EY

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2010.

Experience with the recruiter out of NYC was less than desirable although she did ensure that the process moved along quickly. I had two telephone screenings with her, the second seemed to be a repeat of the first phone screening.

Telephone interview with a Managing Director that concentrated on default management. He was very open and asked a little about my background. Interview was simple. He cussed four times during the call which was entertaining. I later met him at a conference. What he was like on the call was exactly like he was in person.

Final interviews came during a 'Super Day'. They bring you in to meet four people: manager, senior manager, partner and recruiter (same one from above- who asked the same questions again from the phone screenings). Interviews were fairly easy. Most of the questions were about my background or the economy, minimal technical questions- not all that challenging.

At the conclusion of your 'Super Day', the final interviewer left. Nobody returned to say thanks, walk me out or anything. I waited a half hour and eventually left since the Admins said that the interviewers were in other meetings or at lunch.

Interview Questions
  • The manager (no Sr Manager) began asking questions before I even had an opportunity to sit in the conference room. He asked about my thoughts around housing crisis; the banks roles in it, the borrowers roles...

The senior manager (now Director) asked a lot of mortgage underwriting questions (my background). After 20 minutes of underwriting questions, he explained that he wanted to buy a vacation home and that he wanted to know how underwriters would evaluate him. He indicated that the explanation was important as I would be client facing and he wanted to know that I was comfortable explaining ideas.
      Answer Question
Recruiter made the offer over the phone and allowed me to pick which city I would relocate: Charlotte, Dallas or DC.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in December 2009.

1. An initial round of telephonic interview to discuss the current experience and interest in the job
    2. A detailed interview round with the Manager or Senior Manager about the job experience
    3. HR round to decide his or her aptitude and discuss aspects like location preference, expected CTC etc.
    4. Final round with the partner of the team.

Interview Questions
    • The discussions are very deep about the topics mentioned in the resume. It is expected to know the details properly from their resume.   Answer Question
    It was a campus recruitment.