EY Tax Staff Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Submitted the resume online (one through the school career website and one on the company website. Got the campus Interview. Mostly behavior questions. The hiring manager is nice and friendly. It is a good firm to work for. Only hired one student from my program this year.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Three interviews. One partner and two senior managers. Mix of behavioral based questions with general conversation. Lunch with a couple staff members.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if one of your coworkers wasn't pulling their load with a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Initial Interview about experience, education, other positions held

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

The first interview was on campus. Interview has two parts. The first part is 15mins pre-interview. I was interview with an manager and a senior. The second part is 30mins. There is a pre-night before the interview, including dinner and bowling. No behavior questions in the first round interview. It is more about tell me youself and go thorough the resume.

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

I was referred by an alumni.

The interview was very pleasant. They asked a lot of behavioral questions while telling me more about the position. They were open, nice and informative. They loved hearing about your plan to pursue higher training and your willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What do you expect out of your first job after graduation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

On campus recruiting event. Followed by on campus interview with manager level person. Lasted 30 minutes, a couple behavioral questions, mostly conversational. Got call back for on-site interview. There was a dinner/social event the night before interviews. The office interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews with two managers, and a director/partner. Each interview focused on different areas, one was about team work, another on technical skills, and the third was mostly about problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

I applied through campus recruiting program. First interview on campus after chatting with recruiter during mingle session. Second interview was the office visit. I interviewed with 2 partners.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Very easy interview. Why you choose Houston. Why you like EY? Why you choose tax as your concentration? There was no behavior question at all.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Went to a campus career showcase handed an E&Y member my resume and spoke with them for a few minutes. About a week and half later I received an e-mail from the campus recruiter stating that they would like to offer me an on-campus interview. Before the on-campus interview E&Y had a pre-interview dinner. The next day was the interview. The interview was a one on one interview with an E&Y partner. The interview was supposed to last 45 minutes. The partner basically looked at my resume and said that I should be hired because I had already passed all four parts of the CPA exam. He then asked me if I had any questions. I asked him questions about why he chose E&Y and what he liked about tax. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes. I felt that I might have failed the interview but the next day I received a call from the recruiter asking for an office visit. The office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner at a partner's house with about 12 other candidates applying for full time or internship positions. The office visit itself started around 8 am for an informal breakfast. After the breakfast there was a PowerPoint slide show that explained more about E&Y then we where able to ask questions about the firm to three staff members that have been at E&Y for at least two years (E&Y called this a panel). After the panel I then had three interviews one starting with a senior manager then a manager and then a partner (each lasted roughly thirty minutes). The interviews with each were very informal they were more like conversations there were no behavioral questions. After the interview one staff member and one senior manager took me out for lunch. The recruiter stated that I should hear a response about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The really did not ask me any questions. They only asked me what kind of questions did I have for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

First round interview with a senior manager and then an in house day being interviewed by three more senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • They mostly focused on conversational topics and not your typical "put you on the spot" interview questions. I was however, asked about my experiences with teamwork.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!