EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Program IT Integration Interview

Graduate Program IT Integration

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Applied for Graduate Program Financial Audit- IT Integration. On-line application, numerical tests, verbal tests, competency interview. Took 2 weeks to be invited to the interview. Interviewed at Glasgow office by manager of the department

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to adjust your communication style   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 2 round interview.
1- face to face with a senior manager (competence based)
2- assessment day (excel and written test, 2 partner / director interviews, group presentation)

Very professional and friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward assessment day.   Answer Question

Associate Assurance Technician Interview

Associate Assurance Technician
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The first stage was a few simple online tests, followed by a manager and a director interview. No tricky questions, just an assessment of competencies as well as motivation for the job.

Interview Question – How can I be sure that you will be as keen on this role and department in the next few years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much leeway to negotiate, a standard trainee contract from the Big 4 firm.

Direct Tax Internship Interview

Direct Tax Internship

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Initial competency-based interview. This was face-to-face at the London HQ. This was followed by an assessment centre, where I completed both group and individual excercises. There was then a final stage parter interview. Very warm and friendly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in London?   Answer Question

Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services Executive Interview

Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Referred to by an agent, asked to complete a Watson Glaser test then a first round interview with an Executive and a Manager. Interviewers asked me to go through my CV and asked some competency based questions relating to my experience.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a time where you had to work with new people on a project? What was your approach?   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Advisory Graduate Interview

Performance Improvement Advisory Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview in the london office. IT was strengths based with a few motivation questions at the end. Fairly good experience but look at what strengths ey wants in candidates.

Interview Question – Are you self aware of your own strengths and weknesses   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – One interview with management.
Lot of questions on personal life and some experience questions.

Interview Question – What was the last thing you learned   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the sound of the job.

Direct Tax Trainee Interview

Direct Tax Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – Application is straight forwards, Cover Letter was optional but I did it anyways. Filled in application form in January and was instantly invited to do psychometric tests (saville consulting). After tests it took them nearly 2 months to get back to me and I was invited face to face interview in the office I have applied for. I passed the interview but failed the assessment centre.

Interview Question – 'Do you change the way you behave when you are around different people'.   View Answer

E-discovery Associate Interview

E-discovery Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I had a telephonic interview and face to face was to be scheduled after I was successful

Interview Question – Technical questions were less more was of competitive   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview initially with a member of HR that went really well. She was really friendly and just asked me to go through my resume then asked me a few behavioral questions, such as describe a time when you had to work in a team and had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle it? I was then asked to complete a 45-minute timed writing sample via website link. She told me if that went well I would be offered to come for an in-office interview, which I was. I met with a senior member of the department I was interviewing for and someone from recruitment at the New York office. I was told to bring a copy of my transcript with me, which I offered to both people I interviewed with but they both said they didn't need it. I was told that I would hear from HR within a week the outcome. It is now weeks later and I still haven't heard back. I find this extremely inconsiderate and rude. It has given me a very bad impression of the company.

Interview Question – The case study really wasn't very difficult. I wish I'd taken their advice they gave on their website to take a few moments to plan my answers to the questions they ask. The nerves got the best of me and I answered each one immediately. I think I could've given better answers had I thought about my answers more.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!