EY

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Interviewed with several people over the course of 4 months. Usually the interviews were one on one. I visited the office 2 times during the interview process and had one phone interview.

Interview Question – - technical questions on the relationships between the different financial statements.
- questions on risk assessment
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had very little room for negotiations

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application through school, got the interview in a few days.

Interview Question – Describe the course you have learned. What is factor analysis?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied through the college recruitment website. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Lasted 30 minutes. First 10 to 15 minutes were behavioral questions, which was easy. then the last 15 minutes was a case question. be prepared

Interview Question – case question   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through Indeed.com, but took 2 months to hear anything. Once initiated, went through 2 phone interviews based entirely on fit, followed by 2 in-office interviews. None of the questions were particularly challenging, but looked to match my experiences with the job at hand. Met one Manager, a Senior Manager, and two Partners.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Transaction Advisory Services? As stated above, none of the questions were overwhelmingly challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any room for negotiation and I admittedly had zero leverage. They had researched pay grades based on years of experience and level which they stuck to.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details – First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Negotiation Details – Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Employer Presentation at the school wasn't very helpful for showcasing Transaction Services. As a CPA, I had a vision of TS however the position I interviewed for was more IT integration than due diligence and valuation. I was kind of caught off guard because the presentation showed TS as I know it but then the positions offered in the interviews were more IT integration and management consulting based.

Interview Questions

• Discuss some of your experiences with integrations in your past work life.   View Answer
  • E&Y gives you a past integration that they performed and you have to be able to walk through how you would conduct the integration. Very interesting since the senior managers and partners will be doing this in reality but you get the opportunity to "interview up".   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – Great process - everyone I spoke with was great; there is a reason EnY is #1 in the marketplace is client service. The process was - initial recruiter (talent acquisition), TS recruiter, in-house interview. There were 2 phone interviews, and the in-house interview consisted of 3 partners and 1 senior manager in the group. The partners were incredibly lax, asked about you, and it was similar to my previous interview with a big 4 in that, after you get through the recruiters and they read over your resume, they pretty much have an idea of how smart you are, they just want to see if they can work with you. That was the case here. No killer questions from everyone, just questions about who you are and what you want to do. The senior manager asked some intense, detailed questions about my past, however, they were on-point and I was able to answer them. The culture at the company is great, people are dressed professionally, and it's similar to other professional service environments. The #1 thing you can do for this interview is be yourself, and ensure you can speak about everything on your resume. Also, be likeable.

Cons:
Compared to other big 4 and quick interviews, the process lagged. I had to wait awhile to hear back from people on multiple instances.

Interview Question – NA - Career specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They generally have a set offer and there is minimal negotiation/wiggle room; the only area you can negotiate is in the bonus / relocation area.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Interview Details – There were some interesting technical questions that combine math with real world financial examples. Challenging questions on recent issues/problems in the financial community.

Interview Question – Be ready for challenging behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depending on the level you are interviewing for, you can still negotiate even if the offer is in the 10-20% higher than your current salary.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – It begins with an Excel test. basic as well as some important excel formulas are asked like Vlookup,calculating sales, percentage, sum etc. If selected, this is followed by an interview.

Interview Question – Vlookup. not an important part of MBA (IT subject) course.   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Senior

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First interview: Phone call, went through my background, and experiences, some technical questions on Transactions
Second interview: Case Study, the an hour and half of questions on the answers you provided to the case study
Third interview: partner interview, pretty much fitting and looking if you fit within the team

Interview Question – Case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room. They studied the market pretty well.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Transaction Advisory Services Senior interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.