EY Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Started with email contact and then phone interview. I was then brought in to do an in person interview with two managers and two senior managers. Was an easy process and my skill set fit their needs so worked for both sides

Interview Questions
Phone negotiation and were willing to go up a little but not much

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Interviewed with several people over the course of 4 months. Usually the interviews were one on one. I visited the office 2 times during the interview process and had one phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • - technical questions on the relationships between the different financial statements.
      - questions on risk assessment
        Answer Question
    I had very little room for negotiations

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Submitted application through school, got the interview in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the course you have learned. What is factor analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Applied through the college recruitment website. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Lasted 30 minutes. First 10 to 15 minutes were behavioral questions, which was easy. then the last 15 minutes was a case question. be prepared

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Submitted resume through Indeed.com, but took 2 months to hear anything. Once initiated, went through 2 phone interviews based entirely on fit, followed by 2 in-office interviews. None of the questions were particularly challenging, but looked to match my experiences with the job at hand. Met one Manager, a Senior Manager, and two Partners.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in Transaction Advisory Services? As stated above, none of the questions were overwhelmingly challenging.   Answer Question
    Wasn't any room for negotiation and I admittedly had zero leverage. They had researched pay grades based on years of experience and level which they stuck to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
    Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Employer Presentation at the school wasn't very helpful for showcasing Transaction Services. As a CPA, I had a vision of TS however the position I interviewed for was more IT integration than due diligence and valuation. I was kind of caught off guard because the presentation showed TS as I know it but then the positions offered in the interviews were more IT integration and management consulting based.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss some of your experiences with integrations in your past work life.   View Answer
    • E&Y gives you a past integration that they performed and you have to be able to walk through how you would conduct the integration. Very interesting since the senior managers and partners will be doing this in reality but you get the opportunity to "interview up".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Great process - everyone I spoke with was great; there is a reason EnY is #1 in the marketplace is client service. The process was - initial recruiter (talent acquisition), TS recruiter, in-house interview. There were 2 phone interviews, and the in-house interview consisted of 3 partners and 1 senior manager in the group. The partners were incredibly lax, asked about you, and it was similar to my previous interview with a big 4 in that, after you get through the recruiters and they read over your resume, they pretty much have an idea of how smart you are, they just want to see if they can work with you. That was the case here. No killer questions from everyone, just questions about who you are and what you want to do. The senior manager asked some intense, detailed questions about my past, however, they were on-point and I was able to answer them. The culture at the company is great, people are dressed professionally, and it's similar to other professional service environments. The #1 thing you can do for this interview is be yourself, and ensure you can speak about everything on your resume. Also, be likeable.

Cons:
    Compared to other big 4 and quick interviews, the process lagged. I had to wait awhile to hear back from people on multiple instances.

Interview Questions
    They generally have a set offer and there is minimal negotiation/wiggle room; the only area you can negotiate is in the bonus / relocation area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

There were some interesting technical questions that combine math with real world financial examples. Challenging questions on recent issues/problems in the financial community.

Interview Questions
    Depending on the level you are interviewing for, you can still negotiate even if the offer is in the 10-20% higher than your current salary.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

It begins with an Excel test. basic as well as some important excel formulas are asked like Vlookup,calculating sales, percentage, sum etc. If selected, this is followed by an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Vlookup. not an important part of MBA (IT subject) course.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!