EY

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting, went through first round and second round. Two weeks after the first round I received a phone call invited me to the second round. In the second round I interviewed back to back with a partner, a manager and a senior manager, each took around 45 min

Interview Question – What did you expect me to ask you when you walked in the room?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an interview through campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. First round interview questions were pretty easy. They just want to know who you are. Questions like "why tax? why accounting?". Then there were 3 recruiting events on campus.

Then the firm invites you for office visit, all expenses paid for. The second round interview was with partner and manager. They ask you almost the same questions like the first round interview. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and show that you're very interested.

Interview Question – Which tax practice do you want to specialize in and why?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Through campus recruiting

Interview Question – Cant' remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview Details – All behavioral questions. Fairly casual. They asked me lot of questions based of my resume, experience and leadership experience on campus. I interviewed with 3 different people, two partners and one senior manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too surprising   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 12 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The hiring process for any Big 4, not just EY, is truly rigorous. There are many requirements and suggested steps to be met alon the way. For example, recruitment for Big 4 internships begins the spring of your junior year. Here, you will apply for summer leadership programs. These programs are designed to introduce candidates to the firms professionals and various service lines. It's a great way to get your foot in the door but highly competitive so be prepared to interview and bring it.

After summer leadership conferences, there is summer recruiting events that are typically informal and sometimes invite only. They can range from being very small scale with a few professionals and yourself to a larger BBQ social type event. The more successful candidates are proactive and set up coffee/lunch meetings with professionals of the various firms.

After the summer, fall of your senior year is when internship recruiting begins. You apply through your Universities career services (usually online) and if selected, you are scheduled for an on-campus interview. The firms all interview generally within the same week so schedule your interviews so they aren't back to back (looks bad on your part). On top of this week long series of interviews (one per firm) you will have nightly social events (not mandatory, but don't shoot yourself in the foot). It is very busy. Not to mention it's generally during your first round of midterms!

Next, if you survive first round interviews, firms will reach out and extend a second round interview to you. This is where, regardless of where you are going to school, the firm will fly you out and put you in a hotel, all expenses paid, for whichever office you are recruiting with. You will have three, 30 minute interviews back-to-back-to-back (drink water!) usually with senior managers and partners. Then later that night typically there is a social event. Repeat this process for as many Big 4 or large regional firms as you are interviewing with.

You will receive your offers after this point. Some firms even offer you early, prior to second round interviews to try and get you early before you are persuaded by the other firms. It's competitive and firms want the best candidates. Bring your A game!

And, if you don't get an internship, you can go through full time recruiting the next fall, where you will start as a Staff 1. Same process as above with first and second round interviews. There can be exceptions though (i.e. if you are no longer on a college campus and an experienced hire). Generally speaking, firms will hire first out of their internship programs to fill spots before hiring directly for full time. Internships are great "trial runs" where the firm can evaluate a candidate's fit with the firm and ability prior to offering a full time position.

Interview Question – Most difficult question: What are your weaknesses? What do you struggle with most?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy, everything is basically set to standard and you don't have much leverage as an intern.

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – It is very good experience. EY made the process relaxed and interesting. The prenight is good. You will sit with other interviwee applied the same position and with the interviewer and the greeting person.

Interview Question – All are ordinary questions. Ask about team work experience and several questions about resume.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Interviewed through campus recruiting. First round on campus and then invited to the Superday.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Office Visit was casual and the Interview was mainly behavioral questions

Interview Question – N/A
The questions are mainly to get to know you, nothing out of the ordinary.
  Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in June 2013.

Interview Details – Everything went smoothly. People were nice and friendly. My first interview was about my resume so make sure you know thoroughly your resume. Basically behavioral questions like your strengths, weaknesses, future plans,...

Interview Question – How is Vietnam's economy? (since I am a Vietnamese)   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Apply through school recruiting center. 1st round interview with a senior manager. Nice conversation, basically get to know the applicant. A week letter , get invited to the office interview.

Interview Question – several behavior questions , not hard   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Tax Intern interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.