EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I was referred by a friend.It took just 2 weeks from the time the Resume was submitted and I got a call from HR. Total 3 Interviews.
1: Scheduled a preliminary round with HR.
2: Phone Interview with Senior Consultant ( bcoz manager was not available)
3: 45 minutes each on site interview with Sr. Manager, Partner and Manager.

They all gave a background of EY work structure, FSO, Risk Management and their experience in EY so far. It was more like a discussion than an interview.
Basic behavioral, project based and some conceptual questions like What is CFPB Reporting etc..

Very good overall Experience, professional enviornment and structured process. HR was very supporting in the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Most Unexpected: Which areas are you interested in ( Operational Risk, Regulatory or Compliance) working towards? Basically, they were trying to gauge where would I like to enhance my professional skills and where could they leverage my experience in.
    No difficult questions.
    Give an example of a project which involved performance improvement?
    Challenging project?
    What was your role in it ?

- Tips : Follow the STAR format while answering behavioral questions.
    Read your resume thoroughly.
    Be confident
      Answer Question
Relocation and Base.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Firm. No negotiation.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Very smooth

Interview Questions

There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

2 rounds of behavioral questions - They actually talk about the culture in the office etc. Then a case interview on h/c

Interview Questions
    • The case is difficult as you the interviewer does not guide you through the process   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Two phone interviews
    In person interviews (3-4) all during one day.
    Two more phone interviews.

Hiring process intensive & repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Standard interview questions.
      Just need to have some good stories prepared.
        Answer Question
    Poor if you're not negotiating with them directly. Do not use a recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2014.

The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Hiring and interview process is planned well.But it toook time for about 2 months to get all the formalities to complete.I had about 2 rounds of telephonic and 4 rounds of inperson interview.Inperson interview is very cool and it doesnt feel like interview.

Interview Questions
    • unexpected questions like if i am ready to take new opportunies outside my area of expertise.   Answer Question
    nothing.it went smooth.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

The first round is phone interview with HR. It was behavioral interview. First introduced yourself. And then I was required to tell more about the project that was relevant to the practice I applied in Ernst Young. At the end, I was asked questions about how I would act in a particular situation.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe because it was the first round, there was nothing unexpected.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Questions
    • How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question
    No negotiation