Earth Fare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.3

Dairy Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Carmel, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was told I had the job, but they said legally they had to post it first. My store manager said I didn't even need to apply. I started training for the position for about 3 weeks and then randomly one of the cashiers asked me what I thought about the new dairy buyer's "white power" tattoos. I first asked why they hired somebody with racist tattoos, they said that as long as they stay coverd up and he works hard , they don't care. Secondly I asked why I was told i had the spot, and why did they hire somebody else, they said I didn't apply for it on the team member site and denied telling me not to and said that I didn't sign anything. Wow.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable going along with procedures that you don't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Are you alright with working 10 or more hours off the clock?   Answer Question
    • What happens in the office stays in the office. Right?   Answer Question

Meat Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The company isn't willing to place you in a position based on your work experience, they want you to take a position a lot lower. This company is only looking for soldiers. You can't be a person who can think.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in the corporate arena. The two directors were warm, friendly, and well versed in their communication with me. I found the entire process to be non-intimidating and conversational. I knew immediately that I wanted to work for the company and more specifically these two directors.

Interview Questions

• Earth Fare conducts a personality survey through an online survey. This thing was the most bizarre questionnaire I've EVER encountered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation with Earth Fare was not an option. They have a specific salary cap in place and can not go over it.

Kitchen Prep Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

Earth Fare requires that you first check online for job availability, fill out the application, print it out, and bring it into the store. For me, this was a nice change of pace to the routine online job applications of which I had been filling out dozens. When I went into the store to turn in the application, the fellow at the customer service desk was friendly and delivered my application straight to the manager. Because they were currently taking on many new positions and had been interviewing candidates all day, the two managers decided to immediately interview me. They were friendly and kind, and seemed to care about what I was saying. Ultimately I was called back within an hour and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite recipe? What is your favorite product in the store?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare in March 2012.

Interview

I had a total of three separate interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary except unless you personally know someone already working there and in good standing it is almost impossible to get an interview. HR and general manager are very particular when hiring and try to be certain that all new hires will be a good match and able the exemplify the points of Earth Fare's mission and declaration. They are also certain to look for people who are passionate and dedicated to customer service.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

a few questions over the phone how did I find them, what was my background, why Earthfare. Am I legal to work here? Do i know about organic foods ...

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was short, and easy. Simple questions. Walked into job fare. Was interview by a computer.. Then a human. Two hours later, I was employed with a full time job. They seemed to like to hire unique employees. We're very laid back.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in retail? Employment gaps, why? What do you plan on getting out of this job?   Answer Question

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview. Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about an event that you put together. Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events. What do you know about our company? What questions do you have for us?   1 Answer

Food Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare in August 2012.

Interview

short interview process. knowing what i know now managers hate the interview process because their is such a tremendous workload put on them. I had only 1 interview. All interviews are conducted publicly in the dining area which i feel is not a good policy.

Interview Questions

• why do you shop at earth fare?   1 Answer

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

I moved to Asheville without a job but with a lot of specialty and natural foods retail experience and hope for a higher quality of life. I decided on Earth Fare or Greenlife. Earth Fare was my first choice and I set my mind on getting a position there. Anyway, I turned in the standard application and wrote a follow-up email to the store's general email a few days later. It just so happened that the upcoming Sunday "Meet and Greet" (a meeting between the Personal Manager and new applicants) was cancelled, so I opted to write the follow-up email in hopes of scoring a personal interview instead of waiting another week for the next meeting. After receiving the reply to my email I went in for a written interview (questionnaire) that Monday. The written interview progressed into an impromptu interview. The interview was very pleasant and open. A few days later I had an interview with the department manager. This interview went well. I was then asked back for a third interview with the department manager and assistant manager. My background and references were checked and I accepted a position two days after my last interview. I'd advise any potential applicant to know what they want and be honest with their experience. In an interview you need to be completely comfortable with who you are and what skills you have. Maximize your work experience with positivity throughout the interview process. Don't be nervous! If you are content with what you bring to the table, there is no reason to be nervous. Don't play the part of potential employee, just be yourself and hope for the best!

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the use of particular ingredients.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I offered a wage I thought was fair for my given experience, maybe a bit high. I accepted a lower wage but I was fine with that. Fulltime employment includes FULL benefits amoung other great perks. The compny is in a phase of great expansion and the oppotunities for advancement are quite possible. Given the benefits, awesome work environment and the location, I am very pleased with my new position!