EY

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied through career services and was contacted from an HR recruiter about 2 weeks after telling me that I was selected for a phone interview. I had my phone interview with a manager and was then invited for an office interview.

Interview Questions
  • None really. The phone interview was behavioral and the office interview was conversational.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Through Campus interview. Then got on site interview. The pre-night was just with staff, the greeter may be presented. But no interviewers. The super day is 2 interviews and one staff panel. I am not sure whether the breakfast and lunch counts. I think the most important thing is still the 2 interviews. All behavioral and conversational. EY people are all really casual and kind!

Interview Questions
    • One of the partners think I have rich experience, so why tax? I had assurance related experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Campus recruiting. Applied through school website, then was invited to first round on-campus interview. Heard back within 2 days about an invitation of office visit. Within 3 business days they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • The 1st round interviewer was a manager, who asked all behavioral questions. Such as "You've done many community services, was there a situation when you took the lead while you were not required to?" or "tell me a situation when things were not going to the right direction, and someone in your team was not corroborative, how did you deal with it?" Very hard to involve that person into some interesting conversation besides answering BQs. In the office visit there were 2 rounds of interviews, very conversational, with one manager and one senior manager, they asked me about the 1120s I have prepared in my previous internships, and we talked about teamwork, global mindset (EY's global talent help), tax incentives, the differences between working at corporate and CPA firms, how is working environment in corporate, CPA exams, etc. Questions: "was there a time when you were less motivated?" "how did you deal with challenges/conflicts"   View Answer

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through school. Got into first round interview. All behavioral questions. Very relax, like a conversation. I thought I did good in the interview, but wasn't invited to the on site interview. Good experience though.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult communication with someone?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I went through my university's career center, attended all of their information sessions on campus, and then applied for a campus interview followed by an office interview. Get in touch with the campus recruiter as soon as possible, always great to get the conversation started early in the process.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Campus recruiting. not very hard for first interview. Basically walk through the resume be prepared when they ask the details in your resume . Asked why choose that school. Why tax? Why EY? Something like that and why transfer ? 4 questions based on your experience. Leadership. Team conflict . Difficult person you deal with. What is your interest? What is the best place u have ever been?

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging thing in your current job?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

It was a campus interview. First - a day before the interview - there was Meet and Greet where you talk to people who work there and your interviewer. Then the interview - it was very conversational. No standard behavioral questions. But I was asked to tell about one of my past positions. I got to the 2nd round in Boston - I am going there next week.

Interview Questions
    • What do I do that keeps me fluent in the other languages I speak.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

Pretty chill questions, some behavioral questions like leadership and team conflicts.
    give me an example of when you handled a situation and how you handled it.
    tell me about a time you took initiative to do something

Tax Staff Interview

On campus and office visit, 3 interviews total. Very conservational, few behavioral questions. Overall very laid back and a good experience. Only took a week to get back to me after the process. Was personally called to receive the good news

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I applied in my school career fair and got a interview to meet with a senior manager. The whole process was very smooth and it took about 30 minutes. There was no hard question, basically they went through my resume about my internship and specific skills. They asked one behavioral question.