East Bay Regional Park District Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.2

Administrative Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at East Bay Regional Park District.

Interview

The process started by filling out a question and answer application online. The next step was a written exam including; math, statistics, analytical/logic, grammar, and interpersonal office questions. I then proceeded to a 25 minute panel interview with 4 staff. One HR, and two related departments to the openings, and a union observer. I am waiting to hear back about which hiring pool I will be in and even being in the top pool does not guarantee a next interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult, just a standard 9 question set they asked everyone.

What was the most difficult administrative task you have undertaken?
      What was the most difficult analytical task you have undertaken?
      How do you manage priorities?
      When was a time you worked in a team?
      When was a time you did a research report?
      Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at East Bay Regional Park District.

Interview

The jobs here vary a lot so some interviews will have additional components such as different skills testing. In my case there were three parts. First a written test. Second a panel interview. This is typically the hiring manager, an HR manager, an outside colleague like it could be a similar department's manager from EBMUD etc, and a union representative who just observes, if it's a union job. The third part was a second interview with a different manager and a guest, and demonstrating some of the skills.

Interview Questions

• Posed a customer service complaint type of question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are applying for a union represented job there is no room for negotiation. Everything is set in stone including time off and starting wages. The only thing you might be able to negotiate is your starting date.

Regional Park Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at East Bay Regional Park District (Oakland, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process involved two on-phone interviews, mostly discussing why I was interested and whether or not I was qualified (able to work outdoors and unsupervised, etc). There were no in-person interviews. The process was fairly simple and straightforward. I heard back about the job after a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall any really difficult questions... "How much do you know about native and invasive species?"   Answer Question

Wildlife Intern (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at East Bay Regional Park District (Oakland, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There is an online application process that from there they narrow candidates down to the top 20 by HR. These 20 individuals then get cut down the top 12 by the project supervisor. The top 12 are all interviewed by the project supervisor. You are going to need a prepared writing sample to bring into the interview - they'll let you know what on. During the interview you will be expected to answer questions about your experience, pick up a couple items - one to make sure you can handle the weight and one to test how you'd pick up a trap, ID some animals, talk your way through how you would create an Excel graph, etc.

When Doc Quack is interviewing you, before beginning he lets you look at all the questions that he will be asking. Take a minute and a deep breath, make sure you look over them all because he will ask them you all.

I found that the process went really quick from this point. The day after my interview I was offered the position. I then had to go into HQ to fill out the hiring paperwork, then go up the EBRPD PD office to get fingerprinted and have a background check.

Some tips for the interview: dress appropriately, read through the internship description and make sure you can ID the species that were listed there (you'll have to know others for the interview but this shows you cared enough to look them up), don't have any crazy colored hair or facial piercings, etc.

Interview Questions

• The practical portion of the interview was the hardest part - so be sure you are comfortable IDing species. It's ok if you can't ID them all, but shoot for getting 10 of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Summer Project Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at East Bay Regional Park District (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Just a one-time interview with the project manager, they may put you to another project according to your preference of the application. Your most wanted one may not be the one you finally get.

Interview Questions

• Not hard. Basic conversation, more like a behavior interview, be a little prepared you would be fine. Hw, the position is very limited. Not sure, how they screen...   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at East Bay Regional Park District in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for a full-time position for a Secretary back in January. I have a full-time job - I was looking for advancement. The application was really long with numerous supplemental questions. Took me a couple of hours to complete. 3 months later, I was invited to a written test. This was almost literally, a GRE test that had next to nothing to do with the position. It took 2 hours. Then I was invited to a 3-person panel interview scheduled the following month. The position they interviewed me for was ill-representative of the position that was posted. The only opening they had was for a part-time position. I did not apply for a part-time position nor was I interested in one. They could see on my resume that I was employed - Why on earth do they think I would consider leaving my full-time job that I've had for over 4 years, for a part-time position? They also asked quite a few questions regarding qualifications that were never mentioned in the job description. Overall, a huge waste of time and I regret taking so much time off from work for this. I think the EBRP are a great organization and I support them, but I won't be applying for a job with them again. Their HR department needs a serious revamping.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the East Bay regional parks?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or a supervisor, and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake, and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question
    • What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Describe the guidelines to writing a business letter.   Answer Question