EY

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The first round is phone interview with HR. It was behavioral interview. First introduced yourself. And then I was required to tell more about the project that was relevant to the practice I applied in Ernst Young. At the end, I was asked questions about how I would act in a particular situation.

Interview Question – Maybe because it was the first round, there was nothing unexpected.   View Answers (3)

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Process started with a pre-screening interview with an HR staff. He was very straight to the point, not too welcoming, nothing too appealing, actually almost uninviting. It left me wondering how's the culture in EY.
During this 10 minute screening interview, I was asked when I graduate ( which is on my CV), when I'm available to start working, what's my major (again on my CV), what I did before the Masters (on my CV), and the worst part "what's your salary expectations".
He couldn't explain the interview process further. But simply said "we will get back to you in 2 weeks, and you then interview other people" !! that's it! Some people said they gave them case interviews, others said they didn't. So the hiring process is not that clear I guess!

Interview Question – What's your salary expectations? ( during a pre-screening interview!)   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – first Group Discussion then personnel interview. current news topic was given for Group Discussion.

Interview Question – where do u see yourself after 5 years   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is planned well.But it toook time for about 2 months to get all the formalities to complete.I had about 2 rounds of telephonic and 4 rounds of inperson interview.Inperson interview is very cool and it doesnt feel like interview.

Interview Question – unexpected questions like if i am ready to take new opportunies outside my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing.it went smooth.

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to a 60 minute phone interview asking about my previous work experience.

Interview Question – What is a piece of work you are most proud of?   Answer Question

La Défense (France)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was hunted and therefore had a quick start of the interview process.
Then I met the senior manager, the partner and was waiting a few weeks.
No answer came until I gave direct calls 3 times.
Then I was accepted to joing EY teams.

Interview Question – "What would you intend to do in 5 years from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No possible discussion on the salary range; salary beeing based on age and grade whatever previous experience is.

Interview Details – Round 1: In-person interview
Round 2: 4 interviews: 1 technical, 1 case, 1 writing, 1 behavioural

Interview Question – Lot of focus on behavioral questions, soft skills, people skills   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Had a telephone interview as first stage which was quite a general chat about experience to date, why EY, scenario about how to infuence people etc.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Hiring was done through a employee referral. Met the service line head for one to one discussions. had telephonic technical interview followed by HR interview.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Mainly asked about my past experience and my technical skills. Was asked some case study questions to know my way of working

Negotiation Details – No much. They matched the other offer I had at that time

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.