EarthLink

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview Details – I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an in person interview. I had a short interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called back for a second interview with two upper managers. The interviews were very casual, nothing technical. There was lots of discussion about the culture of the team, trying to make sure that the new hire wouldn't be offended by the loud, boisterous office environment.

Interview Question – Will you have any problem getting to work?   View Answer

Field Tech Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EarthLink in February 2010.

Interview Details – got a call on day one from a person in HR. Day 2 the manager called we did an over the phone interview. day 4 we meet in person went over the benefits day 7 i was given an offer letter.

Interview Question – how do you think Earthlink is different than other CLEC's   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview Details – 1.) After applying 1 month earlier, a recruiter followed up with me and held an initial pre-screen interview.
2.) Received follow up within 1 week where the recruiter pressed for salary requirements and other expectations...I did not give a firm salary requirement at this stage.
3.) Within 10 days after this, the recruiter then provided me with a study assignment that included a case study for a potential prospect. Using this information, I then was scheduled to call in to a "prospect" (EarthLink Engineer) and pitch a technical solution based on products I was able to research on EarthLink's website.
4.) Within days after this step, the recruiter referred me for in-person interview with the Branch Manager.
5.) After the in-person interview with the BM (1 week passed), the recruiter followed up to schedule a second interview with the BM who wanted to have me meet with the Regional Director.
6.) Within 1 week after this interview, I received a verbal offer for the position from the BM. Negotiation on salary was smooth and expected. My request was approved/met within 1 week and I was provided an offer in writing pending a background check.
Total time from application to written offer: 12 Weeks

Interview Question – Step #3 from above...role play scenario with EarthLink Engineer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not let salary become a roadblock if the recruiter raises this topic in the initial screening. After the late round interview with the hiring manager and after the verbal offer conversation starts, give a realistic expectation on salary.

District Manager Interview

Rye, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EarthLink in December 2013.

Interview Details – Several Interviews with the Regional Director and final phone interview with VP of sales

Interview Question – None really all too difficult, just asked for a go to market strategy for first 6 months at Earthlink.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at EarthLink in May 2012.

Interview Details – You were required to submit a business plan for making the territory its quota on paper before being hired. Later I realized this request was made by the existing branch manager to be used for his owner purposes in communication with the Director of Sales and this was a common practice used by certain managers.

Interview Question – Putting together a business plan based on very little raw data like average deal size, quotas, and territory growth plan.   View Answer

IT Operations Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR rep for my initial interview. I was then contacted by a senior HR rep. Finally I had a face-to-face interview with my current boss. I was notified via email with an offer letter containing salary and contact info.

Interview Question – The toughest question was expected salary. I didn't want to throw out an astronomical number but also not a low ball number either. Of course this is always the case no matter the company.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executive Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EarthLink in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and one face to face and the offer was in my hand within a couple days. It started with their recruiter, then a face to face with the hiring manager and finally with the hiring managers boss.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I thought the offer was fare and accepted

Director of Accounts Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview Details – ~ 3 phone calls, 2 in person. In the short time I interviewed with them, I could see the horrible atmosphere that their sales people get. I was waiting to get into the office and could hear how one of the Directors spoke to the HR person in the office about me. I almost felt like saying "Ummm I can hear you..." I ran for the hills after that....you do not want to work for this company, at least not under the current management

Interview Question – no difficult questions. A few technical about colo/cloud/and networks. Mainly all around how I would hit my sales quota.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Management was a joke.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview Details – Initial communication via email, telephonic interview and personal interview.

Interview Question – High level technical questions end to end data flow and overall architecture.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Better know about salary range for the position and negotiate to your need and knowledge

Very Easy Interview

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EarthLink in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy process. Interviewed with branch manager after being contacted by a recruiter. Next step was talking with the Director. Offered position within a week

Interview Question – Tell me a fairy tale   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not accept offer if you are in sales

Interviews for Top Jobs at EarthLink

Worked for EarthLink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EarthLink interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by EarthLink employees and interview candidates.