EarthLink Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview

I was suggested to apply for an internship to this company and to send my resume and cover letter to one of the employees. After, I talked to a different mid level employee over the phone who informed me that I could start whenever. It was not as much of an interview as it was a Q&A session for the both of us to figure out when I wanted to start working, how much I was going to get paid, and how long each day I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any traditional interview questions. The questions were along the lines of "when is a good time for you to start?"   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview

There was a phone interview from corp. HR, followed by an in-person interview with the direct supervisor then a 2nd in-person interview with the supervisor and manager. Entire process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more technical based. If you have CCNA knowledge, you'll do just fine.   Answer Question

Service Activation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EarthLink (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

interview with the direct supervisor, then phone interview with the hiring manager. they reviewed the job descriptions and qualifications for this position. I described my job experience with the various data bases and switches I've worked in in the repair organization.

Interview Questions

• have experience in 5ESS switches   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview

Starts with phone interview - pretty easy, than interview with the manager - typical sales questions and asks knowledge of industry, then talk to a HR manager. I was told what the job was but then in a few weeks the job changed and then again and again so was not very impressed on what I thought I was signing up for.

NOC Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was over the phone and the second was in person. Took a written test and a verbal troubleshooting test. The interview was easy. They made me feel really comfortable. I interviewed in person with three people but in a relaxed setting. Took about 3 weeks before they called with the offer and was another 4 weeks before I started.

Interview Questions

• Questions were voice related, SIP, SBC ACME controllers, basic networking troubleshooting question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated. They accepted my offer. Simple.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone screen, face to face with hiring manager, then rotation through the company with several leaders such as the VP of strategy, VP customer support, and a few other managers. Had to take a skills test which involved doing an analysis excercise on a data set of call center numbers. Had to show that i could do graphs and provide insights on the data set.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I could deliver or design a bonus structure or bonus plan for their customer support agents. what would the plan look like, the elements, and how would you implement.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I counter offered twice because I had another job offer that paid more. The second counter offer was declined and the HR guy said the department didn't have budget to go more, but offered extra vacation and pointed out they had a tuition reimbursement plan. He met me halfway on my salary request and I accepted.

Interview

Internal posting. I was referred by the hiring manager to apply for the positon. I met with him and another manager., Based on previous work history with the company, it was not a very hard interview. They were familar with my work.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview

I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an in person interview. I had a short interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called back for a second interview with two upper managers. The interviews were very casual, nothing technical. There was lots of discussion about the culture of the team, trying to make sure that the new hire wouldn't be offended by the loud, boisterous office environment.

Interview Questions

• Will you have any problem getting to work?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview

1.) After applying 1 month earlier, a recruiter followed up with me and held an initial pre-screen interview. 2.) Received follow up within 1 week where the recruiter pressed for salary requirements and other expectations...I did not give a firm salary requirement at this stage. 3.) Within 10 days after this, the recruiter then provided me with a study assignment that included a case study for a potential prospect. Using this information, I then was scheduled to call in to a "prospect" (EarthLink Engineer) and pitch a technical solution based on products I was able to research on EarthLink's website. 4.) Within days after this step, the recruiter referred me for in-person interview with the Branch Manager. 5.) After the in-person interview with the BM (1 week passed), the recruiter followed up to schedule a second interview with the BM who wanted to have me meet with the Regional Director. 6.) Within 1 week after this interview, I received a verbal offer for the position from the BM. Negotiation on salary was smooth and expected. My request was approved/met within 1 week and I was provided an offer in writing pending a background check. Total time from application to written offer: 12 Weeks

Interview Questions

• Step #3 from above...role play scenario with EarthLink Engineer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not let salary become a roadblock if the recruiter raises this topic in the initial screening. After the late round interview with the hiring manager and after the verbal offer conversation starts, give a realistic expectation on salary.

IT Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep for my initial interview. I was then contacted by a senior HR rep. Finally I had a face-to-face interview with my current boss. I was notified via email with an offer letter containing salary and contact info.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question was expected salary. I didn't want to throw out an astronomical number but also not a low ball number either. Of course this is always the case no matter the company.   Answer Question