EarthLink

2.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EarthLink.

First I was contacted by a recruiter. That part was an easy 15 min conversation. Then I met with the hiring manager. It felt like someone was reading from a script during the interview process. Then I was hired. They also did no drug test, which seemed odd.

Interview Questions
  • There were non really. Trying to get a job working fast food probably has more difficult questions. This within itself sent a lot of red flags.   View Answer
It had taken 2-3 weeks. They dramatically tried to low ball me. But, I would recommend to anyone to stick to their guns while negotiating salary here. Management are desperate to get good talent and they have lack great negotiating skills.

Other Interview Reviews for EarthLink

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EarthLink in September 2012.

After applying online the company recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. It was a 20 min conversation explaining about the company then she asked only why I am looking to leave my current job and why I would like to work for Earthlink. Right after that she e-mail me setting a personal interview with the sales manager. Most of the questions were kind of technical about their products and after that he was trying to scare me or maybe showing how hard is the job. Talking about this is not a 9-5 job, there is a lot of cold calling, rejection and if I don't reach my goal I would be fired in a few months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EarthLink in July 2012.

I had a decent phone screen with the Recruiter. I then made it to a F2F meeting with the Hiring Manager. Much of the time was spent with him talking and he acknowledged that. After I asked him some questions, we agreed that I would work on a 30/60/90 plan for my potential territory. I was to take a few days to work on it and he would send me a list of my potential accounts. I believe that the interview was on a Wednesday and that I would follow up with him by Monday. So...I was definitely moving forward with another conversation with him and that is how we left the interview. Surprisingly, I received an email from their Recruiting department the next day stating that they had filled the position with someone that was more qualified. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't too impressed with the opportunity and wasn't surprised that I wasn't the most qualified. I was shocked at the Hiring Manager's commitment to my moving forward in the evaluation process only to be told otherwise the next day. This was one of the least professional interviews that I've had and would not consider working for or with Earthlink again. If you are in Sales, stay away from Earthlink. I couldn't imagine having to trust them with commissions!

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall but most questions were fairly basic and not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EarthLink in March 2012.

3 interviews, 1 phone and 2 face to face including last with Regional VP. I was told to send my references to the Branch Manager. She never called any of them, and never contacted me with any status. Weeks of e-mails and voicemails went unreturned. I spoke to HR a month later and was informed that an offer was made to another candidate. The management was absolutely classless and no business acumen or courtesy whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • How will you be able to sustain a full pipeline of prospects over the long run?   Answer Question
    • What are the biggest assets you can bring to this office?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EarthLink in March 2011.

If you're sure actually want to work for this company (I think you should just walk away) make sure you actually know about the company and what they do. Three interviews, HR, hiring manager, and sales manager. General sales and experience questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The usual, not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EarthLink in April 2010.

Phone interview with recruiter followed by a 1:1 interview with office manager, followed by phone interview with district manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EarthLink in January 2010.

I had a lot of situational questions. This is a job where you have to create your own business, they have to make sure you know how to do that. SO have a good 30-60-90 day plan ready as soon as you understand the position enough. How do you run organize and run you day? How have you meet a challenge in the past, give specific examples. What is your biggest fault?

Interview Questions
    • How do you run organize and run you day? How have you meet a challenge in the past, give specific examples. What is your biggest fault?   Answer Question
    I didnt not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EarthLink in August 2009.

several phone interviews, personality tests, in person interviews

negotions were negligible

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EarthLink in October 2011.

2 Interviews. looking for highly motivated individuals.

No negotiation