EY

Average Difficulty
82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions and probing questions about your background. Case interviews are only for new hires, but experienced hires don't get any cases. First round was a phone screening interview with the recruiter, second round was a phone screening with HR, and the final round was on site and was 4 - 45 minute sessions with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – None that stood out, but they like to ask you to explain your actions a lot in so much detail that you can't go any further.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was non-existent.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – Not really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Firm. No negotiation.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Interview Question – M&A Focused questions   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Very smooth

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Question – You have three sentances: Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Question – It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1 Day with 4 interviews.

Interview Question – There were't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but should have.

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of behavioral questions - They actually talk about the culture in the office etc. Then a case interview on h/c

Interview Question – The case is difficult as you the interviewer does not guide you through the process   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews
In person interviews (3-4) all during one day.
Two more phone interviews.

Hiring process intensive & repetitive.

Interview Question – None really. Standard interview questions.
Just need to have some good stories prepared.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Poor if you're not negotiating with them directly. Do not use a recruiter.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!