EY

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

They came on campus, we had an aptitude test and resume drop. Then we had an interview that day followed by a super day with 6 interviews. I was asked to do a couple of cases for them, and then there were a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
  • There was one interview with two interviewers and they asked me if both of them had exactly the same qualifications and had joined the company at the same time which one of them would I think deserved a raise.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Tax Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Had 4 rounds in total.
    1. communication round. They give u 4 topics and u have to pick one topic n speak about it fr 2 mins.
    2. Aptitude round. Contains 60 questions and an email writing. 20 questions each from English Arithmetic and accounts.
    3. Hr round. Basic hr questions.
    4. Technical cum managerial round. This s very important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

1st round- gd general discussion
    2nd round - appitude(accounts, numerical, verbal)
    3th - hr(tell me about yourself) character test and dome times stress interview
    4th - operations(technical round) basic accounting and tax related questions

Interview process is very long takes 4+ weeks to get appointment order

Interview Questions
    • Capital market questions are also asked....   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

It was a college placement drive.
    We had 3 rounds
    1st an aptitude test
    2nd a HR interview: all basic hr questions
    3rd technical interview: called at office for the interview and the questions were related to basic taxation.

Few days later i gt message frm my placement officer that i am selected.

Interview Questions
    • You mentioned that you were a team leader in a college gaming championship... What it is like to be a TL and what are the qualities needed?   View Answer
    As a fresher i just want to learn and whatever the sallary is according to the company norms is acceptable to me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

1st round was communication round 'pick n speak'. Pick a topic & speak for 1 min.
    2nd apti- In that 1 email writing followed by aptitude test consisting of three sections Finance+apti, Logical Reasoning & Verbal ability. Each section consist of 20 Qs total 70 mins test. 1st you will be given Email writing for 10 mins, then finance+ Apti Qs. for 20 mins, Then LR & VA. After every 20 mins HR will take 1 section Qs. & gives Qs. for next section.
    3rd -HR round just a casual talk about yourself
    4th- The most trickiest round Technical round. Be prepare with everything you have read from PUC till your masters. from gross profit, credit rating, income statement, derivatives & swaps. every thing u have studied in finance & accounts.
    5th- Interview with manager thats easy just normal talk about your goals, why EY why Tax?

Interview Questions
    • on Credit rating, entries from trading a/c to B/S
            , Derivatives, Swaps & its process, Debentures bond What is YTM ? & Factoring etc

Questions were
      NPV or IRR which one you prefer.
      Whats the diff b/w EBIT & Gross Profit.
      What is YTM
      Diff b/w Debentures & loan
      What are Derivative, types of derivatives
      What do u understand by Factoring
      what are credit ratings
      Effects of low credit rating
      whats are Swaps
      How swaps work
      Draw an Income statement.
      Diff b/w bill of lading & Invoice. &
      Some Journal entries on EMI, Bad debts recovered, Fixed asset sold for more then the BV etc

View Answer
    For freshers its 3lpa. Cant negotiate 285k fix & 15k Variable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I went for d walk-in interview for Tax Analyst position at Bangalore,India.The process includes GD/Public speaking ,apti test,hr and technical round.In the first round i.e public speaking ,there were 4 topics,one should choose anyone of d same & speak about that for 2mins.This is mainly to check the communication skills of the candidate and I cleared this one. Next round is the apti test which includes 1.email writing 2.accounting 3.maths & logical 4.English. Each section was limited by time.Apti round was full of technical question.Unfortunately,i couldn't clear this round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I applied through a placement agency.

The initial process included public speaking which was to test your communication skills and on spot thinking, followed by letter writing and MCQ questions which were used to test the accounting knowledge, english analytical skills and basic mathematical problem solving.

I was shortlisted and the next level is scheduled in a month.

Interview Questions
    • Too many questions on journal entries. Brush up accounting skills if you need to.   View Answer
    Don't negotiate if you are a fresher.

Tax Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at EY.

4 rounds of interview...its free speech, aptitude test , hr and technical....i cleared 2 rounds and waiting for call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Step One of the Hiring Process entailed an Aptitude Test, which tested us on the grounds of Verbal ability, Quantitative Ability, Data & Logical Reasoning and MS Excel.

The shortlisted candidates had a one-on-one interview with the HR Personnel.

Furthermore, the Assurance candidates were subject to a round of Group Discussion, followed by two interviews.

However, the Tax candidates had only two rounds of interviews that followed. These interviews included certain technical questions, HR questions, and situation-based questions. It was concluded with a small case-study like problem.

Interview Questions
    • The situation based questions were a first for me. But they went quite smoothly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

Started with an orientation followed by a test on E mail drafting and then an aptitude test consisting of various modules such as Accounting Logical and Numerical Ability Microsoft Excel basics English. After the test there was a HR Interview followed by a technical Interview

Interview Questions
    • HR Interview was very General Tell me about yourself and general discussion
      Technical Interview: Basics of accounting Journal, Depreciation entry, How to arrive at gross profit, what is working capital management how to find it out

Answer Question