EarthLink

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.5

NOC Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EarthLink.

Two interviews. The first was over the phone and the second was in person. Took a written test and a verbal troubleshooting test. The interview was easy. They made me feel really comfortable. I interviewed in person with three people but in a relaxed setting. Took about 3 weeks before they called with the offer and was another 4 weeks before I started.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were voice related, SIP, SBC ACME controllers, basic networking troubleshooting question.   Answer Question
    Negotiated. They accepted my offer. Simple.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EarthLink.

Phone screen, face to face with hiring manager, then rotation through the company with several leaders such as the VP of strategy, VP customer support, and a few other managers. Had to take a skills test which involved doing an analysis excercise on a data set of call center numbers. Had to show that i could do graphs and provide insights on the data set.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I could deliver or design a bonus structure or bonus plan for their customer support agents. what would the plan look like, the elements, and how would you implement.   View Answer
    I counter offered twice because I had another job offer that paid more. The second counter offer was declined and the HR guy said the department didn't have budget to go more, but offered extra vacation and pointed out they had a tuition reimbursement plan. He met me halfway on my salary request and I accepted.

Business Development Representative Interview

Internal posting. I was referred by the hiring manager to apply for the positon. I met with him and another manager., Based on previous work history with the company, it was not a very hard interview. They were familar with my work.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EarthLink.

I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule an in person interview. I had a short interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called back for a second interview with two upper managers. The interviews were very casual, nothing technical. There was lots of discussion about the culture of the team, trying to make sure that the new hire wouldn't be offended by the loud, boisterous office environment.

Interview Questions
    • Will you have any problem getting to work?   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EarthLink.

1.) After applying 1 month earlier, a recruiter followed up with me and held an initial pre-screen interview.
    2.) Received follow up within 1 week where the recruiter pressed for salary requirements and other expectations...I did not give a firm salary requirement at this stage.
    3.) Within 10 days after this, the recruiter then provided me with a study assignment that included a case study for a potential prospect. Using this information, I then was scheduled to call in to a "prospect" (EarthLink Engineer) and pitch a technical solution based on products I was able to research on EarthLink's website.
    4.) Within days after this step, the recruiter referred me for in-person interview with the Branch Manager.
    5.) After the in-person interview with the BM (1 week passed), the recruiter followed up to schedule a second interview with the BM who wanted to have me meet with the Regional Director.
    6.) Within 1 week after this interview, I received a verbal offer for the position from the BM. Negotiation on salary was smooth and expected. My request was approved/met within 1 week and I was provided an offer in writing pending a background check.
    Total time from application to written offer: 12 Weeks

Interview Questions
    • Step #3 from above...role play scenario with EarthLink Engineer.   View Answer
    Do not let salary become a roadblock if the recruiter raises this topic in the initial screening. After the late round interview with the hiring manager and after the verbal offer conversation starts, give a realistic expectation on salary.

IT Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EarthLink.

I was contacted by an HR rep for my initial interview. I was then contacted by a senior HR rep. Finally I had a face-to-face interview with my current boss. I was notified via email with an offer letter containing salary and contact info.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question was expected salary. I didn't want to throw out an astronomical number but also not a low ball number either. Of course this is always the case no matter the company.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EarthLink in December 2013.

Several Interviews with the Regional Director and final phone interview with VP of sales

Interview Questions
    • None really all too difficult, just asked for a go to market strategy for first 6 months at Earthlink.   View Answer

Director of Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EarthLink.

~ 3 phone calls, 2 in person. In the short time I interviewed with them, I could see the horrible atmosphere that their sales people get. I was waiting to get into the office and could hear how one of the Directors spoke to the HR person in the office about me. I almost felt like saying "Ummm I can hear you..." I ran for the hills after that....you do not want to work for this company, at least not under the current management

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. A few technical about colo/cloud/and networks. Mainly all around how I would hit my sales quota.   View Answer

Management was a joke.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at EarthLink.

Initial communication via email, telephonic interview and personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • High level technical questions end to end data flow and overall architecture.   View Answer
    Better know about salary range for the position and negotiate to your need and knowledge

Senior Sales Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EarthLink in March 2013.

2 phone interviews and one face to face and the offer was in my hand within a couple days. It started with their recruiter, then a face to face with the hiring manager and finally with the hiring managers boss.

Interview Questions
    I thought the offer was fare and accepted