EY

Employer Engaged

EY Summer Tax Intern Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

I attended a couple of campus events and applied through my school's career website. The first round interview was 30 mins. It was more like a conversation and my interviewer went thought my resume. My interviewer was so nice. I got the office visit notice on the following day. The office visit was about 4 hours, one presentation, one panel discussion and two 30 mins interview then lunch. The first interview was a tax partner and the second one was a tax manager. I was nervous when I know the first one is a partner because My friend got two managers. The partner was very friendly. He asked me about 4 behavioral questions. The questions were very specific, My second interviewer was very nice as well. He basically went through my resume with me. Overall, the whole experience was very good. I like it, everyone was so nice, I think it is EY culture. The following day, I received the phone call from the recruiter to extend my offer.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

The first interview was on-campus and included a pre-night. Everyone at the pre-night was very friendly, make sure to talk to as many people as possible. My on-campus interview was relaxed and was with a partner that I ate dinner with the night before at the pre-night. There wasn't any technical or behavioral questions. The partner invited me to the second-round of interviews on the spot and used the rest of the time to tell me about the office-visit interview. Two weeks later, I attended the "super day." The day consisted of a presentation, a panel discussion with a Tax Director, and then two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. The interview with the manager seemed to be awkward on purpose--they want to make sure you can start and hold a conversation. He asked mostly behavioral questions about teamwork, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Make sure you have a lot of questions to ask. The next interview with a tax partner was super relaxed, we talked about the company culture, his background, and sports. The day ends with a lunch with your assigned mentor for the day with the rest of the group.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you'll fit in better with the culture at EY as opposed to the other Big 4?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2013.

I was interviewed by a Tax partner and another associate director from Ernst & Young Solutions LLP. The questions were rather straightforward as they attempted to warm their candidates up.

Subsequently, they proceeded to ask me more about my resume, interests and motivation for a tax career. In overall, the interviewers were very nice and friendly.