EY

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Spent a lot of time focused on formulaic question and had a checklist of them. Interviewer ticked them off as he asked them, which I think, was indicative of a personality shared by other people I met from the firm.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2013.

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions
    • Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

-I was hired from on campus. The process was an interview with one person on campus. Then I was given an in-house interview at the office location. There I interviewed with three different people. The questions were more behavioral. I do not remember any technical accounting questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Very similar to the other big four. I had an excellent experience, all the people I met were great. I was flown out, put up in a hotel, and compensated for my expenses. The interview consisted of a information session, two interviews, and a lunch.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

I have only started the first stage of the interview process. My phone interview was straight forward. Manager on the phone was very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2011.

Two phone interviews
    One superday interview consisting of six 1:1 interviews with senior management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in February 2011.

Was given an on campus interview for a leadership conference. Received the offer during the leadership conference. Two interviews, one was a partner and the other was a senior manager. Pretty standard interview, behavioral with some situational.

Interview Questions
    • How can you bring creativity to your career in accounting.   View Answer
    No negotiating,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2009.

The interview process at EY out of college is fairly simple. If you are there you are likely to get an offer in assurance. They are very meticulous about who they invite in for an interview so when they do pick you, you probably have an offer. The interviews are non technical and very informal.

None

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in November 2007.

I interviewed with EY on my college campus. I had been to several of EYs on campus recruiting events. The interview was extremely laid back as I had already knew of the recruiters from the on campus events. We discussed my resume and any question I had about the position

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

2 interviews back to back, 30 minutes each. First interview was with campus recruiter and we mostly just talked about a mutual hobby. Second interview was with a Manager in the industry I was interested in. This was a much more traditional behavioral interview. Results were announced same day by phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and there was conflict. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation