EY Staff Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.4

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied through college career center. The process took a week, and I was notified for an on campus interview. The first round was behavior by a senior manager. The process was very chill and way less structural compared other big four. They really just wanted to know you as a person. The second round was what they called superday. We were invited to Dallas for on Thursday following a reception, where you can meet all interviewers and other candidates. FOOD AND ROOMS WERE AMAZING! Before the interview started the second day, a partner talked to us about EY and MAKE SURE ASK QUESTIONS AFTERWARDS!!!! Then 2 behavior and 1 case study. I believe behavior interviews were more important than the case one, but make sure to demonstrate strong communication skills during the case interview. A shuttle will send you to airports afterwards.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewing was detailed and thorough. Most of the questions focused on technology capabilities and process improvement experience. Interviewers were very amiable and the questions were mostly behavioral based. The process was more lengthy than I had anticipated, with an initial interview with a recruiter, followed up with a phone interview with a Manager. I then had a day long interview session of 1:1 interviews and a 2:1 interview with a Partner & Sr. Manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was my knowledge of and experience with, multiple different ERPs and bolt-on software.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, EY tells you what you will make.

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

It really depends on who interviews you. If you can, try and talk to people that have interviewed their before so you can get a wide range of experiences. This will have you be the best prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a bigger starting salary

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Penn State University, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had on campus interviews and preceded to the Super Day event. The super day event consisted of a meet and greet the night before and three back-to back - to back interviews with a Managers, Senior Manager, and a Partner. One interview was a case study, the other was the typical behavior based interview, and the third interview was simply attempting to figure out who you are as a person, your interests, and how you fit into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Mostly a conversational based interview, they asked me a case study question, I believe it was about bottlenecks. Talked about my interests with the Partner, pretty straightforward process.Mostly behavior based questions, i.e. tell me about a time when... These can be prepared for in any fashion, the STAR method is helpful. I didn't receive any obscure question, i.e. how many golf balls can fit in this room, it was pretty straightforward.   1 Answer

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Was hired through my career services office at my university. It was a national interview slot. Most interviews are about your personality. There are not many technical questions. More questions about how you perform in a team setting, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge that you worked to overcome on a team   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Easy interview...short writing and excel test

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Differs everywhere but if it is a campus hire situation, there will be an on campus intervew and if that goes well, you would be called in for a superday interview with 3 or more managers/senior managers/partners and you get taken out for lunch on the house!

Interview Questions

• The interviews are usually not that tough. They really want to know you rather than what you know. They might test your humor or spirit to take criticism.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Usually negotiation depends on prior experience or degrees.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Standard, written test and several interviews. Definitely go to the info sessions and get in touch with the staff there, you will be noticed. Case Interview in last round, case was fair, they gave me a lot of info and asked me what I saw there, if the company should be concerned and what my recommendations were.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward, just be honest but no greedy

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Very warm. 3 interviews with 1 case interview.
    Had a mobile app case that was to be read with accompanying answers.
    Worked out well.

Interview Questions

• when were you faced with a team member issue?   1 Answer