EY

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from a head hunter. Once expressed an interest, had a phone interview with HR. The phone interview covered past experience, date of availability, etc. If you really are interested in working there, say so. Onsite interview was HR and two senior managers. No surprise. All they wanted to know was if you had the right experience. The offer came within two weeks of the interview.

Interview Question – There were no surprised questions asked. The entire process smooth. All they wanted to know was previous working experience and why wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very organized and well-planned interview process.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed as an experienced hire. Questions were most behavior based. First interview was with HR and then follow-up interview was with partner. Both were relaxed and interested in getting to know if a candidate is the right fit.

Negotiation Details – Room to negotiate for moving expenses.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Senior

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – It is all about who you know. I had a friend from high school line me up, and a month later i had the job!

Interview Question – Very behavioral. No techical questions- as an experienced hire they already know that you are smart. They need to know if you are a good fit for the team, was more suprised how short the interview was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They took my high offer.

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – Came onbard as an experienced hire. Submitted my resume through a friend, and got a call for a phone interview after about one month. Passed the phone interview and went in to the local office for a second interview with 3 senior managers, one manager and a tax partner.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to leave my present employer and why I seemed to "switch jobs" often.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are an experienced hire, especially if you are licensed and are applying as a senior or above, definitely ask for them to increase the salary offered and ask for a signing bonus.

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very complicated, however, was well organized to my surprise. I interviewed alongside 20 other candidates over a two-day period. The first day was an evening social where a mix of professionals and candidates attended. The next morning was a series of three interviews with Managers to area Managing Partners. Afterwords, we were taken out to lunch. During the entire process I was assigned a "buddy" that took me to my interviews and I was able to ask questions with the entire time.

Interview Question – The overall interview experience was unexpected. They did an excellent job of interviewing by asking life questions, asking my interests, and talking about life values, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was sent an offer packet in the mail on the day of the verbal offer. There was no negotiation.

Dallas, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2010.

Interview Details – i was schedualed an interview with 4 managers, 30 min for each. I actually had the chance to interview with both managers at once and 2 managers individually. Managers were very nice and friendly, they seem to be very close, and they don't intend to ask any complicated questions.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was obtained through submission of my CV by a recruiter to EY. At which point I understand EY reviewed the CV's and shortlisted candidates of interest for first round interview.

My first round interview was at the Becket House office with 2 Tax managers who had worked at EY for over 10 years each. Both were friendly and approachable and easy to talk to as we went through my CV. The impression I got was that they were very much giving me the opportunity to try and impress and in my particular case I did this by having researched my interviewers before hand and asking them questions about their experiences and using this to develop my line of questions.

The interview rooms at Becket House are very impressive with a view of Big Ben and the Houses of parliament across the Thames and it would have been very easy to be distracted by this had it not been interview conditions.

After being successful at the first interview I had a second interview 1 on 1 with the director of the team I was to join. Again the director gave me the opportunity to talk and so either impress or shoot myself in the foot depending on my performance.

After the second interview I heard back from EY very quickly with an offer being made the next day.

Interview Question – Why EY and what I knew of the service line I was to join   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a small increase to my salary as I had already been made an offer by a couple of other practices. My advice in negotiations would be to be realistic of your position and where you stand. From EY's perspective they will explain that your salary would be judged in relation to your eperience and that of your colleagues experience and salaries. This obviously makes negotiation very difficult so I would only recommend strongly pushing for a higher pay if you have a strong alternative. From my perspective it wasn't worth losing the role at EY to push any further than I had already.

Tax Senior

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was mainly on experience and skills. Met with multiple partners who would follow-up after the interview to see where I was leaning towards. They were very proactive in trying to recruit me since I arleady had offers from different firms. You'll know if they really want you because they'll show it.

Interview Question – Went through my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came from industry which typically pays more than public. They offered me an increase so I didn't want to nit pick over a few extra dollars. You dont go into public accounting for the money but for the experience.

Tax Senior

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – When the recruiter initially contacted with the desired position, she gave details of all the contacts I would interview with shortly and follwed up promptly after each round of interview. Very professional and approchable. Since I was relocating to a new location, I had many questions and they assisted me with various services such as housing availability, transportation, cost of living and other related information. I will give them a 9 for their professional approach through my entire interview process.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in the Partner track?   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!