EY Staff Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

I applied through college career center. The process took a week, and I was notified for an on campus interview. The first round was behavior by a senior manager. The process was very chill and way less structural compared other big four. They really just wanted to know you as a person. The second round was what they called superday. We were invited to Dallas for on Thursday following a reception, where you can meet all interviewers and other candidates. FOOD AND ROOMS WERE AMAZING! Before the interview started the second day, a partner talked to us about EY and MAKE SURE ASK QUESTIONS AFTERWARDS!!!! Then 2 behavior and 1 case study. I believe behavior interviews were more important than the case one, but make sure to demonstrate strong communication skills during the case interview. A shuttle will send you to airports afterwards.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interviewing was detailed and thorough. Most of the questions focused on technology capabilities and process improvement experience. Interviewers were very amiable and the questions were mostly behavioral based. The process was more lengthy than I had anticipated, with an initial interview with a recruiter, followed up with a phone interview with a Manager. I then had a day long interview session of 1:1 interviews and a 2:1 interview with a Partner & Sr. Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was my knowledge of and experience with, multiple different ERPs and bolt-on software.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, EY tells you what you will make.

Staff Consultant Interview

It really depends on who interviews you. If you can, try and talk to people that have interviewed their before so you can get a wide range of experiences. This will have you be the best prepared.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a bigger starting salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Was hired through my career services office at my university. It was a national interview slot. Most interviews are about your personality. There are not many technical questions. More questions about how you perform in a team setting, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a challenge that you worked to overcome on a team   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Easy interview...short writing and excel test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Differs everywhere but if it is a campus hire situation, there will be an on campus intervew and if that goes well, you would be called in for a superday interview with 3 or more managers/senior managers/partners and you get taken out for lunch on the house!

Interview Questions
    • The interviews are usually not that tough. They really want to know you rather than what you know. They might test your humor or spirit to take criticism.   Answer Question
    Usually negotiation depends on prior experience or degrees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

Standard, written test and several interviews. Definitely go to the info sessions and get in touch with the staff there, you will be noticed. Case Interview in last round, case was fair, they gave me a lot of info and asked me what I saw there, if the company should be concerned and what my recommendations were.

Interview Questions
    Straight forward, just be honest but no greedy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

Very warm. 3 interviews with 1 case interview.
    Had a mobile app case that was to be read with accompanying answers.
    Worked out well.

Interview Questions
    • when were you faced with a team member issue?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

The interview process was fairly straight forward and a little too easy. I had a brief 20 mins phone interview and then came in for an office visit. There were practically no formal questions asked. Very informal.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about controls experience. I had none. Wasn't a big deal I guess.   Answer Question
    Pretty easy, I said I need something as close to what I was making before and they were able to get very close.