East West Bancorp Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.6

Quantitative Analyst - Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bancorp (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got the first phone interview from HR, focusing on background question. And she scheduled for the first-round face-to-face interview. The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bancorp in May 2015.

Interview

One of the HR people emailed me to arrange an initiate phone interview. The phone interview was brief and easy. After the phone screening, I need to do couple online assessment tests. The tests were time consuming and intense. I spent about 1 hour and a half for the whole online assessment thing.

QC Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for a QC Underwriter position on April 10th which should have been a panel interview with 3 people. I arrived early to the interview to ensure I was on time as i respect peoples times as i have been in their shoes before and understand the work load of a bank. When i arrived i was greeted by different employees which made me feel happy because they were attentive and that is something good for the company. After a few minutes one of the interviewers came out to greet me and advised that due to scheduling conflicts i will interview 3 separate times. I did not object as i do understand that things come up however i do not think when the appointment was set up that they scheduled appropriately. Each interview took anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. Again i was fine with the separate interviews however it was not appropriate to make me wait 20 minutes each interview. I was at the bank interviewing for almost 3 hours. With all this, I thought I gave my 100% with proving my track record of starting up a Quality control team with my previous employer which is basically what this job was. I thought the interviews went well with each one. Based on their responses they are looking to hire about 3 to 4 people depending on salary. After 2 weeks, I called the recruiter and left her a message as a follow up to the position. After almost a week of no call back i emailed her. Another week went by and i emailed again with no response. After several attempts to contact the recruiter and one of the interviewers, I finally heard back a month and 3 days after my interview. I sent an email as a follow up to the recruiter on May 13th at 12:41 pm requesting status and at 12:57pm i received a response advising that they are not moving forward. Its odd that she was able to respond that quick to this final email but what happened to the other attempts. This is called lack of communication and that is scary to know that a bank personnel has such lack of respect for people. I am very disappointed that not one person had the respect enough to respond with the status of the position. This is not appropriate especially as a bank. If this is how they conduct business with potential employees how do they handle customers.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Quality Control?   1 Answer
    • How would you recommend for our QC department to controlled?   1 Answer

Loan Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at East West Bancorp.

Interview

Very short. Interest in knowing your personal life than your business skills. My contribution here: If you know some one in higher position/ or you were recommended by some one who has a higher position, please tell the person who interview you because the chance to get hired is 98%.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at East West Bancorp.

Interview

The interview is a full day in person interview, go through panel and one-on-one interviews. However you do not know who will be your interviewer ahead of time when I applied. As far as I know, the company changed the interview process by having candidate take a personality test before offered interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do when you complete the program, why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at East West Bancorp (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and On Site one-on-one interview. Phone interview is more like confirming your info/background. On site will be more focus on what are your strengths and how do you interact with interviewer. The hiring process is pretty straightforward. Personally I really enjoy this experience. Learned a lot from interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What's your current salary? Are you open to relocate?

Customer Relation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at East West Bancorp (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was set up via school career service. The interviewer basically went through my resume and asked several behavioral questions. That was a 2-person interview. So both interviewees got to answer questions by order. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked us to pick one item that she prepared, and gave us 5 minutes to prepare and let us do a pitch.

Interview Questions

• The questions she asked were simple and basic. The most difficult part I would say the sales pitch part because she gave us water bottle, notebook and a shopping bag, which I had totally no ideas how to make a attractive pitch in 5 mins though.   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at East West Bancorp in November 2013.

Interview

The recruiter approached me over the phone first, and invited me to their campus event. After attending the campus event, submitted resume via my school recruiting system, I received 1st round interview, which is with 2 recruiters. Afterwards, I received a online aptitude test. After that, I received the final round interview invite. The final round is with 3 executives from HR, Credit, and Relationship management departments.

Interview Questions

• - If you are give a client to pitch, what would you say? - Give me a example when you successfully handled an unexpected situation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at East West Bancorp (Pasadena, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

An internal recruiter contacted me for this position. The entire process took 2 months including 1 phone screening with HR, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager, 1 phone interview with 2 team members and 1 skype interview with the hiring manager. Working with the recruiter is a pain, she never called me or picked up the phone ontime. She doesn't care what you bring to the table, she just wanted to find someone to fill in the position. The hiring manager is very professional, I would love to work with her if the pay was right.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, all the questions are job related. They did ask me to do an online test, which is close to GMAT.   Answer Question

The offer was a JOKE. I had better pay when I was an intern. And they offered $3500 (BEFORE TAX) as relocation to move me from east coast to west coast. It was almost insulting when she gave me the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at East West Bancorp (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

placed my resume with website and about 3 days later i got a phone call from east west bank hiring recruiter. we discussed the usual questions, background/experience/ GDC over last year, why i was transitioning companies ect. The interview went really well and she let me know that there was a in-bank financial advisor in Irvine, CA she would like to recommend me for. I let her know that I would be interested in interviewing for that position. After we concluded our call, about 5 minutes later i received a call from the some person. She let me know that she forgot to ask me something, I said sure what can I help with??... she asked me if i was fluent in chinese, i let her know that I was not, then she said really your fluent in chinese at all. I was taken back and let her know that I did not speak any chinese at all. She then replied, Are you asian?. I was shocked to say the least by the question, i let her know that i wasn't. Her response...well we have a position open for an insurance specialist would be interested, I replied by asking her about the in-bank financial advisor role, she let me know that it had been filled....I let her know I wasn't interested in working as an insurance specialist and we ended the phone call. my recommendation: if you want to work for this bank be asian...apparently

I wasn't asian