EY

EY Staff Auditor Interview Questions & Reviews

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – I had one phone interview that took about 20 minutes. Very Friendly.

And then I had a second round in house interview. It was with three different employees (manager, senior manager and partner) and each was about 30 minutes. It was a very easy process, questions were very easy.

Interview Question – What was your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was two step. There was a quick interview on campus, which did not last very long...only about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral.

The second round in office was longer, 8am-3pm. THe questions were mostly behavioral and resume based, although they were a bit tougher. The work culture seems to be very diligent, but people are nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Staff Auditor

The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in April 2010.

Interview Details – I attended recruiting events and was offered an interview and job at the end of the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience you had as a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Staff Auditor

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me some basic questions such as what type of career I was interested in (nothing intimidating). When I mentioned that I was interested in audit he said he would like to bring me in for an interview. The total phone interview was maybe 15min long. The in office interviews consisted of meeting with 2 managers and a partner. One manager actually interviewed me and asked me questions, the other manager basically tried to sell the firm to me. The partner tried to sell the firm as well. The toughest question I got was regarding why I wanted to leave my current position and why I hadn't started in audit in the first place (I was an experienced hire). My interview experience might be a little different because the firm is really in need of staff at the moment and are looking to hire 2,000 people nationwide. It was a very "painless" interview process. The time it took from when I first spoke to EY and when I had an offer in hand was about 1.5 weeks (although they told me about 3 days after the interview that they would be extending an offer). After the offer was made they ran a background check on me and I started working there about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I might have been able to. It is worth trying.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Staff Auditor interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.