EY

Updated Jun 3, 2014

2.8

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Just regular resume question and several behavioral questions. But we had a pre night dinner and I think maybe I should have shown the attitude on that night. But overall, it is conversational and no thing really hard.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Tax Intern Interview

the interviewer I had is a partner. He is pretty lay back and nice. he asked me to talk about pretty much everything. and there is no standardized interview question. I talked about what job I am looking for and how to live a healthy life

Interview Questions
    • there is no question that I feel suprised. I don't feel like they even ask me question. it's a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

The first round is campus interview, 45 min, one on one. Second round is on-site interview with, talking with 3 senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • There are business dinners with staff in EY before and after the second round interview. There is a host with you during the interview process starting with the dinner. He/She might have been working in EY for at least one year. You can ask everything you want to.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting. First round on campus and then invited to the Superday.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It is very good experience. EY made the process relaxed and interesting. The prenight is good. You will sit with other interviwee applied the same position and with the interviewer and the greeting person.

Interview Questions
    • All are ordinary questions. Ask about team work experience and several questions about resume.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Was contacted for an interview scheduled for the next week, went for the interview and was offered the internship position within the week of the interview
    The interviewers were very friendly and it felt somewhat like a chit chat session. Questions were very standard and the whole interview only took around 15 minutes.

No negotiation

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, went through first round and second round. Two weeks after the first round I received a phone call invited me to the second round. In the second round I interviewed back to back with a partner, a manager and a senior manager, each took around 45 min

Interview Questions
    • What did you expect me to ask you when you walked in the room?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

I sent me resume in to the HR department and within days got an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy-took about 30 minutes and asked me questions like "why I chose my university" and "why tax". No behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2009.

Originally began with on-campus presentation from firm before Spring Break. After a week or two came a dinner with professionals from the firm, and the day after that dinner was a 30-minute 1:1 interview on campus. The next week, the firm invited certain students to continue recruiting, and for a two-week period, there were all kinds of activities (dinners, lunches, brunches, bowling, tours, etc.,) that determined who would be invited to the office visit. The office visit actually came after the school year ended, and it was a two-day affair. The first night was a dinner at a partner's house, so it was an informal interview at best. The next day was the tour of the office, with three 15-20 minute 1:1 interviews, a few presentations, some panel discussions from various staff.

Throughout the entire process, the professionals work hard to make every step of the process rather comfortable -- the various interviews never feel draining or tough, so the best piece of advice is to remember that no matter how relaxed things seem, everything counts. Recruiting events count. Dinner counts. Lunches count. All levels are watching and they are trying to figure out who would be a reasonable person to work with.

Interview Questions
    • What does the "People First" culture mean to you?   View Answer
    It appears the firms collude well as toward starting salary and bonuses (this was for an intern position in a specific location, though, so mileage may vary). However, the cool thing about the negotiation phase is that, as it takes place after the office visits, it is generally conducted through phone calls and emails if you are not nearby or may involve more meals if you are nearby. Negotiation doesn't change the offer contract, but it is a way for the firm to try to scope out their competition and then sell themselves one final time.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Handed in resume at an accounting career day that was on campus recruiting. Got an email about a week later saying I got a preliminary interview at an accounting consortium which was located at an Embassy Suites hotel. Ernst and Young greeters were waiting in the ballroom and they were very young and made me feel very comfortable. They were there more for me to ask them questions than actually asking me questions. They then took me to the actual interview in an individual suite. All questions were behavioral about how I would act in certain hypothetical situations. Got another email about a week later for a follow up interview in their actual office building. This consisted of three interviews with a staff, senior and partner, all of which were basically discussing my resume. Then they took me out to lunch. Everybody was very friendly. They told me they'd have a decision within three weeks but I didn't hear back from them so I called at about 4 weeks and they said they were sorry it was taking so long but I should expect another response in about 2 weeks. Still nothing after 2 more weeks so i emailed again and they said 1 more week until a decision. Then I finally got word that I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. They were all very typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question
    They called and told me when the internship started and what the pay would be and then followed up with a written offer sent via email. All I had to do was give an electronic signature and send it back.