EarthLink Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.4

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EarthLink (Rye, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Several Interviews with the Regional Director and final phone interview with VP of sales

Interview Questions

• None really all too difficult, just asked for a go to market strategy for first 6 months at Earthlink.   1 Answer

Director of Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EarthLink (Miami, FL).

Interview

~ 3 phone calls, 2 in person. In the short time I interviewed with them, I could see the horrible atmosphere that their sales people get. I was waiting to get into the office and could hear how one of the Directors spoke to the HR person in the office about me. I almost felt like saying "Ummm I can hear you..." I ran for the hills after that....you do not want to work for this company, at least not under the current management

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions. A few technical about colo/cloud/and networks. Mainly all around how I would hit my sales quota.   1 Answer

Management was a joke.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EarthLink (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Initial communication via email, telephonic interview and personal interview.

Interview Questions

• High level technical questions end to end data flow and overall architecture.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Better know about salary range for the position and negotiate to your need and knowledge

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EarthLink in March 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one face to face and the offer was in my hand within a couple days. It started with their recruiter, then a face to face with the hiring manager and finally with the hiring managers boss.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I thought the offer was fare and accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EarthLink (Rochester, NY).

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter. That part was an easy 15 min conversation. Then I met with the hiring manager. It felt like someone was reading from a script during the interview process. Then I was hired. They also did no drug test, which seemed odd.

Interview Questions

• There were non really. Trying to get a job working fast food probably has more difficult questions. This within itself sent a lot of red flags.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It had taken 2-3 weeks. They dramatically tried to low ball me. But, I would recommend to anyone to stick to their guns while negotiating salary here. Management are desperate to get good talent and they have lack great negotiating skills.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EarthLink (Miami, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

After applying online the company recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. It was a 20 min conversation explaining about the company then she asked only why I am looking to leave my current job and why I would like to work for Earthlink. Right after that she e-mail me setting a personal interview with the sales manager. Most of the questions were kind of technical about their products and after that he was trying to scare me or maybe showing how hard is the job. Talking about this is not a 9-5 job, there is a lot of cold calling, rejection and if I don't reach my goal I would be fired in a few months.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EarthLink (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a decent phone screen with the Recruiter. I then made it to a F2F meeting with the Hiring Manager. Much of the time was spent with him talking and he acknowledged that. After I asked him some questions, we agreed that I would work on a 30/60/90 plan for my potential territory. I was to take a few days to work on it and he would send me a list of my potential accounts. I believe that the interview was on a Wednesday and that I would follow up with him by Monday. So...I was definitely moving forward with another conversation with him and that is how we left the interview. Surprisingly, I received an email from their Recruiting department the next day stating that they had filled the position with someone that was more qualified. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't too impressed with the opportunity and wasn't surprised that I wasn't the most qualified. I was shocked at the Hiring Manager's commitment to my moving forward in the evaluation process only to be told otherwise the next day. This was one of the least professional interviews that I've had and would not consider working for or with Earthlink again. If you are in Sales, stay away from Earthlink. I couldn't imagine having to trust them with commissions!

Interview Questions

• I don't recall but most questions were fairly basic and not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EarthLink in May 2012.

Interview

Easy process. Interviewed with branch manager after being contacted by a recruiter. Next step was talking with the Director. Offered position within a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not accept offer if you are in sales

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at EarthLink (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

You were required to submit a business plan for making the territory its quota on paper before being hired. Later I realized this request was made by the existing branch manager to be used for his owner purposes in communication with the Director of Sales and this was a common practice used by certain managers.

Interview Questions

• Putting together a business plan based on very little raw data like average deal size, quotas, and territory growth plan.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EarthLink (Brentwood, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

3 interviews, 1 phone and 2 face to face including last with Regional VP. I was told to send my references to the Branch Manager. She never called any of them, and never contacted me with any status. Weeks of e-mails and voicemails went unreturned. I spoke to HR a month later and was informed that an offer was made to another candidate. The management was absolutely classless and no business acumen or courtesy whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to sustain a full pipeline of prospects over the long run?   Answer Question
    • What are the biggest assets you can bring to this office?   Answer Question