East West Bancorp Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
23 interviews

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at East West Bancorp.

The interview is a full day in person interview, go through panel and one-on-one interviews. However you do not know who will be your interviewer ahead of time when I applied. As far as I know, the company changed the interview process by having candidate take a personality test before offered interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do when you complete the program, why?   Answer Question
    N/A

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at East West Bancorp in April 2014.

Phone interview and On Site one-on-one interview. Phone interview is more like confirming your info/background. On site will be more focus on what are your strengths and how do you interact with interviewer. The hiring process is pretty straightforward. Personally I really enjoy this experience. Learned a lot from interviewer.

Interview Questions
    What's your current salary?
    Are you open to relocate?

Customer Relation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at East West Bancorp in November 2013.

The interview was set up via school career service. The interviewer basically went through my resume and asked several behavioral questions. That was a 2-person interview. So both interviewees got to answer questions by order. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked us to pick one item that she prepared, and gave us 5 minutes to prepare and let us do a pitch.

Interview Questions
    • The questions she asked were simple and basic. The most difficult part I would say the sales pitch part because she gave us water bottle, notebook and a shopping bag, which I had totally no ideas how to make a attractive pitch in 5 mins though.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

interviewed at East West Bancorp in November 2013.

The recruiter approached me over the phone first, and invited me to their campus event. After attending the campus event, submitted resume via my school recruiting system, I received 1st round interview, which is with 2 recruiters. Afterwards, I received a online aptitude test. After that, I received the final round interview invite. The final round is with 3 executives from HR, Credit, and Relationship management departments.

Interview Questions
    • - If you are give a client to pitch, what would you say?
      - Give me a example when you successfully handled an unexpected situation.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at East West Bancorp in August 2013.

An internal recruiter contacted me for this position. The entire process took 2 months including 1 phone screening with HR, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager, 1 phone interview with 2 team members and 1 skype interview with the hiring manager.
    Working with the recruiter is a pain, she never called me or picked up the phone ontime. She doesn't care what you bring to the table, she just wanted to find someone to fill in the position. The hiring manager is very professional, I would love to work with her if the pay was right.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, all the questions are job related. They did ask me to do an online test, which is close to GMAT.   Answer Question

The offer was a JOKE. I had better pay when I was an intern. And they offered $3500 (BEFORE TAX) as relocation to move me from east coast to west coast. It was almost insulting when she gave me the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at East West Bancorp in April 2013.

placed my resume with website and about 3 days later i got a phone call from east west bank hiring recruiter. we discussed the usual questions, background/experience/ GDC over last year, why i was transitioning companies ect. The interview went really well and she let me know that there was a in-bank financial advisor in Irvine, CA she would like to recommend me for. I let her know that I would be interested in interviewing for that position.

After we concluded our call, about 5 minutes later i received a call from the some person. She let me know that she forgot to ask me something, I said sure what can I help with??...
    she asked me if i was fluent in chinese, i let her know that I was not, then she said really your fluent in chinese at all. I was taken back and let her know that I did not speak any chinese at all. She then replied, Are you asian?. I was shocked to say the least by the question, i let her know that i wasn't. Her response...well we have a position open for an insurance specialist would be interested, I replied by asking her about the in-bank financial advisor role, she let me know that it had been filled....I let her know I wasn't interested in working as an insurance specialist and we ended the phone call.

my recommendation: if you want to work for this bank be asian...apparently

I wasn't asian

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at East West Bancorp in December 2009.

Hired both by Regional Manager Branch Manager

Interview Questions
    Not much can be negotiated. Salary will be in the range that company already set up.

Professional Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at East West Bancorp.

Disappointed with the interview process. Interviewers were ill prepared. Recruiter could not provide a basic sense of the job or comp package prior to going in for the interview. Recruiter had indicated to ask for her if I arrived early, and she was nowhere to be found. In addition, she did not pass my resume on to the interviewer. This was concerning as it was not an entry level position.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected comment - I was told I would not be a good fit after having extensively explained my background and being sought out by the recruiter due to my background/experience. I was given one version of the job by one interviewer and another version with the next. It is difficult to say if the issue was with the recruiter or the interviewers, but I did provide feedback on this in hopes of helping them with their internal process in the future.   View Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at East West Bancorp in March 2012.

HR will call you after their initial behavioral campus recruitment efforts. The questions are behavioral and ask about your resume and why you would fit a Relationship Manager role.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of your financial modeling experience and how that would help you deal with commercial loan clients.   Answer Question

The pay was not attractive enough.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at East West Bancorp in March 2012.

I applied for the job online and was contacted by the HR Rep about a different position. It was not in my area of expertise but since she seemed like I'd be a good fit for the job, I submitted to the interview. It turned out that it was a waste of time as the hiring manager for the new position was looking for someone with a different skills set. The rest of the interview consisted of awkward small talk.

Interview Questions
    • Very general: Can you describe your experience?   View Answer

Worked for East West Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!