EY

EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Questions
  • How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
    The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Questions
    • CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

First over phone by HR person, then over phone by senior manager on experience, what I am looking for and some of the challenges faced. Then office interview with various managers. Based on my resume, various questions on ERM, process improvements, internal audits and controls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

They started of with 2 phone interviews then I was invited for an office interview with 3 Senior Managers and a Partner. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and general discussion about my resume. We spoke in great detail about the team what they do, and what they expect. The questions that were ask was more focused around getting a feel for if I would enjoy the position, what can I bring to the team and the vision of the group

Interview Questions
    The offer was pretty solid. Don't expect to be a millionaire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in December 2011.

Received a screening phone call from a recruiter, which lasted about 30 minutes and was a review of my resume and my new employment desires/expectations. I was contacted a couple of weeks later by another recruiter who wanted to arrange for an on-site interview in NYC. The company provided me transportation and lodging to the interviews. The interviews began at 9am and last for three hours. During that time, i had quick, 30 minute interviews with 2 partners, 2 senior managers, and someone from HR. Interviews basically consisted of my elevator speech, my previous education/employment history, and what I am looking for in employment. I was contacted a few days later with results and the news that they wished to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate; offer exceeded expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in February 2011.

I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Questions
    • I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question
    I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2011.

I was called by a staffing agency for this position. After a long phone conversation with the staffing agency, I was told that about my phone interview with an E&Y personnel.

Phone Interview: Interview was for about 30-40 minutes. Started with the basic questions in regards to my prior education and prior experience. The discussion then went into the projects that I have worked on and my role in each project. The interviewer allowed me to explain each project that was in my resume and would ask questions on them. Fairly easy questions based on the project itself.

Once I cleared this interview, I was informed about the 1:1 interview with 4 employees from E&Y. The 4 interviewers held independent (different) positions and had questions based on their requirements. Initial process was same and I had to explain my background and skill sets along with the projects listed on the resume. Specific question were asked, but again they were based on my projects and experience.

On clearing this process, I was interview 1:1 by a partner who was the leading the department where I was suppose to work. Questions were again about my background. The only difference was that the partner asked me more about the consulting industry and my preference for consulting. He wanted to make sure that I understand the expectations of being a consultant working at client locations.

These were all the interviews that I gave. Unfortunately, the salary was a question mark and I didnt get through. I had a very positive experience and each of the interviewers were very respectful and gave great feedback to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multiple expectations from multiple people while having a time crunch   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in May 2010.

The interview focuses on:
    1>Why E&Y and why consulting domain
    2>Why you - past, education
    3>Why you in E&Y

Most questions are HR based and skills based. Lot of them are based on teaming, leadership and previous experience
    Pay emphasis on culture, projects as well as industry analysis.
    Be prepared for a case interview. Typically integration of 2 banks and technological, financial and cultural challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you failed and explain the situation before and after?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were allowed as this was part of super day cum campus recruitment.
    The offers for most people selected were same.
    Usually negotiations are possible from role, title, and salary. They become accomdating if you have an offer from a competing big 4 firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY in January 2010.

I was connected to Ernst & Young through a recruiter. Prior to interviewing them I was with PwC. I went through two rounds of interviews. During the first round I interviewed two managers and an HR representative. They took me through a classic behavioral interview. It felt more like they were trying to get to know me than it felt like I was being evaluated. The second round was with the group's lead partner.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have my CPA completed at the time, so the most difficult question for me to answer was why I hadn't taken the exam yet. The interview was behavioral, if you do research on behavioral interviews and practice you'll be fine. I would say the most difficult part was not so much the questions during my interview, but the number of interviews I had during that day. During the first round, be ready to interview three to four people in one day.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was good. They wanted me aboard so they were willing to accommodate my requests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2009.

I was referred by a friend and went through one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a business case to identify a solution to a compliance problem.   View Answer