Earth Fare

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews

Hourly Employee Interview

Interviewed at Earth Fare

Interview Details – Very casual. I sent in my Resume and weeks later was called in about an interview. At the interview I was greeted by the Store manager and asked to fill out an application, then I was asked a few questions. After the Interview, weeks later, I was called.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here, how do you feel you will fit?   Answer Question

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview.
Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.
Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about an event that you put together.
Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events.
What do you know about our company?
What questions do you have for us?
  View Answer

Food Service Interview

Food Service
Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Earth Fare in March 2012.

Interview Details – Put in an application, and within a few days, received a call for an interview. I was pretty much offered an interview because a friend of mine who worked there referred me (that's basically how everyone gets a job there. They know someone.). Interview process was informal. Food service manager took one look at my application, knew who I was based on the info provided to her by my friend, and she offered me a job that day. No questions.

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions. If you know someone who works there, you basically have the job. Their turnover is too high. They have to accept pretty much everyone who applies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't negotiate. They don't value education or experience. If you have a Ph.D., you'll be making minimum wage like the employee without a high school diploma.

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial "interview" with the Store Manager. He asked me 3 questions, and then proceeded to tell me what my expectations/duties would be. It lasted about 45 min.s of mainly him talking. I was then told I would get a phone call from a recruiter. He asked me a couple of questions that I expected, and that was that. I was then told I would receive a call from the front end specialist. I spoke with her and another lady. They asked me about 3 questions as well, and we then laughed through the rest of it getting to know each other. I was then called at 9 am that Friday asking if I could be there at 11am for an interview with the dm. I said I would try to make it as the drive was a bit far and I had not really gotten up yet. I was told to wear jeans, not a dress like my initial interview with the store manager. I arrived early and then waited for an hour as the dm was running late. The dm, the sm, and I sat and chatted really for about 2 hours-it wasn't really an interview. I was called that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as there were not that many questions to begin with in all of that "interviewing".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations went well, but what we negotiated did not pan out upon being hired as far as hours, days, flexibility, etc.

Meat Cutter Interview

Meat Cutter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot during job fair for opening. Just came off of a 2 year apprenticeship.

Interview Question – wasnt hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was 40 hours, with possibility to move up.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – The interview was held in the public cafe area of the store. Nothing unexpected. A few scenario questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected....How do you feel about greeting each customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Food Service Manager Interview

Assistant Food Service Manager

Interviewed at Earth Fare

Interview Details – The hiring process and interview was quite pleasant. What I didn't know about the company
beforehand, was how ruthless they were. The interviewer acted very happy but found out
later, it was just a show. Discussed the hours and I was told you never get over 8 hours daily.

Interview Question – Can you work straight for 23 hours?   Answer Question

Wellness Clerk Interview

Wellness Clerk
Carmel, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2013.

Interview Details – I learned of the Job Fair from a friend. The Job Fair was held at hotel in Carmel, IN. You walk in and the person greeting each applicant, was warm and friendly. Each person is asked, ' how did you hear about the company?" Next you indicate on a sign-in sheet: your name, email address, phone number, zip code and how you heard about the company. You are then escorted to an area to complete a four-paged application. Once that is completed you're directed to a lap top to complete The Athena Quotient (AQ) Personality Test Assessment. This test takes approximately 15-20 minutes. The process was very organized and efficient. Next is the interview process which lasted approximately 12-15 minutes. After the interview I was given a form letter thanking me for applying and on the backside indicating that if I was being considered for employment the documents I would need to present. Upon receiving that letter I was given a warm handshake and left the interview.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work part-time?   View Answer

Produce Manager Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager with immediate follow-up with district manager. The people of the company were fair and honest and treated others with respect.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for a higher salary. This company pays below the industry norm.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Earth Fare in January 2012.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on Craigslist and contacted the store manager. He asked me to email my resume to him and the recruiter. I got a call that day to set up an interview with the recruiter. I was asked about 5 questions if that, and then we set up the interview with the store manager. That interview was 3 questions and the rest was the sm telling me what my job responsibilities would consist of. I interviewed with 3 more people. The longest was with the district manager. I received a call from the store manager at 9:30 am asking if I was available at 11 for an interview. I told him 11 was cutting it close, but I would do my best to make it. The interview with the dm lasted 1.5 hours, but it was mainly me listening to him talk about differences in retail.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions as there really were not that many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and my schedule. However, upon hire, my schedule promises were not kept and still are not kept. If you are hired without an application having been filled out, make sure that you put what you want to work on that application and be specific. Even if you negotiated at the time of interview, and you filled out your app after being hired and just nonchalantly put any availability on everyday since it was already negotiated, the company takes that app as a binding and legal document. AND you can't change your availability upon hire if you're not well-liked. If you are, then the company will work with you on it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Earth Fare interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Earth Fare employees and interview candidates.