EarthLink Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.5

Business Development Representative Interview

Internal posting. I was referred by the hiring manager to apply for the positon. I met with him and another manager., Based on previous work history with the company, it was not a very hard interview. They were familar with my work.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EarthLink.

I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an in person interview. I had a short interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called back for a second interview with two upper managers. The interviews were very casual, nothing technical. There was lots of discussion about the culture of the team, trying to make sure that the new hire wouldn't be offended by the loud, boisterous office environment.

Interview Questions
    • Will you have any problem getting to work?   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EarthLink.

1.) After applying 1 month earlier, a recruiter followed up with me and held an initial pre-screen interview.
    2.) Received follow up within 1 week where the recruiter pressed for salary requirements and other expectations...I did not give a firm salary requirement at this stage.
    3.) Within 10 days after this, the recruiter then provided me with a study assignment that included a case study for a potential prospect. Using this information, I then was scheduled to call in to a "prospect" (EarthLink Engineer) and pitch a technical solution based on products I was able to research on EarthLink's website.
    4.) Within days after this step, the recruiter referred me for in-person interview with the Branch Manager.
    5.) After the in-person interview with the BM (1 week passed), the recruiter followed up to schedule a second interview with the BM who wanted to have me meet with the Regional Director.
    6.) Within 1 week after this interview, I received a verbal offer for the position from the BM. Negotiation on salary was smooth and expected. My request was approved/met within 1 week and I was provided an offer in writing pending a background check.
    Total time from application to written offer: 12 Weeks

Interview Questions
    • Step #3 from above...role play scenario with EarthLink Engineer.   View Answer
    Do not let salary become a roadblock if the recruiter raises this topic in the initial screening. After the late round interview with the hiring manager and after the verbal offer conversation starts, give a realistic expectation on salary.

IT Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

I was contacted by an HR rep for my initial interview. I was then contacted by a senior HR rep. Finally I had a face-to-face interview with my current boss. I was notified via email with an offer letter containing salary and contact info.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question was expected salary. I didn't want to throw out an astronomical number but also not a low ball number either. Of course this is always the case no matter the company.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rye, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EarthLink in December 2013.

Several Interviews with the Regional Director and final phone interview with VP of sales

Interview Questions
    • None really all too difficult, just asked for a go to market strategy for first 6 months at Earthlink.   View Answer

Director of Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

~ 3 phone calls, 2 in person. In the short time I interviewed with them, I could see the horrible atmosphere that their sales people get. I was waiting to get into the office and could hear how one of the Directors spoke to the HR person in the office about me. I almost felt like saying "Ummm I can hear you..." I ran for the hills after that....you do not want to work for this company, at least not under the current management

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. A few technical about colo/cloud/and networks. Mainly all around how I would hit my sales quota.   View Answer

Management was a joke.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at EarthLink.

Initial communication via email, telephonic interview and personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • High level technical questions end to end data flow and overall architecture.   View Answer
    Better know about salary range for the position and negotiate to your need and knowledge

Senior Sales Executive Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EarthLink in March 2013.

2 phone interviews and one face to face and the offer was in my hand within a couple days. It started with their recruiter, then a face to face with the hiring manager and finally with the hiring managers boss.

Interview Questions
    I thought the offer was fare and accepted

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

First I was contacted by a recruiter. That part was an easy 15 min conversation. Then I met with the hiring manager. It felt like someone was reading from a script during the interview process. Then I was hired. They also did no drug test, which seemed odd.

Interview Questions
    • There were non really. Trying to get a job working fast food probably has more difficult questions. This within itself sent a lot of red flags.   View Answer
    It had taken 2-3 weeks. They dramatically tried to low ball me. But, I would recommend to anyone to stick to their guns while negotiating salary here. Management are desperate to get good talent and they have lack great negotiating skills.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at EarthLink in September 2012.

After applying online the company recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. It was a 20 min conversation explaining about the company then she asked only why I am looking to leave my current job and why I would like to work for Earthlink. Right after that she e-mail me setting a personal interview with the sales manager. Most of the questions were kind of technical about their products and after that he was trying to scare me or maybe showing how hard is the job. Talking about this is not a 9-5 job, there is a lot of cold calling, rejection and if I don't reach my goal I would be fired in a few months.

Interview Questions

Worked for EarthLink? Contribute to the Community!