Earth Fare

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Community Relations Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview.
Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.
Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about an event that you put together.
Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events.
What do you know about our company?
What questions do you have for us?
  View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – The interview was held in the public cafe area of the store. Nothing unexpected. A few scenario questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected....How do you feel about greeting each customer?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
West Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in June 2012.

Interview Details – Since the company has changed significantly since my first interviews, it is hard to say what it's like now. I was recently interviewed for a different position within the same company, and the interview was essentially the interviewers asking me in many different ways why exactly I thought I was the best candidate and what exactly made me think that.

Interview Question – As stated above, the most difficult questions were those detailing specifically why I would be the best choice.   Answer Question

Produce Manager Interview

Produce Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager with immediate follow-up with district manager. The people of the company were fair and honest and treated others with respect.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for a higher salary. This company pays below the industry norm.

Various Positions Interview

Various Positions
Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare in December 2010.

Interview Details – I moved to Asheville without a job but with a lot of specialty and natural foods retail experience and hope for a higher quality of life. I decided on Earth Fare or Greenlife. Earth Fare was my first choice and I set my mind on getting a position there. Anyway, I turned in the standard application and wrote a follow-up email to the store's general email a few days later. It just so happened that the upcoming Sunday "Meet and Greet" (a meeting between the Personal Manager and new applicants) was cancelled, so I opted to write the follow-up email in hopes of scoring a personal interview instead of waiting another week for the next meeting.
  After receiving the reply to my email I went in for a written interview (questionnaire) that Monday. The written interview progressed into an impromptu interview. The interview was very pleasant and open. A few days later I had an interview with the department manager. This interview went well. I was then asked back for a third interview with the department manager and assistant manager. My background and references were checked and I accepted a position two days after my last interview.
  I'd advise any potential applicant to know what they want and be honest with their experience. In an interview you need to be completely comfortable with who you are and what skills you have. Maximize your work experience with positivity throughout the interview process. Don't be nervous! If you are content with what you bring to the table, there is no reason to be nervous. Don't play the part of potential employee, just be yourself and hope for the best!

Interview Question – Specific questions about the use of particular ingredients.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I offered a wage I thought was fair for my given experience, maybe a bit high. I accepted a lower wage but I was fine with that. Fulltime employment includes FULL benefits amoung other great perks. The compny is in a phase of great expansion and the oppotunities for advancement are quite possible. Given the benefits, awesome work environment and the location, I am very pleased with my new position!

Bookkeeper Interview

Bookkeeper
Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online when I found out Earth Fare was coming to my city. Within a few days, a recruiter called me and we had a small interview over the phone. She informed me that they were coming to Chattanooga to hold a job fair and set up a time for me to meet with them. I interviewed with two people, they asked me a lot of detailed questions, and then they asked me to take an Athena Quotient Test (basically a personality test). After that, they instructed me to wait in the lobby until the store manager and assistant store manager where available for a second interview. I interviewed with them and they made me an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you disagreed with a manager's decision or company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate. I was just happy to get an offer.

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2010.

Interview Details – Earth Fare misplaced my first two applications. I filled out a third and stayed while it was reviewed. Interviewed with front-end manager. Called back and interviewed with 2 dept heads and store mgr. After gratuitous joking and unconventional questioning, one dept head asked the manager what they should pay me by jotting on paper and holding it for him to see. He agreed, walked off, she told me that was the highest starting pay they allow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – After describing my background of 2 decades in food service, specializing in customer care, and teaching others about refrigeration and cross-contamination, I believed what they told me, I didn't try to negotiate anything. Three weeks later i was training a new young man in the deli when he told me his pay rate, which was 25 cents more per hour than i make. When i asked about it, I was told to be patient, don't worry about what others make. He was immediately terminated. My advice would be to be a male, no experience necessary.

Health and Beauty Interview

Health and Beauty
Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in August 2008.

Interview Details – first i interviewed with the manager and then a second interview with the front end manager

Interview Question – where do i want to be in 10 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they have a starting pay and a pay scale you can work up to

Retail Applications Specialist Interview

Retail Applications Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – The interview process was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in the corporate arena. The two directors were warm, friendly, and well versed in their communication with me. I found the entire process to be non-intimidating and conversational.

I knew immediately that I wanted to work for the company and more specifically these two directors.

Interview Question – Earth Fare conducts a personality survey through an online survey. This thing was the most bizarre questionnaire I've EVER encountered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation with Earth Fare was not an option. They have a specific salary cap in place and can not go over it.

Wellness Clerk Interview

Wellness Clerk
Carmel, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2013.

Interview Details – I learned of the Job Fair from a friend. The Job Fair was held at hotel in Carmel, IN. You walk in and the person greeting each applicant, was warm and friendly. Each person is asked, ' how did you hear about the company?" Next you indicate on a sign-in sheet: your name, email address, phone number, zip code and how you heard about the company. You are then escorted to an area to complete a four-paged application. Once that is completed you're directed to a lap top to complete The Athena Quotient (AQ) Personality Test Assessment. This test takes approximately 15-20 minutes. The process was very organized and efficient. Next is the interview process which lasted approximately 12-15 minutes. After the interview I was given a form letter thanking me for applying and on the backside indicating that if I was being considered for employment the documents I would need to present. Upon receiving that letter I was given a warm handshake and left the interview.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work part-time?   View Answer

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!