EY Tax Staff Interview Questions

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Initial interview with a person from HR. Invited to tour office and meet with staff. Had five more additional interviews with various levels of staff and management during the day. Had dinner with a few of the lower level staff

Interview Questions
Very little wiggle room in the negotiation phase. I accepted the first offer as is traditional for first years in this role.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

phone screen
    in house 3 1:1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

I applied for this position via my school's career website. About one week later, I got the email from E&Y informing I would have a phone interview within the next week. They let me choose the interview time at my convenience. The interview was about 30 minimutes. Questions included: tell me about yourself, why interested in this position, how you know E&Y, tell a time where others did't agree with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Like most public accounting firms its three rounds. Grades and background is important in the first round but after it's all about the fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Applied for interview through On-Campus Recruiting. First round was one interview on campus with a partner from the tax practice. Partner spoke a majority of the time about himself. Asked 2 simple questions. Tell me about yourself and why accounting/tax. Interview took place at the end of Sept and took bout 4 weeks to hear back.

Round 2 consisted of 2 interviews at their office. Met with a senior manager and partner. Interview with partner was more laid back and more conversational rather then question after question. Interview with senior manager was a bit more intense because he seemed to be one of those guys who takes everything too serious. Majority of questions were asked based off a past internship I had. This interview took place mid Nov and got my offer 6 days after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

First on-campus interview. I applied through campus career website. It takes about half an hour. Staffs were really friendly. No technical questions during the interview but behavioral questions as just casual conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter and was then invited for an in-office visit. At the in-office interview all candidates for different positions were placed in a conference room and given some light breakfast and was given an overview of the firm. Then I had interviews with 3 different Tax professionals, I believe there was a partner, director and or manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

I did the on campus interview. The recruiter asked most of the quesitons around my resume because I had two interns on my reume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

First round was just a 1:1 interview. They treated you very nicely for the 2nd round with dinner and a fancy hotel room. You do three 1:1 interviews and they let you know in a week if you get it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in September 2009.

The interview process is long and drawn out. Not just for EY but for all of the Big 4 accounting firms. You jump through their hoops, you go to the socials, you're told how amazing you are, and then you get an email after weeks of effort saying "sorry, we don't want you" It's really a disheartening process. If you make it past the first round of interviews then you're treated quite well. I was flown out to the location and given an office tour and met quite a few people. I really like the general attitude of the people who were in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time in which you showed leadership and how that experience turned out.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase because I only have the one offer. I worry that others are getting paid more because they have better offers to fight for.