EY Tax Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at EY (India, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

there were 4 rounds gd apptitude hr n tecnical interview porcess is very long its very important to brush up on accounting skills be confident.. in gd for general topics were listed u have to choose one n speak for a min .. in apptitude accounts eng n reasoning que were given each for 20 min, HR round is oly a causal talk .. after 3 weeks i was called for a tecnical round

Interview Questions

• abt myself, gloden rules of accounting
    why ey
    derivatives
    they asked me to draw a balance sheet
    diff btw provisions and reserves
    journal entry
    excel shortcuts
    diff btw amortisation dep n impairment

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

They came on campus, we had an aptitude test and resume drop. Then we had an interview that day followed by a super day with 6 interviews. I was asked to do a couple of cases for them, and then there were a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• There was one interview with two interviewers and they asked me if both of them had exactly the same qualifications and had joined the company at the same time which one of them would I think deserved a raise.   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

1.GD
    2.Aptitude
    3.HR round
    4.Technical round
    I was qualified for technical round .but they dint call yet.just waiting for their call.it's almost one month .
    In d HR round ,the HR was not interested in interviewing .
    The co. does not respond to the calls made .they just cut the calls or just ignore them.they should not keep the candidates under the dark.they come with lot of hopes and queries.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

1)we were given 4 topics like,ur school life,common man problems in india,mobile use in todays world,another one i dont remember
    2)was e mail writing and aptitude, which consist 60 questions 60mins.mostly about journals then rest all common questions which comes in all apti test.
    3)This round they wont eliminate,they just ask 2,3 questions like,introduce urself,why ey,why u left ur previous job
    4)Technical round which lasted about half n hour and questions were,depreciation? Is gold depreciated?tax on agriculture income,tax slabs,probability,and one sum was also given to solve
    5)after 4th round they asked for my previous company offer letter and 3 months pay slip
    ,now m waiting for mail of nest process.

Interview Questions

• questions were,depreciation? Is gold depreciated?tax on agriculture income,tax slabs,probability,and one sum was also given to solve   13 Answers

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I went for a walk in interview for the Tax analyst position.
    First round was Communication test. They gave us 4 topics, had to choose one and speak on it. Fairly simple. Few selected ppl qualified for the next round which was aptitude test. It was a bit tough and in 3 sections. Those who qualified were called for the next round that is HR the next day. HR round was very basic, sort of an introduction.
    Now am waiting for the Technical round call, hopefully soon, its been a week already.

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

1st Round - We were given 4 topics and we had to choose one and speak about it for more than a minute. They eliminated 15 out of 17 candidates at that round as they told communication was of most importance in EY.
    2nd Round - A Written Test where first an e-mail drafting question will be given and 5 minutes to draft. Later, aptitude consisting of Accounts, English and Logical Reasoning. 20 questions each ... 20 minutes
    3rd Round- A HR round where one would ask questions related to your personal front and resume related.( no one gets eliminated here)
    4th Round - A panel interview with 3 team leaders. went on for nearly 30 minutes and was asked questions from resume to my project and also accounts and tax related.(be prepared on all topics related to process . .as well as basic accounts and finance stuff)
    5th Round - A Managerial interview where not much technical questions was asked.. It was relatively easy when compared to panel interview.
    6th Round - An Asst Director of the particular process took this round. It was for nearly 5-10 minutes... it was more like a 'get to know each other' kind of a round.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue if you have prepared well for an EY interview   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

first round- aptitude test
    second round-hr interview
    third round-technical interview

The aptitude test was very easy.
    The interviewers in hr round were very chilled out and the questions were quite easy.
    The technical round was the toughest. the interviewer asked questions about accounts and finance.
    overall it was a good experiance.

Interview Questions

• one item which included in profit and loss account but excluded in fund flow statement   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Had 4 rounds in total.
    1. communication round. They give u 4 topics and u have to pick one topic n speak about it fr 2 mins.
    2. Aptitude round. Contains 60 questions and an email writing. 20 questions each from English Arithmetic and accounts.
    3. Hr round. Basic hr questions.
    4. Technical cum managerial round. This s very important.

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Interview rounds - 4.
    1st - Communication: talk on a given topic for 1min. they test your english fluency, vocabulary, pronunciation.
    2nd - Written test round. 1st thing - Email writing in 75 -100 words. Then 60 marks test, divided in 20 marks each into 3 parts ie Accounting, Analytical skills and English paragraph - grammar.
    3rd - HR round - They ask simple ques- introduce yourself, why EY? comfortable with working late?
    4th - Technical round - Here the manager will test your knowledge on the job profile, your knowledge on the subject, how well you know your concepts, they ask how dedicated will you be in the work.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Chennai (India)).

Interview

1st round- gd general discussion
    2nd round - appitude(accounts, numerical, verbal)
    3th - hr(tell me about yourself) character test and dome times stress interview
    4th - operations(technical round) basic accounting and tax related questions

Interview process is very long takes 4+ weeks to get appointment order

Interview Questions

• Capital market questions are also asked....   1 Answer