EY Tax Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter and was then invited for an in-office visit. At the in-office interview all candidates for different positions were placed in a conference room and given some light breakfast and was given an overview of the firm. Then I had interviews with 3 different Tax professionals, I believe there was a partner, director and or manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied for interview through On-Campus Recruiting. First round was one interview on campus with a partner from the tax practice. Partner spoke a majority of the time about himself. Asked 2 simple questions. Tell me about yourself and why accounting/tax. Interview took place at the end of Sept and took bout 4 weeks to hear back.

Round 2 consisted of 2 interviews at their office. Met with a senior manager and partner. Interview with partner was more laid back and more conversational rather then question after question. Interview with senior manager was a bit more intense because he seemed to be one of those guys who takes everything too serious. Majority of questions were asked based off a past internship I had. This interview took place mid Nov and got my offer 6 days after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Call from HR Recruiter for an interview at the NY Office. The interview consisted of a meeting with like 20 applicants and the Manager of HR Department explaining how the process would be. After the meeting we got assigned a Tax Senior Employee who was going to bring each applicant to the office of the interviewer, was a 1:1 with a PArtner and a Senior Manager, ending the day with a lunch in a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical Questions regarding Tax Issues. A bit difficult considering the entry level position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus recruiting. Applied through school website, then was invited to first round on-campus interview. Heard back within 2 days about an invitation of office visit. Within 3 business days they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• The 1st round interviewer was a manager, who asked all behavioral questions. Such as "You've done many community services, was there a situation when you took the lead while you were not required to?" or "tell me a situation when things were not going to the right direction, and someone in your team was not corroborative, how did you deal with it?" Very hard to involve that person into some interesting conversation besides answering BQs. In the office visit there were 2 rounds of interviews, very conversational, with one manager and one senior manager, they asked me about the 1120s I have prepared in my previous internships, and we talked about teamwork, global mindset (EY's global talent help), tax incentives, the differences between working at corporate and CPA firms, how is working environment in corporate, CPA exams, etc. Questions: "was there a time when you were less motivated?" "how did you deal with challenges/conflicts"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

got resume sent directly to partner, HR called a few days later and a few weeks and followed up with a first round interview. was two managers. following a few weeks got a partner inteview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total. 1st is on campus. 2nd is office visit. You will meet great people. Profession and personality are both important. Follow your heart and you will make it.