EY

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

117 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Leadership Academy Interview

Online Application - standard questions, mostly concentrated on providing examples of when you had shown good leadership skills and what more you could do to improve them

Online Testing - Numerical, Logical, Situtational Judgement, - standard and relatively easy

Once pass these stages was then invited to complete a telephone interview

Telephone Interviewer was very friendly and tries to put you at ease, unfortunately I don't think I prepared enough in advance. Again questions mostly focused on providing more detailed examples of leadership / teamwork skills and also general commercial awareness

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you read about / or learnt about something and then applied it in everyday life   Answer Question

Fraud Investigation & Disputes Graduate Programmer Interview

It is strength based interview. Asked about why EY? Why FIDS? What FIDS do? What is your greets achievement? How do you build up relationship with others? Did you meet any setbacks in the past? How did you deal with it?

Data Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

I applied online and they gave me a date and time to have a telephone interview. Straight forward and easy to set up with emails with the hiring consultants. Very professional and very helpful the recruiters from EY. The interviewer was very helpful and I enjoyed the whole process

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Online tests, interviews, assessment centre and final interview. Overall it was a very positive experience and EY were very good about giving us access to current employees to ask them questions about life there.

Audit/Assurance: Government and Public Sector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

First one to one interview- The interviewer put me at ease explaining the process/how the interview would work. It is rather rigid due to the set questions they have to ask. Be prepared to demonstrate key skills (listening, team work etc), show your career motivations and answer question about why the service line you applied to. Heard back very quickly that had been successful.
    Assessment centre- involved group task, individual task, psychometric test and director interview. The group task was about understanding how people in the group communicated and worked in a team rather than getting your company/industry chosen. The individual task involved an email and business report- seriously time pressured but good experience in what doing in day to day job. Director interview was less rigid than the first face to face interview. Questions more challenging and personalised to the individual.

Interview Questions
    • Is it important to keep your promises?
      Why auditing? What is auditing?
      Do people listen to you?
        Answer Question

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Online application, psychometric tests, this was situational first then numerical and verbal reasoning, I found EY took more days than the average company at getting back to you with results. I was invited to a face-to-face interview within a week of completing the test. The interview was competency based and really focused on past examples.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of questions to get through, and didn't ask about grades or previous results at all.   Answer Question

Actuarial: Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY.

Applied late but managed to get through to AC after a competency based interview session. Group exercise and mock project were good. Good chance to get to know employees there. However, I was not particularly keen on Actuary and this showed in the Partner interview. However, I must say that EY were brilliant throughout the process - no negatives at all. Very professional and friendly. Would still apply again!

Assistant Director Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

A lot of promises were made upfront of what the role would entail but later realised they were not practical for the team or not realistic to setup due to lack of resource/time.

Interview Questions
    • How old are you and how come such an attractive person not be married   Answer Question

Operations Lead Interview

interviewed at EY in August 2014.

Interview was ok but after a few months of keeping me warm they said they have closed the position. It was mostly focussed on past experience and competency based questions !

Transaction Advisory Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in August 2014.

Online SJT personality test, Savillie Consulting's Numerical, Verbal, Logical tests. Then face-to-face interview at the London office with a senior director from TAS. Informed about the outcome immediately after the interview. Then AC at the London office again, informed about the outcome one day later. Partner interview was held separately.