EY

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Very smooth

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired through campus recruting. This included 2 rounds of interviewing. The first round was a 45 minute behavioral interview with a brief case study. The second round had two 45 minute behavioral interviews, one 45 minute verbal case study, and one 45 minute written case study. They had breakfast a interview day liason, and they took us out to lunch during the interview.

Interview Question – You have three sentances: Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation, but I was able to get a relocation bonus out of the deal.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Question – It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1 Day with 4 interviews.

Interview Question – There were't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but should have.

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of behavioral questions - They actually talk about the culture in the office etc. Then a case interview on h/c

Interview Question – The case is difficult as you the interviewer does not guide you through the process   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews
In person interviews (3-4) all during one day.
Two more phone interviews.

Hiring process intensive & repetitive.

Interview Question – None really. Standard interview questions.
Just need to have some good stories prepared.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Poor if you're not negotiating with them directly. Do not use a recruiter.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is planned well.But it toook time for about 2 months to get all the formalities to complete.I had about 2 rounds of telephonic and 4 rounds of inperson interview.Inperson interview is very cool and it doesnt feel like interview.

Interview Question – unexpected questions like if i am ready to take new opportunies outside my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing.it went smooth.

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The first round is phone interview with HR. It was behavioral interview. First introduced yourself. And then I was required to tell more about the project that was relevant to the practice I applied in Ernst Young. At the end, I was asked questions about how I would act in a particular situation.

Interview Question – Maybe because it was the first round, there was nothing unexpected.   View Answers (3)

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a half day of in-person interviews. The in-person inteview was a series of 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – How would you handle large datasets   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. I tried to ask for more money since I thought the offer was low, but HR claimed the salary offered was their standard offer for my experience and education level.

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

Interview Details – The executive recruiter was really great, communicative, friendly, and thoroughly explained the entire recruiting/interviewing and hiring process.

From the time I first spoke to the recruiter to the time I had my initial interview (via phone), approximately 4-5 weeks had passed. The timing to schedule the interviews was a bit slow, until they learned of a competing offer I had on the table that required an immediate response. At that point, they acted very rapidly and went out of their way to schedule all interviews in a condensed timeline within a matter of days. The offer came to me very quickly after my interviews were completed and the recruiter was absolutely wonderful to work with.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to answer was where I saw myself positioned within the firm, in terms of roles and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very rapid - be honest and upfront about other offers you may have and what your salary expectations are. You may not get the ceiling you ask for, but they will work with you to find an offer that will satisfy you.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.