EY Senior Manager Interview Questions

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Very professional and formal process. I liked the formality and thoroughness. They made me feel very important and comfortable. The actual interview process was somewhat cold and removed, though. They were more interested in technicalities than my personality and whether or not I would be a good fit. Some of the questions seemed like they were testing technical competence rather whether or not I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
  • Post-interview process very distant and removed. Nothing like the pre-interview process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

very good but slow, it took around 2 months

friendly and fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in December 2011.

I was contacted by a headhunter who after 2 interviews had scheduled a phone screen with a principal at E&Y. A week after that they started working on an in person interview with Ernst & Young Advisory in NYC.

The HR team at EY was unorganized and would send out interview appointments on a Wednesday for that Friday, not factoring in that I am not even in the same time zone. We had to do that a few times until I finally made it.

There were 4 interviewers and one discussion with the in-house recruiter. The first interviewer was 20 minutes late for the 30 minute interview. Had no idea of my background and did not even know what was on the resume. He became agitated as I asked him a followup question about the group's strategy, which is a fairly common question. Second interviewer was the Principal I had initially spoken with and it went smooth, third interview was with another Prinicpal who was 15 minutes late for the interview, and had been with E&Y for all his career yet could not understand that in some companies the roles between delivery, management, and service development are not fully separate. The recruiter just wanted to know a number which would prompt me to jump ship, and it was on okay discussion. The Partner for the group had me wait for 20 minutes and then sent the message that he can not meet for 2 hours if I can wait or they will reschedule. The recruiter said they were ready to make an offer but needed for the partner to meet before they can give a final number.

Interview Questions
    • from the in house recruiter- what number do I have to hit today for you to make the decision today and start on Monday.   Answer Question

The group did not seem to understand that the industry was changing. The role was good for the practice and what they needed, but it would have stifled my career with too narrow a focus on an industry and too narrow a focus on type of projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Multiple interviews with hiring manager and his supervisor, also HR. The process was thorough, there was travel to Houston to meet in person, something they probably no longer do, they'll probably video conference rather than incur the expense.

Senior Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2009.

General questions, like reason for transition from previous job. Walk thru the resume, identify areas of interest for the new role. I think it depends on the background and interests of the interviewer. For the HR discussion its mostly generic to get logistical details.

Interview Questions
    • Example of a time when you had to lead a difficult team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2009.

3 stage interview process starting with a basic phone interview with someone from HR. Then followed by interview with a senior member of the practice area. Finally, an invitation to the periodic interview day where you meet with a series of people who focus on both behavioral as well as skill specific questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Initial communication, 2-3 interviews, final selection. The selection process starts with HR being at the forefront and the decisions are taken by the business. The process is very well structured and transparent.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9 months - interviewed at EY.

Expect a number of interviews, both competency and behavioural.

Interview Questions
    • Why EY over the other Big 4 players - be clear about this.   Answer Question
    Lenghty

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at EY.

long long process. It took 8 months. But the partners I discusses with were very friendly and supportive. I have been contacted by a headhunter with who I had a two hours telephonic interview. I went to their office twice to interview with three partners.

Interview Questions
    • How do you intend to grow our transaction service line.   Answer Question
    No area for negociation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

3 rounds of interviews (first: Technical, second: Partner and third: HR

Interview Questions
    • Experience related questions with specific focus on future goals   Answer Question
    As per industry standards

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!