EY

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

The whole process is very conversational. The manager gave me info about the position and his personal development, and asked me if I have any questions. So its basically me asked questions, he answered, and I added comment to his answers.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Submitted the resume online (one through the school career website and one on the company website. Got the campus Interview. Mostly behavior questions. The hiring manager is nice and friendly. It is a good firm to work for. Only hired one student from my program this year.

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Was quick and greeters were very pleasant. Be prepared to talk about the company and also about know what is on your resume. Most of all be very personable.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question. They want to see personable people   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Three interviews. One partner and two senior managers. Mix of behavioral based questions with general conversation. Lunch with a couple staff members.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if one of your coworkers wasn't pulling their load with a project?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY in November 2013.

I was referred by an alumni.

The interview was very pleasant. They asked a lot of behavioral questions while telling me more about the position. They were open, nice and informative. They loved hearing about your plan to pursue higher training and your willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What do you expect out of your first job after graduation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

I applied through campus recruiting program. First interview on campus after chatting with recruiter during mingle session. Second interview was the office visit. I interviewed with 2 partners.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Very easy interview. Why you choose Houston. Why you like EY? Why you choose tax as your concentration? There was no behavior question at all.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Applied through campus career site and then met at accounting career fair. Had on campus interview two weeks later with a tax manager.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask as many difficult or many at all behavioral questions as I have had with other firms, but my interviewer wasn't particularly friendly either. They'll just ask you questions regarding leadership and multi tasking mostly.   View Answer

Tax Staff Interview

No technical items whatsoever for the staff level. Purely behavioral / personality based. If they brought you in for an interview, your credentials are probably good enough - at that point, just be likeable. They'll be seeing more of you than their own family so proceed with that in mind. From my experience, if yo uget to second round, your chances of getting hired are extremely high.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular, be prepared to generate conversation if the partner/srmgr is too distracted to come up with questions.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Went to a campus career showcase handed an E&Y member my resume and spoke with them for a few minutes. About a week and half later I received an e-mail from the campus recruiter stating that they would like to offer me an on-campus interview. Before the on-campus interview E&Y had a pre-interview dinner. The next day was the interview. The interview was a one on one interview with an E&Y partner. The interview was supposed to last 45 minutes. The partner basically looked at my resume and said that I should be hired because I had already passed all four parts of the CPA exam. He then asked me if I had any questions. I asked him questions about why he chose E&Y and what he liked about tax. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes. I felt that I might have failed the interview but the next day I received a call from the recruiter asking for an office visit. The office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner at a partner's house with about 12 other candidates applying for full time or internship positions. The office visit itself started around 8 am for an informal breakfast. After the breakfast there was a PowerPoint slide show that explained more about E&Y then we where able to ask questions about the firm to three staff members that have been at E&Y for at least two years (E&Y called this a panel). After the panel I then had three interviews one starting with a senior manager then a manager and then a partner (each lasted roughly thirty minutes). The interviews with each were very informal they were more like conversations there were no behavioral questions. After the interview one staff member and one senior manager took me out for lunch. The recruiter stated that I should hear a response about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The really did not ask me any questions. They only asked me what kind of questions did I have for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

On campus recruiting event. Followed by on campus interview with manager level person. Lasted 30 minutes, a couple behavioral questions, mostly conversational. Got call back for on-site interview. There was a dinner/social event the night before interviews. The office interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews with two managers, and a director/partner. Each interview focused on different areas, one was about team work, another on technical skills, and the third was mostly about problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question