East Carolina University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intramural Official Interview

Intramural Official
Greenville, NC

I interviewed at East Carolina University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Learning all the rules at once is difficult. Do your best to learn the basics.

Interview Question – Having to describe the infield fly rule   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Business Manager
Greensboro, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at East Carolina University in February 2010.

Interview Details – The process took 3-4 weeks total after the interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Greenville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at East Carolina University in March 2010.

Interview Details – From the beginning, ECU never laid out any sort of plan about the interview process. After an initial group interview, I was then informed that I had to complete an "assignment" and come in for another interview. The assignment was a waste of time as it did not represent the actual job process. They simply provided text that they wanted turned into a poster. No discussion about who the audience was, where the poster was being displayed, what their objective was, or what could be edited. I was also told explicitly not to come up with multiple solutions.

The second interview was in front of a group of about eleven people, something I was not warned about. After that meeting, I never heard back from ECU. After all the time and work I spent for two interviews and unpaid design work, nobody deemed it necessary to even have the courtesy to thank me and tell me that they hired someone else.

Moral of the story, any company that provides an "assignment" is not looking for a conceptual thinker who understands that ideas and process are the most important part of the job. They are looking for a computer monkey who can follow orders from other people who do not have a clue about design.

Interview Question – Why did you pick that font size?   View Answer

Perfusionist Interview

Perfusionist
Greenville, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at East Carolina University in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person dinner/interview with the perfusion staff as well as a full day observing in the OR. The process was very laid back and everyone was very interesting to speak with. OR day consisted of case observations as well as meeting staff and physicians. Following observation I interviewed with physicians and staff.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your limited free time away from the hospital?   View Answer
  • Why did you choose to become a perfusionist?   View Answer

Worked for East Carolina University? Contribute to the Community!