Earth Fare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales
Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2012.

Interview Details – Trying to get a job was difficult, because they get a lot of applications. The hiring manager is super helpful if he thinks you'd make a good addition. He asks you to call in regularly for any opening and he'll schedule you for interviews with every opening if you want it.

The interviews are simple and straight forward. Whatever dept. you interview for the manager from that one with interview you. This is pretty much the only interview.

The questions vary per manager, but they are all straight forward and simple. A few typical questions but most of them are relevant and realistic. They ask about your experience with their dept and with the store itself.

Interview Question – Some of the managers have a final pop quiz style question, one asked for a joke, another asked to tell them something special about yourself. They aren't difficult if you can think fast.   Answer Question

Various Positions Interview

Various Positions
Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare in December 2010.

Interview Details – I moved to Asheville without a job but with a lot of specialty and natural foods retail experience and hope for a higher quality of life. I decided on Earth Fare or Greenlife. Earth Fare was my first choice and I set my mind on getting a position there. Anyway, I turned in the standard application and wrote a follow-up email to the store's general email a few days later. It just so happened that the upcoming Sunday "Meet and Greet" (a meeting between the Personal Manager and new applicants) was cancelled, so I opted to write the follow-up email in hopes of scoring a personal interview instead of waiting another week for the next meeting.
  After receiving the reply to my email I went in for a written interview (questionnaire) that Monday. The written interview progressed into an impromptu interview. The interview was very pleasant and open. A few days later I had an interview with the department manager. This interview went well. I was then asked back for a third interview with the department manager and assistant manager. My background and references were checked and I accepted a position two days after my last interview.
  I'd advise any potential applicant to know what they want and be honest with their experience. In an interview you need to be completely comfortable with who you are and what skills you have. Maximize your work experience with positivity throughout the interview process. Don't be nervous! If you are content with what you bring to the table, there is no reason to be nervous. Don't play the part of potential employee, just be yourself and hope for the best!

Interview Question – Specific questions about the use of particular ingredients.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I offered a wage I thought was fair for my given experience, maybe a bit high. I accepted a lower wage but I was fine with that. Fulltime employment includes FULL benefits amoung other great perks. The compny is in a phase of great expansion and the oppotunities for advancement are quite possible. Given the benefits, awesome work environment and the location, I am very pleased with my new position!

Food Services Assistant Manager Interview

Food Services Assistant Manager
Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare in June 2010.

Interview Details – The Food Services Manager asked me to explain a little about myself and why I chose Earth Fare as a potential employer. There was a few questions about my responsibilities at previous work experiences. I was shown around the area that I would be responsible for, and then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Question – There weren't really any hard questions. I was asked why I chose Earth Fare. Then I was asked what my responsibilities were with a restaurant I last worked with because it was a food service job I was being interviewed for.   View Answer

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!