EY

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.1

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

3 stage interview process: Telephone interview with one person from the department, in person interview with several members of the department, and an in person interview with the head of the department. Entire process took a while, but everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

First question was somewhat challenging because it was hard to differentiate among the big 4. They are all pretty similar.

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Senior Associate Interview

Professional and courteous. Very quick communication. Did not end up accepting employment at the company, but I do wish them the best. Very respected in the industry. If a more relevant job comes up in the future, I will certainly take a look at it.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY in July 2014.

Phone interview process is very smooth and then invited for super day. The first technical interviewer came up with very detailed question about sth. I might have done 5 years ago and I didn't put anything in my resume that I did that kind of project. He just assumed that I should know that because I worked in the group. And it is just a senior associate position. Why did he expect I know sth. a manager or senior manager should know? Other interviewers are ok.

Interview Questions
    • HJM model details, how to calibrate the parameters, analytic form of swaption price.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Referred by a family friend. Got the call from HR 2 days after. Phone Interview for 10 mins to check past experience. Went through the key responsibilities of my previous job. Scheduled on-site interview after the phone call. Asked about CPA exams and qulifications. Face to face interview after about 2 weeks of phone interview.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

CAS hires differently than the rest of TAS or EY. Very Ivy-league (or top 15 college) driven. Tries to poach students / professionals from the MBB strategy consulting firms. Thus, the interviews will definitely have a case interview portion and also behavioral questions. For experienced professionals, first interview will be with an HR person. Second round will be at an EY office with 4+ manager and above team members. Third round will be with a few partners.

Interview Questions
    Ask for a signing bonus, sometimes may not be provided if not asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2013.

I submitted my resume to the position through a headhunter for this position.Interviews were phone based, two office visits and got interviewed by 6 senior managers, partners, director. Director was arrogant and not very professional. Recruiter told me he wanted to give me an offer but kept pushing the dates.

Interview Questions
    • Director asked me to take a different seat for no reason, while I was waiting for the next interviewer to come in.   Answer Question

The recruiter kept postponing about what the offer is going to be. I was very much employed, and was not desperate. Meanwhile I got another offer and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY in April 2012.

HR contacted me and performed a first level screening interview over the phone. After that I had two 45 minute phone interviews with Senior Managers. Questions focused on my professional experience, with some behavioral questions and hypothetical questions. A few questions were directly aimed at structured methodologies I had used in the past.

Interview Questions
    • You've just been handed a lead from the accounting practice, how would you handle the first meeting being engaged as a M&A consultant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in December 2011.

Interview consists of experience, behavioral and motivational questions. Most questions are easy and standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY in December 2011.

One day I got a call from an HR and she asked me about me about my background and whether I was interested in E&Y - TAS. The call lasted for around 30 minute.

After that, I received a case study from a recruiting director. By this case study, they wanted to check my accounting and finance knowledge, and my analytical skills. I nailed the the case study and exceeded their expectations.

Finally, I was invited to E&Y Times Square office in NYC for the final round. The final round consisted of four one-on-one interviews. These four interviews was conducted by 2 seniors managers, the recruiting director and a partner. All of these interviews were behavioral. I think, they were checking my communication skills and fit. I wasn't asked a single technical question.

This process took only 4 working days.