EY

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to the position through a headhunter for this position.Interviews were phone based, two office visits and got interviewed by 6 senior managers, partners, director. Director was arrogant and not very professional. Recruiter told me he wanted to give me an offer but kept pushing the dates.

Interview Question – Director asked me to take a different seat for no reason, while I was waiting for the next interviewer to come in.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The recruiter kept postponing about what the offer is going to be. I was very much employed, and was not desperate. Meanwhile I got another offer and accepted.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in December 2010.

Interview Details – multiple interviews with senior managers, managers and partners within the practice that i was interviewing with. was a long [process that lasted 3 months and had to make multiple trips to new york. accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation room.

New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at EY in December 2011.

Interview Details – One day I got a call from an HR and she asked me about me about my background and whether I was interested in E&Y - TAS. The call lasted for around 30 minute.

After that, I received a case study from a recruiting director. By this case study, they wanted to check my accounting and finance knowledge, and my analytical skills. I nailed the the case study and exceeded their expectations.

Finally, I was invited to E&Y Times Square office in NYC for the final round. The final round consisted of four one-on-one interviews. These four interviews was conducted by 2 seniors managers, the recruiting director and a partner. All of these interviews were behavioral. I think, they were checking my communication skills and fit. I wasn't asked a single technical question.

This process took only 4 working days.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consists of experience, behavioral and motivational questions. Most questions are easy and standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was on campus interview for senior associate risk position. I was asked following questions:
1. Tell me something about yourself
2. Describe a time when situation was going out of your control and you could manage at the last moment.
3. Describe a time when situation was going out of your control and you could not manage it.
4. What is the most challenging work you did
5. Tell me about a bad decision you have taken
6. How would you be helpful for risk advisory services at EY
7. Lots of question on my resume
8. Couple of questions on Basel, Economy, and Dodd Frank act

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Senior Associate interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.