EarthLink

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview Details – Initial communication via email, telephonic interview and personal interview.

Interview Question – High level technical questions end to end data flow and overall architecture.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Better know about salary range for the position and negotiate to your need and knowledge

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EarthLink in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy process. Interviewed with branch manager after being contacted by a recruiter. Next step was talking with the Director. Offered position within a week

Interview Question – Tell me a fairy tale   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not accept offer if you are in sales

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at EarthLink in September 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online the company recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. It was a 20 min conversation explaining about the company then she asked only why I am looking to leave my current job and why I would like to work for Earthlink. Right after that she e-mail me setting a personal interview with the sales manager. Most of the questions were kind of technical about their products and after that he was trying to scare me or maybe showing how hard is the job. Talking about this is not a 9-5 job, there is a lot of cold calling, rejection and if I don't reach my goal I would be fired in a few months.

Interview Question – What is a T1?   Answer Question

Tech Support Tier III Interview

Tech Support Tier III
Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EarthLink in January 2008.

Interview Details – they ask you questions and you answer them accordingly.

Interview Question – Why did you dress so well for this interview? You are a little over dressed.   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EarthLink in September 2008.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then in-person interview with manager and two developers.

Interview Question – Nothing special, pretty generic interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EarthLink.

Interview Details – First I was contacted by a recruiter. That part was an easy 15 min conversation. Then I met with the hiring manager. It felt like someone was reading from a script during the interview process. Then I was hired. They also did no drug test, which seemed odd.

Interview Question – There were non really. Trying to get a job working fast food probably has more difficult questions. This within itself sent a lot of red flags.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It had taken 2-3 weeks. They dramatically tried to low ball me. But, I would recommend to anyone to stick to their guns while negotiating salary here. Management are desperate to get good talent and they have lack great negotiating skills.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EarthLink in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had a decent phone screen with the Recruiter. I then made it to a F2F meeting with the Hiring Manager. Much of the time was spent with him talking and he acknowledged that. After I asked him some questions, we agreed that I would work on a 30/60/90 plan for my potential territory. I was to take a few days to work on it and he would send me a list of my potential accounts. I believe that the interview was on a Wednesday and that I would follow up with him by Monday. So...I was definitely moving forward with another conversation with him and that is how we left the interview. Surprisingly, I received an email from their Recruiting department the next day stating that they had filled the position with someone that was more qualified. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't too impressed with the opportunity and wasn't surprised that I wasn't the most qualified. I was shocked at the Hiring Manager's commitment to my moving forward in the evaluation process only to be told otherwise the next day. This was one of the least professional interviews that I've had and would not consider working for or with Earthlink again. If you are in Sales, stay away from Earthlink. I couldn't imagine having to trust them with commissions!

Interview Question – I don't recall but most questions were fairly basic and not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Brentwood, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EarthLink in March 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, 1 phone and 2 face to face including last with Regional VP. I was told to send my references to the Branch Manager. She never called any of them, and never contacted me with any status. Weeks of e-mails and voicemails went unreturned. I spoke to HR a month later and was informed that an offer was made to another candidate. The management was absolutely classless and no business acumen or courtesy whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to sustain a full pipeline of prospects over the long run?   Answer Question
  • What are the biggest assets you can bring to this office?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Rochester, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EarthLink in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was good simple phone interview to begin with. Then a 1:1 interview with 2 upper management employees. Good questions nice atmosphere.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with uppermanagement and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered another position. Also scared of the financial future of One Comm.

Appleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EarthLink in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter followed by a 1:1 interview with office manager, followed by phone interview with district manager

Interview Question – What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question