Earth Fare Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Dairy Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2014.

I was told I had the job, but they said legally they had to post it first. My store manager said I didn't even need to apply. I started training for the position for about 3 weeks and then randomly one of the cashiers asked me what I thought about the new dairy buyer's "white power" tattoos. I first asked why they hired somebody with racist tattoos, they said that as long as they stay coverd up and he works hard , they don't care. Secondly I asked why I was told i had the spot, and why did they hire somebody else, they said I didn't apply for it on the team member site and denied telling me not to and said that I didn't sign anything. Wow.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel comfortable going along with procedures that you don't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Are you alright with working 10 or more hours off the clock?   Answer Question
    • What happens in the office stays in the office. Right?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in West Asheville, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in June 2012.

Since the company has changed significantly since my first interviews, it is hard to say what it's like now. I was recently interviewed for a different position within the same company, and the interview was essentially the interviewers asking me in many different ways why exactly I thought I was the best candidate and what exactly made me think that.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above, the most difficult questions were those detailing specifically why I would be the best choice.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2010.

Earth Fare misplaced my first two applications. I filled out a third and stayed while it was reviewed. Interviewed with front-end manager. Called back and interviewed with 2 dept heads and store mgr. After gratuitous joking and unconventional questioning, one dept head asked the manager what they should pay me by jotting on paper and holding it for him to see. He agreed, walked off, she told me that was the highest starting pay they allow.

Interview Questions
    After describing my background of 2 decades in food service, specializing in customer care, and teaching others about refrigeration and cross-contamination, I believed what they told me, I didn't try to negotiate anything. Three weeks later i was training a new young man in the deli when he told me his pay rate, which was 25 cents more per hour than i make. When i asked about it, I was told to be patient, don't worry about what others make. He was immediately terminated. My advice would be to be a male, no experience necessary.

Health and Beauty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in August 2008.

first i interviewed with the manager and then a second interview with the front end manager

Interview Questions
    they have a starting pay and a pay scale you can work up to

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare in December 2010.

I moved to Asheville without a job but with a lot of specialty and natural foods retail experience and hope for a higher quality of life. I decided on Earth Fare or Greenlife. Earth Fare was my first choice and I set my mind on getting a position there. Anyway, I turned in the standard application and wrote a follow-up email to the store's general email a few days later. It just so happened that the upcoming Sunday "Meet and Greet" (a meeting between the Personal Manager and new applicants) was cancelled, so I opted to write the follow-up email in hopes of scoring a personal interview instead of waiting another week for the next meeting.
      After receiving the reply to my email I went in for a written interview (questionnaire) that Monday. The written interview progressed into an impromptu interview. The interview was very pleasant and open. A few days later I had an interview with the department manager. This interview went well. I was then asked back for a third interview with the department manager and assistant manager. My background and references were checked and I accepted a position two days after my last interview.
      I'd advise any potential applicant to know what they want and be honest with their experience. In an interview you need to be completely comfortable with who you are and what skills you have. Maximize your work experience with positivity throughout the interview process. Don't be nervous! If you are content with what you bring to the table, there is no reason to be nervous. Don't play the part of potential employee, just be yourself and hope for the best!

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about the use of particular ingredients.   Answer Question
    I offered a wage I thought was fair for my given experience, maybe a bit high. I accepted a lower wage but I was fine with that. Fulltime employment includes FULL benefits amoung other great perks. The compny is in a phase of great expansion and the oppotunities for advancement are quite possible. Given the benefits, awesome work environment and the location, I am very pleased with my new position!

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in November 2009.

I applied online when I found out Earth Fare was coming to my city. Within a few days, a recruiter called me and we had a small interview over the phone. She informed me that they were coming to Chattanooga to hold a job fair and set up a time for me to meet with them. I interviewed with two people, they asked me a lot of detailed questions, and then they asked me to take an Athena Quotient Test (basically a personality test). After that, they instructed me to wait in the lobby until the store manager and assistant store manager where available for a second interview. I interviewed with them and they made me an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with a manager's decision or company policy.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate. I was just happy to get an offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare.

The interview was held in the public cafe area of the store. Nothing unexpected. A few scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected....How do you feel about greeting each customer?   Answer Question

Retail Applications Specialist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Earth Fare.

The interview process was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in the corporate arena. The two directors were warm, friendly, and well versed in their communication with me. I found the entire process to be non-intimidating and conversational.

I knew immediately that I wanted to work for the company and more specifically these two directors.

Interview Questions
    • Earth Fare conducts a personality survey through an online survey. This thing was the most bizarre questionnaire I've EVER encountered.   Answer Question
    Negotiation with Earth Fare was not an option. They have a specific salary cap in place and can not go over it.

Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interviewed with store manager with immediate follow-up with district manager. The people of the company were fair and honest and treated others with respect.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for a higher salary. This company pays below the industry norm.

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview.
    Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about an event that you put together.
      Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events.
      What do you know about our company?
      What questions do you have for us?
        View Answer

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!