EY Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.1

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

3 stage interview process: Telephone interview with one person from the department, in person interview with several members of the department, and an in person interview with the head of the department. Entire process took a while, but everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

First question was somewhat challenging because it was hard to differentiate among the big 4. They are all pretty similar.

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

It takes one on campus interview and one onsite interview. First round on campus interview is basically about the research and one simple brain teaser. On site interview with 4 manager level people. All about basic quant knowledge, statistics. The Job is for QAS office in New York locations and client based works. Most of the clients are CB and IBs.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Professional and courteous. Very quick communication. Did not end up accepting employment at the company, but I do wish them the best. Very respected in the industry. If a more relevant job comes up in the future, I will certainly take a look at it.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview process is very smooth and then invited for super day. The first technical interviewer came up with very detailed question about sth. I might have done 5 years ago and I didn't put anything in my resume that I did that kind of project. He just assumed that I should know that because I worked in the group. And it is just a senior associate position. Why did he expect I know sth. a manager or senior manager should know? Other interviewers are ok.

Interview Questions

• HJM model details, how to calibrate the parameters, analytic form of swaption price.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Referred by a family friend. Got the call from HR 2 days after. Phone Interview for 10 mins to check past experience. Went through the key responsibilities of my previous job. Scheduled on-site interview after the phone call. Asked about CPA exams and qulifications. Face to face interview after about 2 weeks of phone interview.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

CAS hires differently than the rest of TAS or EY. Very Ivy-league (or top 15 college) driven. Tries to poach students / professionals from the MBB strategy consulting firms. Thus, the interviews will definitely have a case interview portion and also behavioral questions. For experienced professionals, first interview will be with an HR person. Second round will be at an EY office with 4+ manager and above team members. Third round will be with a few partners.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for a signing bonus, sometimes may not be provided if not asked for

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the position through a headhunter for this position.Interviews were phone based, two office visits and got interviewed by 6 senior managers, partners, director. Director was arrogant and not very professional. Recruiter told me he wanted to give me an offer but kept pushing the dates.

Interview Questions

• Director asked me to take a different seat for no reason, while I was waiting for the next interviewer to come in.   Answer Question

The recruiter kept postponing about what the offer is going to be. I was very much employed, and was not desperate. Meanwhile I got another offer and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me and performed a first level screening interview over the phone. After that I had two 45 minute phone interviews with Senior Managers. Questions focused on my professional experience, with some behavioral questions and hypothetical questions. A few questions were directly aimed at structured methodologies I had used in the past.

Interview Questions

• You've just been handed a lead from the accounting practice, how would you handle the first meeting being engaged as a M&A consultant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview consists of experience, behavioral and motivational questions. Most questions are easy and standard.

Negotiation