EY

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Question – How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Question – CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – An external recruiter identified the opportunity and assisted in the recruitment process. An initial phone interview, then in-persons with multiple leaders. Fairly quick offer followed - easy conversational style of interviewers (one over lunch, one after work at a restaurant).

Interview Question – Hired into a technical practice but had no technical training, I needed to respond to how my "generalist" skill set would drive value in the technical practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Early in my career I negotiated more sign-on bonus and starting salary, but other offer details were appropriate.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and went through one interview.

Interview Question – Was given a business case to identify a solution to a compliance problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes

Interview Details – Round 1: In-person interview
Round 2: 4 interviews: 1 technical, 1 case, 1 writing, 1 behavioural

Interview Question – Lot of focus on behavioral questions, soft skills, people skills   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – First over phone by HR person, then over phone by senior manager on experience, what I am looking for and some of the challenges faced. Then office interview with various managers. Based on my resume, various questions on ERM, process improvements, internal audits and controls.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview Details – Friendly and typical interview questions about your education and experience. One telephonic HR round and a super day with 4 back to back interviews with senior manager and partners.

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Interview process was a bit scattered, but the day I met people - it was a breeze. The case study was fun

Interview Question – Nothing I couldn't answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, out of school hire

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in July 2012.

Interview Details – My application was submitted through experienced hire recruiting by a referral who was my former senior manager. The entire process took about 3 months which surprised me since I interned at EY a few years ago and performed well enough to receive a full time offer years ago.

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which mainly consisted of questions about my work projects and interest in EY. Then four weeks later, I had a phone interview with a senior manager, which consisted of mainly behavioral questions. They called this a technical interview. Then after about two weeks from my second interview, I followed up with the recruiting team regarding next steps.

Once I did so, the recruiting team scheduled me to fly in for an office visit where I met with three advisory team members for 1:1 interviews. The 1:1 interviews mostly consisted of learning more about my past experiences, leadership characteristics and some of the changes at EY since I was employed there. There was also a mini case question where the manager was trying to understand my thought process. One of the interviewers did ask me why I did not have an EY partner recommendation. I did not realize that I would need one to come back, otherwise, I would have made sure to have one as a returning EY employee.

A few weeks later, I learned that I did not receive an offer. My advise to anyone returning to EY is to get a referral or recommendation from a partner. Mine was through a senior manager, which was not enough.

Interview Question – Why didn't you get a partner recommendation?   View Answer