Earth Fare Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

1.5

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist and contacted the store manager. He asked me to email my resume to him and the recruiter. I got a call that day to set up an interview with the recruiter. I was asked about 5 questions if that, and then we set up the interview with the store manager. That interview was 3 questions and the rest was the sm telling me what my job responsibilities would consist of. I interviewed with 3 more people. The longest was with the district manager. I received a call from the store manager at 9:30 am asking if I was available at 11 for an interview. I told him 11 was cutting it close, but I would do my best to make it. The interview with the dm lasted 1.5 hours, but it was mainly me listening to him talk about differences in retail.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions as there really were not that many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and my schedule. However, upon hire, my schedule promises were not kept and still are not kept. If you are hired without an application having been filled out, make sure that you put what you want to work on that application and be specific. Even if you negotiated at the time of interview, and you filled out your app after being hired and just nonchalantly put any availability on everyday since it was already negotiated, the company takes that app as a binding and legal document. AND you can't change your availability upon hire if you're not well-liked. If you are, then the company will work with you on it.

Other Interview Reviews for Earth Fare

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Cleveland, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I was originally a clerk in the department, and the original manager was transferred to another location. Myself and one other employee applied for the position, and I got it after 1 interview. I had more experience in the department as a whole.

Interview Questions

• describe a scenario when you've dealt with an irate customer, and tell us how you handled it. did the customer leave happy?   Answer Question