Earth Fare Team Member Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Earth Fare in May 2010.

Earth Fare misplaced my first two applications. I filled out a third and stayed while it was reviewed. Interviewed with front-end manager. Called back and interviewed with 2 dept heads and store mgr. After gratuitous joking and unconventional questioning, one dept head asked the manager what they should pay me by jotting on paper and holding it for him to see. He agreed, walked off, she told me that was the highest starting pay they allow.

Interview Questions
After describing my background of 2 decades in food service, specializing in customer care, and teaching others about refrigeration and cross-contamination, I believed what they told me, I didn't try to negotiate anything. Three weeks later i was training a new young man in the deli when he told me his pay rate, which was 25 cents more per hour than i make. When i asked about it, I was told to be patient, don't worry about what others make. He was immediately terminated. My advice would be to be a male, no experience necessary.

Worked for Earth Fare? Contribute to the Community!