EY

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – No technical items whatsoever for the staff level. Purely behavioral / personality based. If they brought you in for an interview, your credentials are probably good enough - at that point, just be likeable. They'll be seeing more of you than their own family so proceed with that in mind. From my experience, if yo uget to second round, your chances of getting hired are extremely high.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular, be prepared to generate conversation if the partner/srmgr is too distracted to come up with questions.   Answer Question

Tax Staff

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied through school posting. A few weeks later received e-mail to interview over phone. Standard interview questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – Two weaknesses   Answer Question

Tax Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The office atmosphere was very positive and relaxed. The HR representatives were very helpful and nice.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Informational interview and then in-house interview

Interview Question – Nothing specific. Just reviewed resume and spoke about EY's entry level program.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – In-office interview w/ heavy senior associates and a senior manager that takes the whole afternoon. First interviewed w/ a on-campus recruiter (who was also a senior manager).

Interview Question – All very typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about yourself." "Tell me about an experience where you displayed leadership skills." etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable. Received a call the day after the interview extending an offer.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with E&Y tax Partner from Indianapolis Office for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – How many hair your greater has?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview with a Senior Manager. The interview primarily consisted of questions regarding my academic and professional experience. Following that, the manager gave me more information on the department. A few days later, I received an invitation for a second interview. The second interview was an office visit which consisted of a slightly informal panel forum, two one-on-one interviews, and a mixer with some of the leaders in the practice. The one-on-one interviews had a very relaxed and professional conversational structure. Overall, the office visit was very informative and gave all the candidates the opportunity to get to know more about the position, the department, and our future managers and co-workers. There was a very professional, yet warm energy throughout the office that drew me in.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions in my opinion.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details – Call from HR Recruiter for an interview at the NY Office. The interview consisted of a meeting with like 20 applicants and the Manager of HR Department explaining how the process would be. After the meeting we got assigned a Tax Senior Employee who was going to bring each applicant to the office of the interviewer, was a 1:1 with a PArtner and a Senior Manager, ending the day with a lunch in a local restaurant.

Interview Question – A lot of technical Questions regarding Tax Issues. A bit difficult considering the entry level position.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process started with an application for the OCI and a first interview on campus. One week later my interviewer call me back and offered me to "meet some people" in their office. 3 dates were available and I thought: "Sooner the better". Few days later I received an e-mail confirmation for this second round in their office + an invitation for a social event the evening before! The social was really fun. It was the opportunity to meet with all candidates & people with different level. The 3 office interviews: easy discussions. Come with questions and think outside the box! 10 days after the office visit I got an offer.

Interview Question – The OCI was formal: Tell me about yourself? Why Tax? How do you handle pressure at work give me an example? How did you manage a situation where you did not agree with someone? The office interviews were an opportunity to discuss about what you want to know and what you're interested in.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer totally met my expectations. I got one similar offer from another Big but did not try to negotiate as EY was my first choice anyway. It made all the difference through the overall process: HR team was proactive and very professional! I was definitely impressed by the organization and the outstanding quality of the recruiting process! Finally all the people I met with made me eager to join them. Good luck!

Charlotte, NC

I interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview with a person from HR. Invited to tour office and meet with staff. Had five more additional interviews with various levels of staff and management during the day. Had dinner with a few of the lower level staff

Interview Question – What would you bring to the office?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little wiggle room in the negotiation phase. I accepted the first offer as is traditional for first years in this role.