EY

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was given an on campus interview for a leadership conference. Received the offer during the leadership conference. Two interviews, one was a partner and the other was a senior manager. Pretty standard interview, behavioral with some situational.

Interview Question – How can you bring creativity to your career in accounting.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating,

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Question – Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Spent a lot of time focused on formulaic question and had a checklist of them. Interviewer ticked them off as he asked them, which I think, was indicative of a personality shared by other people I met from the firm.

Interview Question – Discuss a time you performed poorly in a team.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – -I was hired from on campus. The process was an interview with one person on campus. Then I was given an in-house interview at the office location. There I interviewed with three different people. The questions were more behavioral. I do not remember any technical accounting questions.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process at EY out of college is fairly simple. If you are there you are likely to get an offer in assurance. They are very meticulous about who they invite in for an interview so when they do pick you, you probably have an offer. The interviews are non technical and very informal.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews
One superday interview consisting of six 1:1 interviews with senior management

Interview Question – List some of your weaknesses   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very similar to the other big four. I had an excellent experience, all the people I met were great. I was flown out, put up in a hotel, and compensated for my expenses. The interview consisted of a information session, two interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Question – How do you deal with problems.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – I have only started the first stage of the interview process. My phone interview was straight forward. Manager on the phone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Staff Accountant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2007.

Interview Details – I interviewed with EY on my college campus. I had been to several of EYs on campus recruiting events. The interview was extremely laid back as I had already knew of the recruiters from the on campus events. We discussed my resume and any question I had about the position

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hired through school's co-op process. Attended a few networking sessions throughout the year.

Interview Question – Generic behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Staff Accountant interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.