EarthLink Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.5

Business Development Representative Interview

Internal posting. I was referred by the hiring manager to apply for the positon. I met with him and another manager., Based on previous work history with the company, it was not a very hard interview. They were familar with my work.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EarthLink in January 2010.

I had a lot of situational questions. This is a job where you have to create your own business, they have to make sure you know how to do that. SO have a good 30-60-90 day plan ready as soon as you understand the position enough. How do you run organize and run you day? How have you meet a challenge in the past, give specific examples. What is your biggest fault?

Interview Questions
    • How do you run organize and run you day? How have you meet a challenge in the past, give specific examples. What is your biggest fault?   Answer Question
    I didnt not negotiate.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EarthLink.

I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an in person interview. I had a short interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called back for a second interview with two upper managers. The interviews were very casual, nothing technical. There was lots of discussion about the culture of the team, trying to make sure that the new hire wouldn't be offended by the loud, boisterous office environment.

Interview Questions
    • Will you have any problem getting to work?   View Answer

Field Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EarthLink in February 2010.

got a call on day one from a person in HR. Day 2 the manager called we did an over the phone interview. day 4 we meet in person went over the benefits day 7 i was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • how do you think Earthlink is different than other CLEC's   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EarthLink.

1.) After applying 1 month earlier, a recruiter followed up with me and held an initial pre-screen interview.
    2.) Received follow up within 1 week where the recruiter pressed for salary requirements and other expectations...I did not give a firm salary requirement at this stage.
    3.) Within 10 days after this, the recruiter then provided me with a study assignment that included a case study for a potential prospect. Using this information, I then was scheduled to call in to a "prospect" (EarthLink Engineer) and pitch a technical solution based on products I was able to research on EarthLink's website.
    4.) Within days after this step, the recruiter referred me for in-person interview with the Branch Manager.
    5.) After the in-person interview with the BM (1 week passed), the recruiter followed up to schedule a second interview with the BM who wanted to have me meet with the Regional Director.
    6.) Within 1 week after this interview, I received a verbal offer for the position from the BM. Negotiation on salary was smooth and expected. My request was approved/met within 1 week and I was provided an offer in writing pending a background check.
    Total time from application to written offer: 12 Weeks

Interview Questions
    • Step #3 from above...role play scenario with EarthLink Engineer.   View Answer
    Do not let salary become a roadblock if the recruiter raises this topic in the initial screening. After the late round interview with the hiring manager and after the verbal offer conversation starts, give a realistic expectation on salary.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rye, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EarthLink in December 2013.

Several Interviews with the Regional Director and final phone interview with VP of sales

Interview Questions
    • None really all too difficult, just asked for a go to market strategy for first 6 months at Earthlink.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at EarthLink in May 2012.

You were required to submit a business plan for making the territory its quota on paper before being hired. Later I realized this request was made by the existing branch manager to be used for his owner purposes in communication with the Director of Sales and this was a common practice used by certain managers.

Interview Questions
    • Putting together a business plan based on very little raw data like average deal size, quotas, and territory growth plan.   View Answer

IT Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

I was contacted by an HR rep for my initial interview. I was then contacted by a senior HR rep. Finally I had a face-to-face interview with my current boss. I was notified via email with an offer letter containing salary and contact info.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question was expected salary. I didn't want to throw out an astronomical number but also not a low ball number either. Of course this is always the case no matter the company.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executive Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EarthLink in March 2013.

2 phone interviews and one face to face and the offer was in my hand within a couple days. It started with their recruiter, then a face to face with the hiring manager and finally with the hiring managers boss.

Interview Questions
    I thought the offer was fare and accepted

Director of Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

~ 3 phone calls, 2 in person. In the short time I interviewed with them, I could see the horrible atmosphere that their sales people get. I was waiting to get into the office and could hear how one of the Directors spoke to the HR person in the office about me. I almost felt like saying "Ummm I can hear you..." I ran for the hills after that....you do not want to work for this company, at least not under the current management

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. A few technical about colo/cloud/and networks. Mainly all around how I would hit my sales quota.   View Answer

Management was a joke.

Worked for EarthLink? Contribute to the Community!