Earth Fare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Assistant Food Service Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process and interview was quite pleasant. What I didn't know about the company
    beforehand, was how ruthless they were. The interviewer acted very happy but found out
    later, it was just a show. Discussed the hours and I was told you never get over 8 hours daily.

Hourly Employee Interview

Interview

Very casual. I sent in my Resume and weeks later was called in about an interview. At the interview I was greeted by the Store manager and asked to fill out an application, then I was asked a few questions. After the Interview, weeks later, I was called.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, how do you feel you will fit?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Earth Fare (Auburn, AL).

Interview

Very informal. Basically, if you're at the interview you pretty much have the job. I've seen people come in basically their pajamas ( or what looks like it ) and still get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk, Meat and Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Earth Fare (Johnson City, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

I put in application with the food service manager and bakery manager, had an interview that day, and was hired for juice bar/ deli position after a second interview with store manager, however these were not the positions I was hoping to be put into. It was a very misleading process.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Earth Fare (Auburn, AL) in March 2011.

Interview

I was called one day while running errands. The manager wanted me to come in to talk for a minute. I stopped by and talked and he said the only opening was dishwasher but I could move around if I got in. He said he liked me and decided to take a chance on me so that was it. He offered $8.50 per hour to start.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Earth Fare (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist and contacted the store manager. He asked me to email my resume to him and the recruiter. I got a call that day to set up an interview with the recruiter. I was asked about 5 questions if that, and then we set up the interview with the store manager. That interview was 3 questions and the rest was the sm telling me what my job responsibilities would consist of. I interviewed with 3 more people. The longest was with the district manager. I received a call from the store manager at 9:30 am asking if I was available at 11 for an interview. I told him 11 was cutting it close, but I would do my best to make it. The interview with the dm lasted 1.5 hours, but it was mainly me listening to him talk about differences in retail.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions as there really were not that many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and my schedule. However, upon hire, my schedule promises were not kept and still are not kept. If you are hired without an application having been filled out, make sure that you put what you want to work on that application and be specific. Even if you negotiated at the time of interview, and you filled out your app after being hired and just nonchalantly put any availability on everyday since it was already negotiated, the company takes that app as a binding and legal document. AND you can't change your availability upon hire if you're not well-liked. If you are, then the company will work with you on it.

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

Hired on the spot during job fair for opening. Just came off of a 2 year apprenticeship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was 40 hours, with possibility to move up.

Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Earth Fare (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I had an initial "interview" with the Store Manager. He asked me 3 questions, and then proceeded to tell me what my expectations/duties would be. It lasted about 45 min.s of mainly him talking. I was then told I would get a phone call from a recruiter. He asked me a couple of questions that I expected, and that was that. I was then told I would receive a call from the front end specialist. I spoke with her and another lady. They asked me about 3 questions as well, and we then laughed through the rest of it getting to know each other. I was then called at 9 am that Friday asking if I could be there at 11am for an interview with the dm. I said I would try to make it as the drive was a bit far and I had not really gotten up yet. I was told to wear jeans, not a dress like my initial interview with the store manager. I arrived early and then waited for an hour as the dm was running late. The dm, the sm, and I sat and chatted really for about 2 hours-it wasn't really an interview. I was called that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions as there were not that many questions to begin with in all of that "interviewing".   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiations went well, but what we negotiated did not pan out upon being hired as far as hours, days, flexibility, etc.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Earth Fare (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Put in an application, and within a few days, received a call for an interview. I was pretty much offered an interview because a friend of mine who worked there referred me (that's basically how everyone gets a job there. They know someone.). Interview process was informal. Food service manager took one look at my application, knew who I was based on the info provided to her by my friend, and she offered me a job that day. No questions.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions. If you know someone who works there, you basically have the job. Their turnover is too high. They have to accept pretty much everyone who applies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate. They don't value education or experience. If you have a Ph.D., you'll be making minimum wage like the employee without a high school diploma.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Trying to get a job was difficult, because they get a lot of applications. The hiring manager is super helpful if he thinks you'd make a good addition. He asks you to call in regularly for any opening and he'll schedule you for interviews with every opening if you want it.

The interviews are simple and straight forward. Whatever dept. you interview for the manager from that one with interview you. This is pretty much the only interview.

The questions vary per manager, but they are all straight forward and simple. A few typical questions but most of them are relevant and realistic. They ask about your experience with their dept and with the store itself.

Interview Questions

• Some of the managers have a final pop quiz style question, one asked for a joke, another asked to tell them something special about yourself. They aren't difficult if you can think fast.   Answer Question