EY Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked questions about standard accounting applications that you learn in school, be ready to answer these questions and explain your answer. You need to know a lot about the accounting industry and be ready to learn because they teach you a lot of stuff that you should be able to pick up on the fly.

Interview Questions

• How do you treat for depreciation of fixed assets for a technology company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Spent a lot of time focused on formulaic question and had a checklist of them. Interviewer ticked them off as he asked them, which I think, was indicative of a personality shared by other people I met from the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions

• Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

-I was hired from on campus. The process was an interview with one person on campus. Then I was given an in-house interview at the office location. There I interviewed with three different people. The questions were more behavioral. I do not remember any technical accounting questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very similar to the other big four. I had an excellent experience, all the people I met were great. I was flown out, put up in a hotel, and compensated for my expenses. The interview consisted of a information session, two interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I have only started the first stage of the interview process. My phone interview was straight forward. Manager on the phone was very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Edison, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews
    One superday interview consisting of six 1:1 interviews with senior management

Interview Questions

• List some of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Was given an on campus interview for a leadership conference. Received the offer during the leadership conference. Two interviews, one was a partner and the other was a senior manager. Pretty standard interview, behavioral with some situational.

Interview Questions

• How can you bring creativity to your career in accounting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process at EY out of college is fairly simple. If you are there you are likely to get an offer in assurance. They are very meticulous about who they invite in for an interview so when they do pick you, you probably have an offer. The interviews are non technical and very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in November 2007.

Interview

I interviewed with EY on my college campus. I had been to several of EYs on campus recruiting events. The interview was extremely laid back as I had already knew of the recruiters from the on campus events. We discussed my resume and any question I had about the position