EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by campus recruiter. Went to business dinner, lunch, and 3 staff interviews.

Interview Question – Interview process was as usual. Senior manager who interviewed me was surprised that in recent years there were so many finance students have been applying for accounting position in recent years.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred from a partner from a different office in another state who reached out to a recruiter for me. She later contacted the right different recruiter, who asked for my resume and transcript. She quickly set up an interview with a Tax Manager.

Interview Question – Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million.
What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Tax Accountant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.