI and a first interview on campus. One week later my interviewer call me back and offered me to "meet some people" in their office. 3 dates were available and I thought: "Sooner the better". Few days later I received an e-mail confirmation for this second round in their office + an invitation for a social event the evening before! The social was really fun. It was the opportunity to meet with all candidates & people with different level. The 3 office interviews: easy discussions. Come with questions and think outside the box! 10 days after the office visit I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The OCI was formal: Tell me about yourself? Why Tax? How do you handle pressure at work give me an example? How did you manage a situation where you did not agree with someone? The office interviews were an opportunity to discuss about what you want to know and what you're interested in.   View Answer
    The offer totally met my expectations. I got one similar offer from another Big but did not try to negotiate as EY was my first choice anyway. It made all the difference through the overall process: HR team was proactive and very professional! I was definitely impressed by the organization and the outstanding quality of the recruiting process! Finally all the people I met with made me eager to join them. Good luck!