EY

EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed for the position at Enterprise Intelligence within the Financial Services Office, New York. The first round was phone interview with a senior manager. It was pretty straight forward and pleasant. More of conversational, went on for half an hour. I was then shortlisted to appear for their in person interview round called EY SUPERDAY in New York. The interview started at 10:30 am and ended 12:30 pm. There were 4 in person interviews for 30 mins each - 2 managers, 1 Senior Manager and 1 Recruiter. All of them were mostly behavioral and situation based - tell us about your experience, why EY, how would you handle a difficult boss, how do you work in teams etc. Overall, the experience was pleasant and I was satisfied the way I performed.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY.

Hiring process was fast and recruiter was available to contact and talk for any questions.
    First round with Senior Manager.
    then 4 face o face technical interviews with Senior managers.
    Last interview with partner.
    After that phone interview with HR to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was mostly behavioral. No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question
    they do not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Got an on campus interview then a super day which lasted half a day at the New York office. Super day had a writing section, couple of behavior interviews and a case interview. The process was not too bad

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

First round-phone interview, then interviewed by one manager and one partner in the super day. In general, I was asked by behavior questions. The questions are similar to other Big four or consulting firm questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

EY flew me in to meet the FSO practice I was interviewing for. They had several group introductions with Senior Managers and Partners. I interviewed with 4 people; an internal recruiter from HR, a manager, senior manager, and a partner/principal. They asked basic questions like, "Walk me through your resume," "Tell me about yourself," "Why consulting or what experience do you have in consulting or client services." All of the interviews were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had ever worked for someone younger than me and how would I handle working for someone younger than me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Typical process. First HR interview and then technical phone interview. They did not inform me that the second interview would be technical though. Then 3 on site interviews with managers and senior managers. Each 40 minutes and varied in technical questions. I figured these would be more behavorial but were not. I also had to write a case study which was online and timed. It wasn't difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students. school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students.school interview for the process improvement team. They're not looking for international students.

Interview Questions
    • regular interview, no international students   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I was referred by a friend.It took just 2 weeks from the time the Resume was submitted and I got a call from HR. Total 3 Interviews.
    1: Scheduled a preliminary round with HR.
    2: Phone Interview with Senior Consultant ( bcoz manager was not available)
    3: 45 minutes each on site interview with Sr. Manager, Partner and Manager.

They all gave a background of EY work structure, FSO, Risk Management and their experience in EY so far. It was more like a discussion than an interview.
    Basic behavioral, project based and some conceptual questions like What is CFPB Reporting etc..

Very good overall Experience, professional enviornment and structured process. HR was very supporting in the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most Unexpected: Which areas are you interested in ( Operational Risk, Regulatory or Compliance) working towards? Basically, they were trying to gauge where would I like to enhance my professional skills and where could they leverage my experience in.
      No difficult questions.
      Give an example of a project which involved performance improvement?
      Challenging project?
      What was your role in it ?

- Tips : Follow the STAR format while answering behavioral questions.
      Read your resume thoroughly.
      Be confident

Answer Question
    Relocation and Base.

Senior Consultant Interview

Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Firm. No negotiation.