EZPAWN

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.1

Pawnbroker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EZPAWN.

Initial communication was for postings on multiple websites. They email you to fill out online app then you wait for a reply. There was no reply after 2 weeks so I called and they said they meant to schedule an interview. 2 interviews, 1st with area office and area manager, less than an hour, personality evaluation. 2nd interview is with local store for the position with store manager. They don't have much interest so the interviews are too easy. My perception of the people is who they are. Very relaxed environment. Offices need constant cleaning because of the high volume of customers. Work culture is great, but with all companies, it varies greatly with each individual. Each store is run differently from other stores. Corporate allows managers complete control of almost everything inside of their stores Visit a few locations and you can see no 2 are the same.

Interview Questions
    • These are basic interview questions such as name the worst thing about yourself, or describe a time when you failed.   View Answer
    Everything is negociable. The employees are always having to adjust to changing circumstances.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EZPAWN in October 2013.

I was called in for a 1pm interview, Distric Manager "interviewer" was on a conference call for 2 hours, i had to wait, once i was interviewed it was a "rush" interview as the interviewer had another conference call coming up. Interviewer tried to say i was "riding un-employment" benefits until they ran out, due to me being out of work for 4 months, very unprofessional.

I couldnt see working for them due to them being unprofessional during the interview process.

Collection/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EZPAWN.

It was ok. Just know your negotiation process or collection procedure and protocols.

It was ok

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EZPAWN in June 2013.

They will drag out the process. First interview with Area Manager and HR, then another with a store manager then a 2-3 hour store 'visit' to see if you like it. Might have to travel 2-3 hours to see it live. The 2 Nashville stores aren't busy enough to give you a good feel of how the real business operates.

Interview Questions
    • All ordinary questions but might ask one simple 10% math question   Answer Question
    They offer everyone the same dollar amount regardless of experience or past salary history.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EZPAWN in May 2013.

Professional experience, multiple interviews with different level mgt.

Always negotiate

SALES and LENDINT ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at EZPAWN in January 2013.

Applied online, attended two interviews, and I'm in.

Interview Questions
    They asked I use to make a month and they offered $10-12/hr.

E-Commerce Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EZPAWN in August 2012.

Talked with the Human Resource Manager for the Houston area. Was offered the job about a week later. A extensive background check is run. Filling about the new hire paperwork was the most difficult part of the job..

No negotiation.

Lead Pawn Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online – interviewed at EZPAWN in August 2012.

I applied online. After about a week I got a call to meet with the area manager for an interview. It was pretty short. Immediately after I was given the address to a facility for a drug test. After another week I started working.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. Why you want to work there. Where you worked before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EZPAWN in June 2011.

Expect two to three interviews followed by usual drug screen. Etc You will interview with area manager and hr separately or together possibly with regional director of operations which usually have no real idea how pawn business works. Expect it to take them weeks too months to finish all your new hire training paper work training and pay they promises you.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen? And what would you do if you caught your employees stealing( they literally think everyone is stealing from them). Reality it's a generic store manager interview substitute pawn for all the normal questions. I think they literally take it from googles best interview questions.   View Answer

Offered way too little money for what they expected. Way under normal industry salary and poor bonuses and raise opportunities!

Certified Lead Pawnbroker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EZPAWN in September 2010.

Hiring process takes about 1 to 2 weeks, up to 3 interviews. Really reasonable, common sense questions. I only had one interview, then i had to go do training for 5 days at the main headquarter office.

Interview Questions
    • To me there was no unexpected question, but one which was What would you do if you find one of your employees stealing from the company?   View Answer