EarthLink

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EarthLink in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had a decent phone screen with the Recruiter. I then made it to a F2F meeting with the Hiring Manager. Much of the time was spent with him talking and he acknowledged that. After I asked him some questions, we agreed that I would work on a 30/60/90 plan for my potential territory. I was to take a few days to work on it and he would send me a list of my potential accounts. I believe that the interview was on a Wednesday and that I would follow up with him by Monday. So...I was definitely moving forward with another conversation with him and that is how we left the interview. Surprisingly, I received an email from their Recruiting department the next day stating that they had filled the position with someone that was more qualified. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't too impressed with the opportunity and wasn't surprised that I wasn't the most qualified. I was shocked at the Hiring Manager's commitment to my moving forward in the evaluation process only to be told otherwise the next day. This was one of the least professional interviews that I've had and would not consider working for or with Earthlink again. If you are in Sales, stay away from Earthlink. I couldn't imagine having to trust them with commissions!

Interview Question – I don't recall but most questions were fairly basic and not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EarthLink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EarthLink interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by EarthLink employees and interview candidates.