Earth Fare

Very Easy Interview

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in January 2012.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on Craigslist and contacted the store manager. He asked me to email my resume to him and the recruiter. I got a call that day to set up an interview with the recruiter. I was asked about 5 questions if that, and then we set up the interview with the store manager. That interview was 3 questions and the rest was the sm telling me what my job responsibilities would consist of. I interviewed with 3 more people. The longest was with the district manager. I received a call from the store manager at 9:30 am asking if I was available at 11 for an interview. I told him 11 was cutting it close, but I would do my best to make it. The interview with the dm lasted 1.5 hours, but it was mainly me listening to him talk about differences in retail.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions as there really were not that many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and my schedule. However, upon hire, my schedule promises were not kept and still are not kept. If you are hired without an application having been filled out, make sure that you put what you want to work on that application and be specific. Even if you negotiated at the time of interview, and you filled out your app after being hired and just nonchalantly put any availability on everyday since it was already negotiated, the company takes that app as a binding and legal document. AND you can't change your availability upon hire if you're not well-liked. If you are, then the company will work with you on it.

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!