East West Bancorp Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.8

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at East West Bancorp in May 2015.

Interview

One of the HR people emailed me to arrange an initiate phone interview. The phone interview was brief and easy. After the phone screening, I need to do couple online assessment tests. The tests were time consuming and intense. I spent about 1 hour and a half for the whole online assessment thing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for East West Bancorp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at East West Bancorp (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and On Site one-on-one interview. Phone interview is more like confirming your info/background. On site will be more focus on what are your strengths and how do you interact with interviewer. The hiring process is pretty straightforward. Personally I really enjoy this experience. Learned a lot from interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What's your current salary? Are you open to relocate?

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at East West Bancorp (Pasadena, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially, I sent my resume to a VP that I was referred to through a friend. The VP passed my resume on to the CFO who then initiated the interview process. The HR representative assigned to me was very friendly and professional, although he/she would often forget to follow-up with me for scheduling purposes. I got the impression that HR was swamped with work. On the day of the interviews, I fist met with the CFO. She/he was very impressive. She/he was young, sharp, and intuitive. We had a pleasant discussion about my background the why I was desiring to enter a financial career. However, I was surprised to learn that she/he does not speak any Chinese. On my second interview, I met with another very impressive middle level manger. He/she and I had terrific rapport and he/she said that he/she would be happy to hire me, although he/she thought I might be a little bored in the position the he/she had to offer. Again, I was surprised to find out that he/she was not a fluent or literate Chinese-speaker. Also, another surprising finding: the company does not even have a corporate license for basic statistical analysis software like SAS. On my third and final interview for the day, I met with the CFO's assistant. This person was saddled with an unlikely and inefficient trio of responsibilities: investment relations, risk management, and corporate financial statement preparation. And, she/he appeared to be making most of the risk management decisions without any strong quantitative statistical treatment. Of course, since the company had no corporate licenses for SAS, this made sense to them--I suppose. Again, she/he was a non-Chinese speaker. For an institution that books itself with the strategic goal of being a financial "bridge from the east to the west", it was downright unbelievable to see that many of the top management were not even conversationally fluent in Chinese. This finding led me to question the firm's ability to realize it's above-mentioned headline strategic goal. Moreover, it appeared from my interviews that the current financial health of the institution had more to do with conservative business practices (and luck) than with informed quantitative data-driven investment decisions.

Interview Questions

• I like to teach the people who work under me, but since you are trying to leave an academic environment, it seems you wouldn't be interested in that. Right?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at East West Bancorp in July 2010.

Interview

When you go in for an interview the first question is usually, "Why East West Bank?" They expect that you will have thought about that question in great detail and be able to explain to them what brought you to their office. It is essential that you are convincing with your response. Trust me, the entire interview depends on your answer. If you blow it, not matter how good the rest of your interview is, you won't receive an offer. Also, be able to tell them about the division in which you are applying. Do your homework and know what you are getting yourself into. If you are confused with terminology or the specifics, ask. This is also an essential question not to screw up on.