EY

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was on-campus and included a pre-night. Everyone at the pre-night was very friendly, make sure to talk to as many people as possible. My on-campus interview was relaxed and was with a partner that I ate dinner with the night before at the pre-night. There wasn't any technical or behavioral questions. The partner invited me to the second-round of interviews on the spot and used the rest of the time to tell me about the office-visit interview. Two weeks later, I attended the "super day." The day consisted of a presentation, a panel discussion with a Tax Director, and then two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. The interview with the manager seemed to be awkward on purpose--they want to make sure you can start and hold a conversation. He asked mostly behavioral questions about teamwork, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Make sure you have a lot of questions to ask. The next interview with a tax partner was super relaxed, we talked about the company culture, his background, and sports. The day ends with a lunch with your assigned mentor for the day with the rest of the group.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'll fit in better with the culture at EY as opposed to the other Big 4?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a couple of campus events and applied through my school's career website. The first round interview was 30 mins. It was more like a conversation and my interviewer went thought my resume. My interviewer was so nice. I got the office visit notice on the following day. The office visit was about 4 hours, one presentation, one panel discussion and two 30 mins interview then lunch. The first interview was a tax partner and the second one was a tax manager. I was nervous when I know the first one is a partner because My friend got two managers. The partner was very friendly. He asked me about 4 behavioral questions. The questions were very specific, My second interviewer was very nice as well. He basically went through my resume with me. Overall, the whole experience was very good. I like it, everyone was so nice, I think it is EY culture. The following day, I received the phone call from the recruiter to extend my offer.

Interview Question – Question about Motivation   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a Tax partner and another associate director from Ernst & Young Solutions LLP. The questions were rather straightforward as they attempted to warm their candidates up.

Subsequently, they proceeded to ask me more about my resume, interests and motivation for a tax career. In overall, the interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Interview Question – How do you think the White Paper will affect you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Summer Tax Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.