Earth Fare

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews

Hourly Employee Interview

Interviewed at Earth Fare

Interview Details – Very casual. I sent in my Resume and weeks later was called in about an interview. At the interview I was greeted by the Store manager and asked to fill out an application, then I was asked a few questions. After the Interview, weeks later, I was called.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here, how do you feel you will fit?   Answer Question

Assistant Food Service Manager Interview

Assistant Food Service Manager

Interviewed at Earth Fare

Interview Details – The hiring process and interview was quite pleasant. What I didn't know about the company
beforehand, was how ruthless they were. The interviewer acted very happy but found out
later, it was just a show. Discussed the hours and I was told you never get over 8 hours daily.

Interview Question – Can you work straight for 23 hours?   Answer Question

Meat Cutter Interview

Meat Cutter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot during job fair for opening. Just came off of a 2 year apprenticeship.

Interview Question – wasnt hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was 40 hours, with possibility to move up.

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial "interview" with the Store Manager. He asked me 3 questions, and then proceeded to tell me what my expectations/duties would be. It lasted about 45 min.s of mainly him talking. I was then told I would get a phone call from a recruiter. He asked me a couple of questions that I expected, and that was that. I was then told I would receive a call from the front end specialist. I spoke with her and another lady. They asked me about 3 questions as well, and we then laughed through the rest of it getting to know each other. I was then called at 9 am that Friday asking if I could be there at 11am for an interview with the dm. I said I would try to make it as the drive was a bit far and I had not really gotten up yet. I was told to wear jeans, not a dress like my initial interview with the store manager. I arrived early and then waited for an hour as the dm was running late. The dm, the sm, and I sat and chatted really for about 2 hours-it wasn't really an interview. I was called that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as there were not that many questions to begin with in all of that "interviewing".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations went well, but what we negotiated did not pan out upon being hired as far as hours, days, flexibility, etc.

Food Service Interview

Food Service
Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in March 2012.

Interview Details – Put in an application, and within a few days, received a call for an interview. I was pretty much offered an interview because a friend of mine who worked there referred me (that's basically how everyone gets a job there. They know someone.). Interview process was informal. Food service manager took one look at my application, knew who I was based on the info provided to her by my friend, and she offered me a job that day. No questions.

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions. If you know someone who works there, you basically have the job. Their turnover is too high. They have to accept pretty much everyone who applies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't negotiate. They don't value education or experience. If you have a Ph.D., you'll be making minimum wage like the employee without a high school diploma.

Dishwasher Interview

Auburn, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was called one day while running errands. The manager wanted me to come in to talk for a minute. I stopped by and talked and he said the only opening was dishwasher but I could move around if I got in. He said he liked me and decided to take a chance on me so that was it. He offered $8.50 per hour to start.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work for a health oriented store?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in January 2012.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on Craigslist and contacted the store manager. He asked me to email my resume to him and the recruiter. I got a call that day to set up an interview with the recruiter. I was asked about 5 questions if that, and then we set up the interview with the store manager. That interview was 3 questions and the rest was the sm telling me what my job responsibilities would consist of. I interviewed with 3 more people. The longest was with the district manager. I received a call from the store manager at 9:30 am asking if I was available at 11 for an interview. I told him 11 was cutting it close, but I would do my best to make it. The interview with the dm lasted 1.5 hours, but it was mainly me listening to him talk about differences in retail.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions as there really were not that many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and my schedule. However, upon hire, my schedule promises were not kept and still are not kept. If you are hired without an application having been filled out, make sure that you put what you want to work on that application and be specific. Even if you negotiated at the time of interview, and you filled out your app after being hired and just nonchalantly put any availability on everyday since it was already negotiated, the company takes that app as a binding and legal document. AND you can't change your availability upon hire if you're not well-liked. If you are, then the company will work with you on it.

Sales Interview

Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2012.

Interview Details – Trying to get a job was difficult, because they get a lot of applications. The hiring manager is super helpful if he thinks you'd make a good addition. He asks you to call in regularly for any opening and he'll schedule you for interviews with every opening if you want it.

The interviews are simple and straight forward. Whatever dept. you interview for the manager from that one with interview you. This is pretty much the only interview.

The questions vary per manager, but they are all straight forward and simple. A few typical questions but most of them are relevant and realistic. They ask about your experience with their dept and with the store itself.

Interview Question – Some of the managers have a final pop quiz style question, one asked for a joke, another asked to tell them something special about yourself. They aren't difficult if you can think fast.   Answer Question

Produce Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2011.

Interview Details – Saw an ad on Craigslist for meat department and then deli help. I applied for both and was persistent that I wanted to work at Earth Fare. I didn't get either position, but the kitchen manager put in a good word for me with the produce manager and they asked me in for an interview.. Interview with the store manager and department manager was a few days later. Hired.

Interview Question – Kowledge of kumquats.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A little. Walmart salary structure was a minimum, but Produce at Earth Fare is the lowest paid entry point in the company.

Food Services Assistant Manager Interview

Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare in June 2010.

Interview Details – The Food Services Manager asked me to explain a little about myself and why I chose Earth Fare as a potential employer. There was a few questions about my responsibilities at previous work experiences. I was shown around the area that I would be responsible for, and then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Question – There weren't really any hard questions. I was asked why I chose Earth Fare. Then I was asked what my responsibilities were with a restaurant I last worked with because it was a food service job I was being interviewed for.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Earth Fare interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Earth Fare employees and interview candidates.